Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Lance in TDF.
  • iolo
    Free Member

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/cycling/33290896

Even though, it seems, he won’t be very welcome. I wonder how much welcome the pubic will give him.

Harry_the_Spider

I just wish he and all of the publicity around him would dry up and blow away.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Thank for post, watched the first few mins and will do the rest later. If he’s raising money for his cancers chairty I am all for that

MSP

He’s pushing himself back into the spotlight and couldn’t give a flying **** about charity. As he always has done he is using the charity shield for self promotion and personal gain.

DickBarton

Depends…is the money being raised to help fund research to find a cure? Is it to help support the support network for cancer patients and their families? Or is it to line his pockets???

Yes, once bitten, twice shy and all that…

Reading the article, it does look like the money is being raised to support the cause and not support him…so all-in-all, it is a good cause and hopefully the controversy will help raise even more money…can’t stand the media he drags around, but I’m all for ways to raise money to help support great charity work.

uselesshippy
    Free Member

I think the French might be filling their water bottles with piss quite soon.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Quite ironic given the level of drug cheating in some of their teams

ajantom

Honestly, LA can **** right off. Anything associated with him is tainted, and though he may have his admirers still (IMO if you are one, you’re a blinkered idiot) anything he does is calculated to increase publicity for him, not help others.

wicki
    Free Member

Say what you like a great competitor and i suspect he took no more drugs than any one else.

Nice if he just quietly went away but i guess he is not the sort to go hide, takes courage, i don’t condone his behavior in the past.

daniel_owen_uk
    Free Member

Someone truly sorry for what he had done wouldn’t even think about returning to the TDF.

Charity or not, I think it’s completely disrespectful.

loddrik
    Free Member

So Lance was arrogant, superior, aloof, blamed others for his misdeeds, still refuses to wholly accept he was in the wrong.

Sounds like the French to me…

So what if he rides the route, how many have cheated and not been caught…

I wonder if Big Mig cheated..? My money is on yes, along with everyone else at that period.

Lance just got caught.

qwerty
    Free Member

If 7 Tour wins on a “level playing field” is his only truth, he’s a legend. A bastard to work alongside, but probably measures up the same as many other Tour winners. He’s been scapegoated due to his unprecedented and blatant thirst for Tour yellow. I reckon he holds a fair few cards up his sleeve that could bring down the whole UCI/TdF tower. He wants in again.

epicyclo

For every one booing him, there may be others contributing. Let him ride.

Armstrong was a major disappointment, but if the likes of Contador were able to keep riding, then Armstrong should be able to do charity rides.

leffeboy

I for one would be happy if we used the swear filter to replace his name with ‘a well known drugs cheat and bully’. Anything he did that is admirable is easily outweighed by all the other stuff 🙁

mtbguiding
    Free Member

Can’t believe the way he’s vilified at the same time as Contador is a hero. Armstrong was just a better cheat than Contador. The bullying thing was disgraceful. And anybody slating him for that would get my support. But the drugs thing went through pretty much the whole peleton, including a fair few that are still riding.

IanMunro
    Free Member

While we’re redeeming people – A big shout out for Jimmy Saville too. Raised lots of money for charity. Just got vilified because he was caught, when loads of others got away with it..

hora
    Free Member

Qwerty once again he didnt win on a level playing field.

People like Le Mond might disagree with you.

ajantom

Can’t believe the way he’s vilified at the same time as Contador is a hero. Armstrong was just a better cheat than Contador. The bullying thing was disgraceful. And anybody slating him for that would get my support. But the drugs thing went through pretty much the whole peleton, including a fair few that are still riding.

Nah, Contador’s a cheating toe rag as well. I think you’re missing the point, most people (on here at least) aren’t cheering the other riders and just being down on The well known drugs cheat and bully. You cheat and you should be out, for life. No backsies. One of the reasons I don’t watch road events anymore. I don’t have faith in half the riders and the system was/is buggered.

mt
    Free Member

its time he was left to get on with a some attempt to make amends for his behavior in the past. If riding a bike in France for the Geoff Thomas charity helps others then let him. Some of what I read now is bullying and persecution. The guy is paying his dues (even though I consider him under punished), we should allow him a way back.

Comparing him to Saville is stupid.

hora
    Free Member

Contador is a hero?

That word is so abused.

Klunk
    Free Member

the whole bloody tour is doped so what difference does it make.

ajantom

its time he was left to get on with a some attempt to make amends for his behavior in the past.

Maybe by doing some community work on the quiet, without telling the press in an attempt to give himself a publicity boost. Or donate anonymously some or all the money that he won whilst cheating, but again not in a way that is self -aggrandising.

IdleJon

ajantom – Member

its time he was left to get on with a some attempt to make amends for his behavior in the past.

Maybe by doing some community work on the quiet, without telling the press in an attempt to give himself a publicity boost. Or donate anonymously some or all the money that he won whilst cheating, but again not in a way that is self -aggrandising.

As much as I dislike Armstrong there’s a very obvious point there- maybe he’s already been doing it. You wouldn’t know.

AD

Never occurred to me to compare LA to Jimmy Saville. Awesome.

Northwind

uselesshippy – Member

And keeping it in the fridge, then catheterising it later so they can pass drugs tests?

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Lance in TDF.’ is closed to new replies.