Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Lapierre Spicy 2010 – Fork options?
  • sarkmeister
    Free Member

Afternoon all

I’ve got a Lapierre Spicy 316 2010 that currently has an old (2008?) set of Fox 36 Talas fitted (1″ 1/8 straight steerer). I’d like to replace these with some new Pikes as the Talas are very old and leaking oil.

I read somewhere that it is possible to fit tapered forks to this frame with the use of an external lower headset of some sort. Does anyone know if this is correct?

If so, can you point me in the direction of what I need to buy?

I can post a pic if that helps.

Cheers

spooky_b329

Done this, one option is the Hope Pick n Mix headset range, one of the bottom cups converts a 1 1/8th integrated head tube to take a tapered fork. The new cup is an external cup to make room for the bigger bearing, the only downside is it adds 10mm or so to the stack height.

My wife replaced her 140mm Fox 32’s with 150mm Rev’s, (plus height of external cup) after a couple of rides the extra height does not seem to bother her. She does run a bit more sag now.

robsoctane
    Free Member

I’m so glad this question was asked and answered, I didn’t know this and need to do this myself. Thank you both!!

timmys

It’s the Hope “H” bottom cup you need + a “2” top, if you are changing that as well.

Oblongbob

Hi. Did exactly this to my Spicy 2010 with no probs. Hope external on the bottom. Put some coil x-fusion vengeances on, which are a tad heavy, but rather nice on the downs.

sarkmeister
    Free Member

Cheers everyone. Glad to confirm before I go ahead and start buying stuff.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Lapierre Spicy 2010 – Fork options?’ is closed to new replies.