Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Laptop bag to carry two laptops
  • JEngledow
    Free Member

I’ve got two laptops for work and want to carry them both (with chargers etc) in one bag, does anyone have any experience / recommendations? Thanks.

mogrim

Given the weight of two laptops I’d either go with a proper backpack or a trolley, forget the handheld / shoulder-strap ones.

I’ve got an “Airbag Protection” backpack which would fit two laptops easily enough, although it’s not specifically designed for it.

MrGrim

What size of laptops? I’ve got two 14″ laptops. I have a crumpler shoulder bag and an Ogio rucksack. I have sleeves for each laptop and stick them in beside each other. Obviously not ideal if you are carrying around 17″ers.

Weight with mine is not an issue.

lesterstar-spam
    Free Member

I think you need a backpack…but i’ve never seen such… 🙁

IA

I’d keep them in neoprene cases than chuck them in bag of choice.

Prefer sleeves to specific bags for laptops anyhow, more inconspicuous and flexible.

wwaswas

I’ve got two laptops for work

would it be rude to ask why you need two?

mogrim

I think you need a backpack…but i’ve never seen such…

Mine has carried two, but it’s not designed for it – the padded compartment will only fit one.

TBH, I’d look to a different solution – a hard drive with your personal data on it, and use the work laptop for that, or dare I say it an iPad or similar. Carting two full-size laptops around on a regular basis would be a real PITA.

Edit: didn’t realise they were both work laptops. Ditto on the why-you-need-two question above!

JEngledow
    Free Member

would it be rude to ask why you need two?

I’ve got the main work one with company emails etc and then one from the client with access to their secure servers etc. It can be a real pain in the bottom, but most of the time it’s not too bad and I use two seperate laptop bags. I’ve got a site meeting on Friday in central London and will need both laptops, but don’t want to carry two laptop bags on the tube 🙁

wwaswas

Could they not just set you up a single dual boot machine?

mogrim

Go with a backpack then, for occasional use it’ll be fine, just be careful setting it down as one of the laptops won’t be fully protected.

I’m guessing for security reasons neither the client nor your work would be happy with a dual boot or virtual machine type solution.

JEngledow
    Free Member

I’m guessing for security reasons neither the client nor your work would be happy with a dual boot or virtual machine type solution.

Yep, the project I’m working on is a security upgrade and I’m not even supposed to print anything off as it could pose a security risk! 🙄

tonyplym
    Free Member

Put everything into one of these http://www.peliproducts.co.uk/cases/1550.html

squiff
    Free Member

This, we have them and there really good

http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/90187084

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Laptop bag to carry two laptops’ is closed to new replies.

RAFFLE ENDS FRIDAY 8PM