• This topic has 31 replies, 25 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by Xan.
Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • Lee nelson's well good show
  • TheFunkyMonkey
    Free Member

Seen it advertised for a while now, thought it was gonna be total tosh, as with most of bbc3 comedy shows.
    Just watching it now and it's, well, 'well good'! The sketches are a bit iffy but the main show is pretty good.

No doubt someone will come along shortly to saw it's the worst show ever, well it's not, that is reserved for corden!

_tom_
    Free Member

Seems like a worse version of Da Ali G Show. Will not be watching it.

TheFunkyMonkey
    Free Member

That's what I thought and avoided it, until I watched it tonight.

aracer
    Free Member

I expected to hate it, but was also surprised how good it was.

Crankmasher
    Free Member

I watched the first one which was funny as. Then i watched the latest one and found it to be a bit hit and miss. I dont think it will last…

rOcKeTdOg

I liked the first episode of "Rev"

clubber
    Free Member

Interesting to hear. Having seen the Severus for it, I thought it looked crap. Might have to give it a go then.

grumm
    Free Member

It's watchable, funny at times – certainly a lot better than it looks from the trailers.

IanMunro
    Free Member

I watched a bit of one episode and thought it was worse than the trailers 🙂

DezB
    Free Member

How bizarre, folks having difference of opinion about comedy show…

BTW

BigJohn

My favourite line: (apart from "you is from the future!")

"I got to go and babysit for my 13 year old sister.

Her kid's a right handful"

soobalias
    Free Member

the comparison with james corden is very telling.

agree with RD, Rev could be good.

njee20
    Free Member

I refuse to watch it purely on the basis of the adverts!

martinxyz
    Free Member

Its awful. I thought everyone on here would be slating it.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Funny, I liked the trailer, tried to like the show, but it's not doing it for me now.

yunki
    Free Member

I thought everyone on here would be slating it.

oh dear.. classic mistake..

we all like mountain bikes so we therefore we all have the same taste in culture and entertainment..

Pook

I don't think it's all that bad. He seems to have taken the nastiness out of his comedy which I find a lot of recent comedians have eg: jack whitehall et al. Yes the ads are awful, and the sketches are a bit hit and miss, but it's better than a lot of the current pap.

peteroughton169
    Free Member

Well I think it's defo one of the funnier progs on tv at the mo

MrSalmon
    Free Member

Saw about 5 mins last night and didn't rate it- actually this is a good example of why:

"I got to go and babysit for my 13 year old sister.

Her kid's a right handful"

There were a lot of gags like this where the punchlines were immediately predictable as soon as he'd said the first line.

DezB
    Free Member

Oh.

coffeeking
    Free Member

Dear god that's a really poor show. As I expected by the advert. Jesus if people find this amusing I fear for humanity.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Really? With the proliferation of nuclear, chemical, biological and loud bangy weapons, coupled with shouty angry despotic heads of state, I fear just a tiny bit more for Humanity than the effects of some TV show to tell the truth.

_tom_
    Free Member

So I thought I'd give it a go, watching the first part of episode 1 on youtube. This is absolutely awful, I can't believe people actually find it funny.

coffeeking
    Free Member

I fear just a tiny bit more for Humanity than the effects of some TV show to tell the truth.

You're mistaken, the downfall starts at grass-roots level, not at the top. The more the general populus finds such things funny the more idicative it is of lowering standards across the board 🙂

Seriously though, it is shockingly bad, it's like an am-dram comedy sketch, people shouting in some vain attempt at making what they say sound funnier, naff content, utterly childish humour and not even with redeemable features of other comedians.

DezB
    Free Member

Shame that series has finished. Bloody funny some of it.

And to repost my earlier comment

How bizarre, folks having difference of opinion about comedy show…

What is bizarre is folk taking their own dislike of a comedy show so f-in seriously. 😐

dave_rudabar
    Free Member

He was quite good with his ad-libs, to be fair – had me chuckling for half of it at least…

Drac

Thank **** it's finished.

bikemonkey
    Free Member

Not wanting to be too controvertial, but is there a north/south divide in finding this funny?

I'm from Manchester and think it's just plain rubbish. It has no frame of refence 'up here' (I realise Mcr isn't that far north)

Do Southerners appreciate the wannabe wideboy humour?

U31
    Free Member

Another vote here for the adverts where he is being piggy packed about and speaking like a retard really put me off,
    I havent watched a show yet…..
    A mate posted up a link on facebook with veiled references to an in joke involving the"armageddon" clip, a picture i used as a profile avvie of 2 figures, one bending down, and one holding "Raggett" ready to insert… I tagged my mate as being the hamster..
    Anyhoo the link he posted up showed a bizzarre hospital scene, and i knew what was coming regarding the hamster insertion joke, so i watched the scene

And i actually enjoyed it!
    Totally unexpected after seeing those F8ck awful adverts.

Will i watch an episode?
    That's yet to be decided.

grumm
    Free Member

I'm from up north but I thought it was occasionally funny – as said the ad libs were quite amusing at times. Most of the rest was fairly dire though.

DezB
    Free Member

Not wanting to be too controvertial, but is there a north/south divide in finding this funny?

Could be…
    this means nothing to us

Xan
    Free Member

IMO it should be call "Lee Nelson's well S**t show"

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)

The topic ‘Lee nelson's well good show’ is closed to new replies.