• This topic has 8 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by br.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Larsen TT 2.35 – anyone done them tubeless?
  • Kahurangi

I should have had a thorough look before attempting this, but…

Stan's 355 rim and sealant. Maxxis Larsen 2.35 60a tyre that I want to try tubeless (LUST is only up to 2.0).

Has anyone managed this and how? I'm getting too much leakage between the rim and tyre. The tyre has ribs around where it needs to seal so I'm thinking it's not a runner. 👿

/edit – my alternatives are back to Continental – Mtn Kings or Race Kings as I at least know I'll get them to seat and seal.

/re-edit – this is replacing a Mtn King Supersonic on the rear, whjich was a good tyre, just too thin sidewalls to do tubeless well.

Dirtynap
    Free Member

I run single ply 2.35 TT's tubelss on EX1750's. Not a problem. Just rim tape, whack in teh selaant and inflate. Never had an issue. I race 4x with them and never had a failure. Super tacky front maxpro rear by the way.

Kahurangi

Hmmnn, maybe I'll get some CO2 and give that a try…

Cheers for the reply

el_boufador

ghetto/bmx tube? might help to seal the little ribs you describe

doug_basqueMTB.com

Jon, the guy I ride with use that set up on 819's. They say the trick is to get everything spotless; rim and tyre. Scrub it clean then soap it up heavily. They do it with the air line at a garage and say it needs a bit of bumping around and it goes on no problems. They use a syringe to add the sealant through the tyre carcass but I can't see the need for that, just drop the air out and remove the valve core.

I run a 2.35 singleply minion tubless upfront and it's no problem. Will go up with a track pump. It's worked well but now the tyre is very worn and it burps too easily.

Kahurangi

Cheers Doug, v helpful. Sounds like I may be best running it on the other bike then!

Vortexracing

got 2.35's TT on 5.1 rim tubeless, no problem but did use a compressor.

have got swampys and HR on my 355's again no problesm at all.

Kahurangi

Chucky – Yeah I don't have access to a compressor and don't want to need CO2 to get it done. Maybe I should give in and buy some! Did you use a rim strip, tape or ghetto?

Those who have run them tubeless OK; did you get a lot of leakage around the rim that then sealed up? Or were the ribs around the bead not present on your tyres?

br
    Free Member

I run that tyre on an 819 rim, lots of soapy water and a compressor for me, but then I'm not a 'real man' 😉

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Larsen TT 2.35 – anyone done them tubeless?’ is closed to new replies.

RAFFLE ENDS FRIDAY 8PM