Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Landlord Requesting More Money
  • Rockdodger
    Free Member

I’ve just received an email from my landlord. When I first signed for the house we agreed she’d pay the council tax, she offered to do this I never asked and we wrote it into the contract that this is how we’d proceed.

I’ve been in the house since August and today she contacted me asking that I pay half of the council tax. Seems a bit cheeky to me, we have a contract which says she’ll pay the lot, but I’m unsure of how to handle it. The other thing is I don’t go through an estate agent it is direct through her.

Do I tell her to stick it! I think I should as the extra cash isn’t a small amount.

andy7t2
    Free Member

How long is the contract, it’s normally 6 or 12 months, if it’s run out she can renegotiate if not tell her to stick it

Rockdodger
    Free Member

I’ll need to check that part of the contract, good call. That may of saved me being kicked out

allthepies
    Free Member

Politely point out that you’ve budgeted for your accommodation to the agreed (by both parties) terms set out in your contract. If she wishes to change those terms then she should do so at contract renewal at which point you can reassess your options.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Landlord Requesting More Money’ is closed to new replies.