Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 101 total)
  • Le Tour – Stage 12 – Up and over again?
  • nbt

I’m skipping this thread from now on, but Vino did say yesterday that Fulgsang was now the no 1 in the Astana team in preference to Nibbles

theotherjonv

Just looking at the third stage photo, was Richie Porte on the pies night before last and needed a breather on the way up??

Rachel

Just scrolled back to see what you were talking about. Coffee now in keyboard.

DanW
    Free Member

By the end of the stage today the riders will have climbed about 10km in 2 days

That is properly insane. When the days are that hard and you have a lead like Froome does then it seems likely he’ll try and shadow the other top GC guys. I don’t believe they have enough to bother him so it could be a relatively quiet GC day…. or all hell could break loose! Exciting day for sure 😀

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Rain and cooler conditions, faster up and sketchier down?

DanW
    Free Member

They do seem to be taking the corners fairly gingerly so that is a good call

mrblobby
    Free Member

Some interesting data from some of the tour stages over at Training Peaks…

http://home.trainingpeaks.com/blog/article/2015-power-analysis-tour-de-france-week-1

lemonysam
    Free Member

Rain and cooler conditions, faster up and sketchier down?

I reckon that seals the break staying away. No one’s going to chase hard off the Port De Lers

mrblobby
    Free Member

Sean Kelly back with the coffee.

Photo…?

xc-steve
    Free Member

I don’t understand what’s happened to the Yates brothers in this Tour. Simon was right up there on all the climbs of the Dauphine and Adam nowhere to be seen whereas the reverse seems to be the case here so far.

According to their backstage pass Simon’s got a cold, should be all cleared up by the alps!

bikebouy
    Free Member

Kwiatkowski and Vanmarcke have 15 seconds on the chase group that contains the remnants of the main break.

And about 10mins to Froomie..

Break has it then??

lemonysam
    Free Member

Unless some’s really, really up for this. Bertie to attack the descent?

mrblobby
    Free Member

Most likely, but I don’t think it’s a foregone conclusion. Break’s been out for a long time and the GC boys will be relatively fresh.

lemonysam
    Free Member

It’s belting down at the finish. Looks grim!

bikebouy
    Free Member

Yikes, raining on the decent too.. Steady does it..

Could be an interesting one for the main group when they hit the decent, fingers crossed they all string it out and land safely at the bottom 😕

lemonysam
    Free Member

Coverage struggling. Lots of helicopter shots!

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Stuck between Cricket and TdF Ads now 🙁 the last one was a info one that said the average rider eats blah calories which is the equivalent of 252 double cheese burgers…mmmm burgers

All set for some fun at the end

theotherjonv

Photo…?

[img]http://www.sbs.com.au/cyclingcentral/sites/sbs.com.au.cyclingcentral/files/styles/big_picture/public/20150716001156167636-original.jpg[/img]

“was Richie Porte on the pies night before last and needed a breather on the way up??”

lunge

Weather looks interesting at the finish, hail is being talked about.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

looks like some nasty weather at the end

lunge

There aren’t too many people who would have picked Sep Vanmarcke and Micha? Kwiatkowski to be battling for a mountain stage victory, you’d have got a good few quid on that bet I reckon.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Yup, two flat landers 🙄

mrblobby
    Free Member

Rodriguez, Fuglsang and Bardet off after Kwiatkowski. Can’t see him holding them off.

lemonysam
    Free Member

Holy crap that looks grim

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Sep Vanmarcke and Micha? Kwiatkowski to be battling for a mountain stage victory, you’d have got a good few quid on that bet I reckon.

I’ll give you 100/1

Some games in the peloton, Saxo couldn’t do it. Sky in control again

lunge

Fulsang past Kwiatkowski like he was stood still. Just checked, he is 11 mins behind Froome, they may want to keep an eye on him I reckon.

Edit, and he has 8 minutes on them at the moment, they better get a move on.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Bertie goes, too soon, too late? Richie on the chase

cloudnine
    Free Member

Is that contador Nibbles making a move…

mikewsmith
    Free Member

And Nibbles, no panic, this is what St10 was about, the rivals have it all to do and go for broke. Sky can lose one of this lot. Still3 Sky men in the group. Froome not even flogging it yet

lunge

Still GT and Porte with Froome. Will Froome attack???

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Whats the Porte back on the front 🙂 Thats got to hurt the challengers

lemonysam
    Free Member

Not sure why Valverde volunteered to do Sky’s job for them there.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

G to make it? Shame as I was hoping Porte was going to make it up there for the KOM jersey in his own right

lunge

Froome attacks, marked by Nairo, Bertie and TJ.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Fight for the line, too much by Froome just to egar

lunge

Attacks all over the shop, someone is going to go pop I reckon.

jamiep
    Free Member

Love this on the cycling news feed:

16:50:18 CEST
    And Quintana attacks. Porte cracks and Thomas takes over.

16:50:42 CEST
    Thomas has enough to bring back Quintana. Instantly.

lemonysam
    Free Member

Some lovely punch and counter punch stuff. Come on Movistar, make them work for it!

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Quintana goes, but they hold him

and G **** holds them all

lunge

Rodriguez win the stage, he had has 13:22 behind Froom on GC, start your watches, Fulsang was 13:02 behind. This puts them both back in the mix.

lemonysam
    Free Member

I think Purito quite enjoyed that

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 101 total)

The topic ‘Le Tour – Stage 12 – Up and over again?’ is closed to new replies.