Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Leave your tin foil hat by the door…
  • TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member
    DezB
    Free Member

Great stuff. Forwarded to our Comms guys 😀

binners

Brill! I’m made ill by the piddling emissions from mobile phones.

I know!! I’ll move to an area full of great big, *** off military radio telescopes!

Can’t question the logic there 😯

alfabus
    Free Member

“My face turns red, I get a headache, my vision changes, and it hurts to think.

hurts to think, eh? bet you don’t get that pain very often.

Dave

alfabus
    Free Member

I know!! I’ll move to an area full of great big, *** off military radio telescopes!

Can’t question the logic there

Basic misunderstanding of telescopes there binners…. they don’t transmit, they collect… not a lot of radiation coming out of them!

Dave

TooTall
    Free Member

Green Bank is part of the US Radio Quiet Zone, where wireless is banned across 13,000 sq miles (33,000 sq km)

Sounds brilliant. When can I move there?

seosamh77
    Free Member

My face turns red, I get a headache, my vision changes, and it hurts to think

Hmmmm, I think I’d prescribe laying off the vodka and sticking in at school! 😀

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

But it’s a REAL disease! Didn’t you read the whole article…?

seosamh77
    Free Member

But it’s a REAL disease! Didn’t you read the whole article…?

Consider me a sceptic!

neallyman
    Free Member

Crazy people indeed, no denying that.

But then maybe we shouldn’t be too quick to mock. Once apon a time not so long ago people played around with asbestos, exposed themselves to it all day everyday at work etc (stories of dockers in liverpool having ‘snowball fights’ with broken up asbestos sheets during lunch and tea breaks). All under the belief that it was just a harmless fibre. Just saying like…

GrahamS

Very sceptical, BUT the article does mention that WHO acknowledge the symptoms as real and it does sound like at least one blind trial has been done – albeit with a sample size of one.

Andituk
    Free Member

Perfect opportunity to sneak a WiFi AP into town and prove or disprove it 😀

ski
    Free Member

I know someone who suffers from this condition, it has effected their life dramatically.

They have had to move home, change jobs & has become a virtual recluse, prisoned in his own home.

I am still sceptical about the condition but to the victim its a very real condition.

The person I know, suffered from a very stressful personal/military situation to live through (not GWS or GWI but could be related) a few years before contracting this condition & I suspect this has a great baring on the condition he now suffers from.

I believe its acknowledged as a condition in Germany, but not here in UK as far as I know.

philconsequence
    Free Member

once looked after a patient who believed they could feel electricity, made their skin itch, headaches and other such symptoms with no visible evidence other than what they reported feeling. claimed she was super-sensitive and could tell if someone had a mobile phone on them, turned a plug on etc etc.

short does of anti-psychotics worked wonders

But then maybe we shouldn’t be too quick to mock. Once apon a time not so long ago people played around with asbestos, exposed themselves to it all day everyday at work etc (stories of dockers in liverpool having ‘snowball fights’ with broken up asbestos sheets during lunch and tea breaks). All under the belief that it was just a harmless fibre. Just saying like..

very good point also.

alfabus
    Free Member

Ski… this person you know who it has affected; is it placebo? Have you/they tried any blind trials to see if they get ill when they don’t know the wifi signal is there, or if there is a box with lights flashing but no transmitter?

Genuinely interested.

Dave

ski
    Free Member

Ski… this person you know who it has affected; is it placebo

Dave, we have never tried a placebo test with him, not the sort of thing I would experiment on a friend tbh

But my Mrs has been very tempted in the past 😉

Its not an instant effect for him, he will feel ill a day or two latter if he ‘exposed’ to wi-fi or strong electrical currents.

I think everyone deals with stress differently & I think the link to the particular stressful situation he had to endure must have a strong link to what he is now experiencing.

[edit] I am not a Doc. btw, so all my comments are just hot air and my humble opinion

alfabus
    Free Member

Not to sound unsupportive or insensitive, but based on what you have said so far, there is no evidence of a causal effect from the ‘wi-fi signal or strong electrical current’.

No doubt he does feel ill, and that is very real; however, without proper investigative rigour, there is no way of knowing how it is happening.

The most likely explanation is psychosomatic, which is, as I said, very real for him, but doesn’t actually mean that the wireless radiation is doing anything bad. It just means that he thinks he will get ill when he is near a wi-fi hotspot – so hey presto, he does get ill.

Happy to be proved wrong, but anecdotal or circumstantial evidence won’t do that.

Dave

meehaja
    Free Member

I get muscle twitches in my leg, about level with my pocket where my mobile sits all day. Quite often I get a vibrating sensation, pick my phone up and a message arrives/it starts ringing. Could be coincidence, or it could be that my body is becoming sensitive to the distortion that TV/radio picks up when you have an incomming call. Either way, I’m now wearing tin foil trousers and hiding in my basement, wrapped in asbestos, at least I know what that does to me!

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

Wilma! Where’d you put my electric drill 😉

simonralli2
    Free Member

Well you may all laugh but you’re all getting toasted by the new Police radio microwave system back in the UK 😀

ski
    Free Member

Not to sound unsupportive or insensitive, but based on what you have said so far, there is no evidence of a causal effect from the ‘wi-fi signal or strong electrical current’.

No doubt he does feel ill, and that is very real; however, without proper investigative rigour, there is no way of knowing how it is happening.

The most likely explanation is psychosomatic, which is, as I said, very real for him, but doesn’t actually mean that the wireless radiation is doing anything bad. It just means that he thinks he will get ill when he is near a wi-fi hotspot – so hey presto, he does get ill.

Happy to be proved wrong, but anecdotal or circumstantial evidence won’t do that.

Dave

All very true Dave, I also belive its psychosomatic.

But until proven, he is having to deal with this very real to him situation the best way he can.

(will be posting him the details on National Radio Quiet zone from the link above, as he does not have an email 😉

alfabus
    Free Member

I’m no expert, but wouldn’t it be helpful to prove to him that it is psychosomatic?

From a purely logical standpoint, if you demonstrate to him that he is not really allergic to wireless signals (by blind trial), then wouldn’t that be the first step to recovery??

Or would his head explode with the paradox?

Dave

ski
    Free Member

Dont think I am qualified to mess with him tbh & he is not the sort of guy you would want to mess with if you know what I mean 😉

I will leave that to the experts & if he wants to be experimented on?

epicyclo

How can you test for this condition without using electronic gear which will emit something?

Mmmm, maybe there’s a market for an Aura Disorder Consultant…

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Leave your tin foil hat by the door…’ is closed to new replies.