Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Ladies (and gentlemen I guess) your thoughts on Braun Epilators
  • beamers

The Silk-épil Xpressive Pro Wet & Dry 7681 Rechargeable in particular.

I would say that I’m thinking of getting one for Mrs B for Crimbo but I’m sure no one would believe me and you would think its a pressie for me.

’tis the truth though.

philconsequence
    Free Member

bought one (older model.. but the top one in the range with the little light and such) a couple of years ago for mrsconsequence… still going strong and no problems.

she saw the advert for that one you’ve linked too and did make a good point however… “whats the point of having one that works in the shower, it takes so long to do you’d have no hot water left after one leg!”

so you might be able to save a bit of cash by going for a high end one that doesn’t need to get wet 🙂

HTH

teagirl
    Free Member

Had one for around 15yrs, saved a fortune, take 2 paracetamols 30mins before operation, hurts like something that hurts a lot! Don’t know if it’s the present of choice tho’?

emsz
    Free Member

Couple of general points

They can be painful. They can leave your skin damaged if you’re sensitive. They’re expensive. If they work for you then great if they don’t it’s an expensive way of finding out. TBH most home waxing or epiletors are a bit rubbish. Go professional or shave

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

(Wanders into thread. Reads about pain and suffering. Makes hasty exit)

😯

beamers

Cheers all. Some top advice there.

Ewan
    Free Member

My missus uses one – seems to do the job quite well. She moans it hurts a bit, but I tried it on my leg hair and it doesn’t really at all, so depends what your pain threshold is.

london_lady
    Free Member

Does she already use an epilator? They can be a bit of a shock to the uninitiated and it may be taken rather badly as a present.
    I do have the one you are looking at and found it less painful than my old one and more efficient. It does not leave the legs red and sore like older versions, works well over the knees and does charge quickly. You still have to be wary about ingrowing hairs though as with any other epilator.

finbar
    Free Member

I use my sister’s epilator in summer (roadie 😳 ) . It’s a Braun, and she’s had a it a few years. Seems robust and well put together.

As an aside, epilating is absolutely brutal. It’s the most pain i’ve ever knowingly inflicted on myself. Shins are alright but when you get to your knee….. ARRRGGGHHH ! I’m wincing even writing it.

singlespeeddan
    Free Member

What about a laser remover. My Wife has fuzz free legs and doesn’t have to put up with ripping the hairs out by the root?

IanMunro
    Free Member

beamers, buy it. Try it on your scrotum, or arm pits first. Then decide if Mrs beamers will really want one.

philconsequence
    Free Member

get your shins/kneecaps tattooed then the:

“you have no idea what pain us women go through to look good for you?!”

“i had my kneecaps tattooed, its not as painfull as that”

“it was your choice to get tattooed”

“its your choice to epilate your legs”

“but what if i left my legs to go hairy, you wouldnt like that would you?!”

“your choice… go for it”

“no i cant have hairy legs! other women will judge me”

“then stop moaning at me ‘cos it hurts”

argument only happens once 😉

MrsToast
    Free Member

Many, many years ago, my dad got my mom an epilator for Xmas. She hated it, and was fairly cross at my dad (I think she’d asked for a razor rather than an epilator). She described it as ‘excruiating’. It was the 80s mind, technology might have come along a bit.

donks
    Free Member

Dont do it man she will epilate her legs through every TV programme you watch and all you will hear is the damn thing clattering away. And they are painful…maybe not as much as being tattooed but she went at me with one once and it wasnt pleasent.

Dolcered

just the same comment really, painful, takes a while, prob good inbetween waxes, otherwise you could spend a whole weekend attacking full on goat legs.

allthegear
    Free Member

They hurt, a lot. Somewhere between eyebrow waxing (not very much at all) and facial electrolysis (please, make it stop!), I’d say…

Supposedly, it gets easier over time but I’ve never had the commitment to wait and find out.

Rachel

dmiller
    Free Member

What donks said is what happens in my house. Get her a watch or something… 🙂

emma82
    Free Member

I have a braun and I love mine though its a few years old but still going fine. I don’t actually find it painful anymore, think I’m so used to it I don’t notice anymore. I find it quite therapeutic actually, plug myself into the ipod and epilate away but it’s not a quick thing, takes a good half hour I reckon to do both legs and lady bits. I once did my under arm hair. NEVER again. I couldnt put my arms down for two days it was that painful

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Ladies (and gentlemen I guess) your thoughts on Braun Epilators’ is closed to new replies.