Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Ladies what MTB shoes? Recommendations please.
  • Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Okay so I have an old pair of Cannondale shoes that are incredibly uncomfortable as the tongue has folded over inside and makes the shoes painful so decided it's about time I bought a new pair. I was looking at these two so far:
    Shimano WM40
    http://www.evanscycles.com/products/shimano/wm40-womens-mtb-shoes-ec008782?utm_source=froogle&utm_medium=froogle&utm_campaign=froogle

or these Mavic Zoya's
    http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?PartnerID=79&ModelID=42936

Or open to any other suggestions. I quite like the casual look of both the above rather than the racy stuff that Sidi do, plus I don't particularly want shoes that have a velcro strap.

Thanks!

clareymorris

I have the WM40s so can vouch for them and they are fantastically confortable, both for riding and walking! They do have one velcro strap, but it is great just for keeping the laces contained.

Konastoner
    Free Member

There's a bit of a sale on here: –

Shoes

Lake are one of the best & most comfy MTB shoes about.

brucethesprucegoose
    Free Member

My brother had the mens version of the WM40s and they fell apart quite quickly.
    I got some shimano MW80s, they're pretty expensive but I can safely say they are the best bike product I have ever bought, I can't stop raving about how good they are.
    Look at 661 shoes on CRC too, they do them pretty cheap and in ladies sizes and they've served me very well too.
    Make sure you're certain about how they fit too as the sizes are usually very much on the small size.
    🙂

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Oh I may look at the WM40's as they've had some good reviews. I can get Shimano and Mavic reasonably discounted which is why I asked about those 2 speficially for a starter. I liked the women's 5 10's but they are only flatties. Northwave and Sidi look a bit to racer pimpy fit chick for me!

alpinegirl
    Free Member

I have the older version of the VM40s and am really pleased with them. I've worn them 3-5 times a week over a couple of summers and they are holding up really well. Also not too hot or cold, and as said before they are good for walking in.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Ladies what MTB shoes? Recommendations please.’ is closed to new replies.