Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • lakes loop advice please…
  • slowrider
    Free Member

hi,

thinking of a trip up them there lakes this week to do one of the routes from the 'trail guide' section of the site. going to do a medium rather than a big one as im still recovering from swine flu. which one is best out of the south lakes or the south west lakes one? cheers!

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Good grief, I'd never even noticed that section before! The photos for the western Lakes are utterly dire 🙁 I'm afraid I can't answer the question as my attention span is too short to read all that stuff, but there aren't many rubbish routes in the Lakes provided you avoid Stonesdale 🙂 [and even that's not ALL bad]

I have my own route guide here where the routes pop up as you move the mouse over the map, but there are confusingly many of them…

ChatsworthMusters
    Free Member

Strewth, me and sfb agree. I've just had a look at that section too. Can't say I'm impressed. Don't think anything there would make me go and do one of those rides.

If you're desperate and not some form of racing snake, I'm up there next Saturday, not made up my mind where yet. Mail me if you want a tour.

slowrider
    Free Member

that sounds like a fantastic offer but im busy all weekend so its got to be a mid week jobby.

jonjon

Lake District Mountain Biking is a little South Lakes biased, but will get you to all the best bits.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘lakes loop advice please…’ is closed to new replies.