Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Last night I so nearly died
  • MadBillMcMad

we were just coming to the end of a really good night ride.

We were riding back into Edgworth on the road going through a tight S bend.
    I was at the front, had just done the right bend and was almost at the apex of the left bend when a beamer flew at me cutting the corner and hitting the apex like he was in a race.

If I had been one bike length further or 2 foot from the edge instead of 1 foot I would not be writing this now – BASTARD.

There was no chance to get any details and I can only hope it shook him up at least momentarily. It certainly shook me.

I do not think I will tell my wife though.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

badnewz
    Free Member

so does god exist?

Pook

WTF IS THAT ^ SUPPOSED TO BE? Nothing interesting to add don't bother.

Glad you're ok Bill. Similar happened to me a few weeks ago – came a cropper avoiding a people carrier coming t'other way

GW
    Free Member

me too.. a piece of panini got stuck in the toaster but luckily I remembered to unplug it before poking around inside.. it's a scary world out there, be careful kids!!

badnewz
    Free Member

Wasn't a troll. I'm asking it he had any insights following a near death experience.

Pook, chill brother.

foxyrider
    Free Member

ME to – called him a F'in W'an£er – Couldn't help it and I only just stopped within inches of his wing!! 😯

Gary_M
    Free Member

I was riding to work the other day and a bus pulled across my path and had I been riding with my eyes shut I would have been under it and almost certainly dead. Close shave indeed.

ollie
    Free Member

Glad your ok, can be quite scary when that happens. Like you said lets hope it shocked him as much as you.

MrKmkII
    Free Member

Wasn't a troll. I'm asking it he had any insights following a near death experience.

with your first comment i thought it was a joke. now i realise it isn't, it's even funnier. HAHAHAHA

MadBillMcMad

no, no godly insights, but in true STW nickpicking form…. GW – that should be a 'panino' not a 'panini'.

woody2000

Been listening to R4 Bill? 🙂

DezB
    Free Member

Why is it that the near misses always happen when you're close to home?

Stupid young girl pulled out on me last night, the road right before my turning. She had been there ages, like she was waiting for me. F*&^ing motorists.

foxyrider
    Free Member

MrK mkII – 🙄 go an molest some small budgies rather than post here

MrKmkII
    Free Member

ahaha, even funnier. small budgies. for heaven's sake…

foxyrider
    Free Member

MrKmkII
    Free Member

glad you're all ok, and i wasn't after offence. i was just surprised that some people would make such conclusions about such escapes…

lowey

Think I know the bends, just after Crowthorne going down into Edgeworth ?

That entire road is popular with pricks driving well beyond what is reasonable.

Glad you ok mate.

foxyrider
    Free Member

Appology accepted MrK 😉 I can tell you it creates such rage in me when people try and take my life or injur me by driving atrociously 😳

toys19
    Free Member

Cars are dangerous, the law needs to be changed. All steering wheels to have a 12 inch razor sharp spike sticking out of them so that any sharp braking or dogy moves equals death..

MadBillMcMad

it was this one lowey – http://www.streetmap.co.uk/map.srf?X=374421&Y=416076&A=Y&Z=115

the one you are on about nearly did another rider the other day with a bus trying to overtake a rider on the bends.

woody2000,
    Indeed. I think I will try ordering a 'panino' the next time & see what I get.

Kevevs
    Free Member

ouch. can get scary sometimes. keep cycling! **** 'em!

Gary_M
    Free Member

This is all very dramatic.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Last night I so nearly died’ is closed to new replies.