Viewing 21 posts - 41 through 61 (of 61 total)
  • Lance wins Leadville
  • vinnyeh

iDave, poor show. It doesn't take much intelligence to state 'xxx = cock' without saying why. Not a good advertisement for you, I'm afraid.

crikey
    Free Member

Have the rules for posting on here changed recently?

I wasn't aware that every utterance is now considered to be representative of the rest of ones life…. 🙄

iDave
    Free Member

lances battle with cancer is a separate issue to my opinion of him.

my girlfriend has leukaemia, it doesn't mean everyone has to like her

i coached 10 riders who have ridden at the olympics (3 road, 7 mtb) and two who won bronze medals (1 road, 1 mtb)

dave wiens doesn't do much training on the road

Maybe which ever Olympian iDave coached couldn't beat Lance so iDave hates him now.

not so. i don't hate anyone, certainly would find it odd hating someone who is good at their sport. i just find the worship of lance to be strange

WackoAK
    Free Member

dave wiens doesn't do much training on the road

So? What's your point?

i just find the worship of lance to be strange

So it's not really Lance you think is a cock but anyone who thinks he's done a good job?

njee20
    Free Member

Do you know him then? (serious question, given your apparent connections).

iDave
    Free Member

my original comment relates to the level of arrogance displayed by the riders in question. not in relation to the leadville 100, but over the years. also, dave wiens is a mountain biker through and through and isn't backed up by a huge expensive team of assistants. i'm surprised by the heated response, it seems that people are called cocks everyday on here. why the knee jerk reaction?

njee20
    Free Member

Who's that aimed at? I'm just genuinely curious if you know Lance, given that you clearly 'know' what he's like!

mt
    Free Member

iDave you have no need to defend yourself to the Lance lovers. Call him whatever you like he's had worse and deserved at times. Great bike rider though. Dave Weins though is a real mountainbiker and his Mrs was great also.

alwyn
    Free Member

Some of you should read Bad Blood it may not be 100% fact but it shows the true face of Lance and many other cyclists.

Lance is a good cyclist, but he is not good for cycling.

stratobiker
    Free Member

cock = a dominating person
    cock = never back down tenacity and fight

Yes I agree, Lance is a cock. One of the biggest baddest cocks the world of cycling has ever seen. I think he's amazing.

On the other hand dismissing anyone with a flippant remark says more about the dismisser than it does the dismissed.

SB

BlingBling
    Free Member

After reading the reviews of that book I cant think of any book I'd like to read LESS.

One mans obsession with Lance and doping being rammed down your throat?
    No thanks.

I'll just read iDaves posts and save the money 😉

PJ266
    Free Member

Lance bad for cycling? I know he's inspired me to get out on my bike, not a bad thing. Was there this kind of hate towards Nico Vouilloz? He was just as dominating in DH.

vinnyeh

it may not be 100% fact but it shows the true face …

I'm sure there's a technical term for this inherent contradiction. And you being an educated man and all.

iDave
    Free Member

One mans obsession with Lance and doping being rammed down your throat?
    No thanks.

I'll just read iDaves posts and save the money

calling someone a cock hardly ranks as an obsession and when did I mention doping in reference to Armstrong? Unlike say Greg LeMond, who has mentioned it a lot…….

Going back to the original post, yes lance won Leadville – a regional mountain bike race. I certainly couldn't win it, but I don't hate him for wining it.

alwyn
    Free Member

You have to read the book, some of the doping allegations have not been proven. But this could be more down to the way the UCI dope test the riders then whether they are taking EPO or not. The 50% hematocrit test basically legalised doping up to a 50% level.

What is fact is the way Lance has shunted riders who have spoken out against the omerta and who have condemned doping in cycling. Just look at pretty much the entire US postal team and the man who Lance uses as his doctor. Look at the way he treated Contador and Greg Lemond, he has brought money and encouraged people to ride but he has also brought suspicion and enhanced the doping culture. Cycling would be better off without him, Brunel and Ferrari.

Gary_M
    Free Member

dave wiens is a mountain biker through and through

Ah so lance is a cock because he beat someone who is a mountain biker?

So iDave have you actually met Lance or are you just using how he is presented in the media to form your opinion of him? Cavendish appears to be a bit of a cock although I'm sure in real life he isn't. As I've never met him I'll reserve judgement and I wouldn't call him a cock.

ffs iDave you're really not doing your 'funk the future' business any favours.

crikey
    Free Member

Again, what's all this 'you're not doing your business any favours' crap? It's a mountain bike forum where views are exchanged, and those views have jeff all to do with whatever business you are in.

iDave
    Free Member

dave wiens is a mountain biker through and through

Ah so lance is a cock because he beat someone who is a mountain biker?

when did I say that? why are you getting so lairy? anyone who reads this can call me a cock, i don't think they need to have met me to have the right to do that….. and wtf has it got to do with my business? I don't work in sport, i don't work in cycling, and to be honest, none of the people i work with would give a shit what i think of Lance. my business doesn't need any favours from people who really admire a certain cyclist.

bloody hell, half the tossers here would be on the dole if their views had any connection to their business/careers…. in fact i don't think i've seen the connection made before……

And, yes i have met Lance, more than once, not that it's remotely relevant.

mt
    Free Member

Hey Alwyn steady on about Lance, get reading a little more about the history of cycling. Lance aint perfect and to a degree iDave has a point about him but one thing is certain suspicion(sp?) and doping culture was already well entrenched in the world of pro cycling before he came along. You can't name any tour winner before him other than Lemond (possibly/probably) who you are certain did not take drugs, not one. Lance may get the blame for a lot of things but doping came before him and was there when he left (both times) and is still very prevelant.

cullen-bay
    Free Member

its a bit of a sadact that calls someone that has achieved more than they ever will a cock even if they have never spoken with them, oh sure he will have read articles saying lance said this and did that, but calling someone a cock isnt a very nice thing to do. If you met him in real life and were having a conversation with him you wouldnt call him a cock to his face, so its not big or clever to do it when there will be no consequence… hard man, real hard….

alwyn
    Free Member

I do agree with everything you say, but I feel that he has such a huge influence in the sport if he really came out and condemed doping head on it might make a difference. Instead he has done the oppersite with the way he has dealt with doping scandles and riders who have spoken out.

I think Ferrari is far worse then Lance, with the sports doctors gone road racing will be a better place. I think Lances time has come and Contador has proved he was the new king, all though he is not percieved as all clean. I hope the new generation of English riders will ride honestly (with the exception on Miller of course). Hopefully they will help change road racing for the better.

Viewing 21 posts - 41 through 61 (of 61 total)

The topic ‘Lance wins Leadville’ is closed to new replies.