Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Lenzerheide, anyone been?
  • bfw

We, the Ferrit’s, are off to Lenzerheide in Switzerland in the summer and was wondering if I should book the passes for the bike park now or by the day when we get there?

Anyone been that can help?

ready

I’m booked in for June, so will be following this thread with interest!

big_scot_nanny

Lenzerheide/Chur/Davos/St. Moritz/Klosters – the whole Graubunden area is utterly fantastic.

I am boringly consistent in recommending it on these here forums.

Wouldn’t think there will be any issue with buying a lift pass on the day. note, i think the lift pass is for the whole area – which is f’ing epic.

Are you jsut going for DH bike propelled action, or open to more enduro style riding. I hope the latter! The trails are ridiculously epic.

E.g. https://www.bikekingdom.ch/en/Bike-Tours/616-Biketicket-to-ride-rot_tour_2811055

rickmeister

Its a fab place and as well as the lifts, check the busses as they will also do uplift back to Lenzerheide from Chur. The Lenzerheide XC and DH weekend is a highlight for me. Lift pass on the day would be fine, its all well organised.

There is also this as a package https://www.herbert.bike/en/destination/lenzerheide/angebote for Lenzerheide and Chur.

Are you camping, AirB&B, as Ferrits, staying in a burrow? Motorhome?

huckersneck
    Free Member

I had a lot of fun riding the WC DH track a few years ago. Bought a day pass once there no bother. The ticket office was open quite early. Splash about in the lake afterwards was excellent also. Lac Blanc or La Bresse are ‘on the way’ if you’re driving out and want to break up the journey.

bfw

We are all riding. ‘All’ being me the wife and my 11 yo twin boys. One is pretty good and the other is fearless super fit. We are thinking more Enduro riding hopefully and was recommended by a mate who lives locally, who I used to ride with years ago.

We have a nice place a few k’s up the road (on the side of a ski slope with cows wandering about) which has full facilities cooking and cleaning, BBQ, etc and safe bike storage etc. Driving across from the UK via the Chunnel and a quick overnight stop in Basel to meet up with said mate.

Thank you so much all, this helps rest my mind. I will check out the links above. Thanks again all.

bfw

We are 6km from the Google mapped Bike Park start/office

rickmeister

I’m not sure on your route to Basel but head A25/E25 to Luxemburg for cheap fuel then Metz Nancy N59 St Die des Vosges and the Tunnel des Vosges to Selestat and, apart from the short €11 ish tunnel its toll free duel carriageway. Then straight south to Basel.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.