Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Lancaster mountain biking????
  • robhornby89
    Free Member

So i have been living here for around a year now and i have only managed to find two good places to ride, gisburn being one and farleton knott being the other.
    Am i missing out on something here?

geoffj

Am i missing out on something here?

There used to be a bloke on here…
    (insert women’s arses / riding across SSSI jokes at your own convenience)

ransos
    Free Member
    tricky-dicky
    Free Member

Rob, have a look above Scorton/Nicky Nook and then access to Trough of Bowland routes. We are short of good trails in this area but these areas are ok.Some cheeky runs around Parlick, Longridge Fell nearer Preston.Have you been down to Rivington and Healey Nab (Chorley)

theflatboy
    Free Member

grumm off here is from there i think, he should have some suggestions.

failedengineer

what happened to SFB, anyway?

crazy-legs

what happened to SFB, anyway?

He’s quite prolific on Facebook and the Bogtrotters website but he took a self-enforced break from here.

They’re Lancaster based, I think their Saturday rides still meet down at the Holiday Inn by J34 of the M6 then they dirve off wherever. There are some good loops around Lancaster that can be done without a car but they usually involve some fairly bitty sections or canal towpaths, a lot of wiggling round to find the sections of bridleway.

When I lived there I’d generally just go up to the Lakes – ride up to Kendal on the CX, do some BW and FP stuff round there and ride home or just drive to Kendal, Staveley, Ambleside etc.

Yorkshire Dales are very easily accessible from there too

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

I just got bored with the blokey knee-jerk DailyMailness on here 🙁

theflatboy
    Free Member

have you got some sort of bat signal set up, though? 🙂

xiphon
    Free Member

Mike Marsden @ Borderline Events lives in Lancaster.

He regularly posts on FB asking if anybody wants to meet up for a ride.

soundninjauk

I used to go to university at Lancaster, and we went riding in the Lakes generally once a week. If you’ve got a car (or a mate who likes mountain biking and who has a car which is what I did) you’re sorted.

We did all sorts of routes like Borrowdale Bash, Back of Skiddaw, Nan Bield, and a fair few others that I can’t remember the names of. Good times…

audiosculpture
    Free Member

Yeah, or hop on the train to windermere / kendal / stavely and head out from there! eminently doable without a car. but easier with.

theflatboy
    Free Member

soundninjauk – Member

I used to go to university at Lancaster,

me too. 🙂

nick3216
    Free Member

I used to go to university at Lancaster,

all the best people did. oh, and me too.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Lancaster mountain biking????’ is closed to new replies.