• This topic has 123 replies, 34 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by cvilla.
Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 124 total)
  • La Vuelta a España – discussion thread (possible spoilers) (+ velogames)
  • Klunk
    Free Member

clinical, sit on remco for 10km then boom!

anagallis_arvensis

It was more pffft, than boom, 15s Remco would have taken that I’m sure

Klunk
    Free Member

yeah he did better than yesterday considering how much he was lent on.

Bruce

Any idea what happened to the Vuelta highlights on Quest tonight?
    I object to having tubby antique dealers instead.

cvilla

Caught it on GCN, not sure if the unclear finish timings had anything to do with it, i.e. not 100% sure about 3km rule…let’s wait and see.

stevious

I know it didn’t work out for him today but it’s impossible not to love Roglič after that attack today.

butcher

He’s putting up a good fight, that’s for sure. Remco possibly fading? Looks like he lost a lot of skin today so let’s hope he’s good for the rest of the week, could be a good finale.

The-Beard

I really hope Roglič is ok, it’s been a cracking Vuelta, it would be a real shame if it was to fizzle out in the final few days.

Robz
    Free Member

Jumbo Instagram already confirmed Roglic wont be at the start line today. Which is a shame.

YoKaiser
    Free Member

Gutted, the race will be a whole lot less exciting without him.

stevious

I guess now instead of talking about how Roglič used to be a ski-jumper the commentators can talk about how he lives under a powerful witch’s curse.

13thfloormonk

A bit confused by the Evenepoel puncture controversy.

Implication is that he faked a puncture once inside the last 3km in order to roll in on the same time as the peleton. Assuming this is true, why would he bother? To grab a sneaky bit of extra recovery by soft pedalling over the line? Or did he think he was going to get dropped?

Just curious, not really interested in whether he actually punctured or not 😎

Watty

The inner cynic in me says ‘cheat’! Mr Blythe seemed pretty sure that there was bugger-all wrong with the tyre. If he didn’t have the legs and feared a big time-loss then it was an easy decision to make. Oh, and he did look a bit sheepish! However, I do hope I’m wrong. Thankfully cycling is quite unique in the sporting world in that instances of cheating are quite rare 😉

dirtyrider
    Free Member

Adam Blythe took to Twitter after the show to update on the situation

tyre was flat “apparently”

13thfloormonk

If he didn’t have the legs and feared a big time-loss then it was an easy decision to make

That’s what confused me though, did the red jersey really think he was going to get dropped by the peleton? Couldn’t he just have sat in the wheels or was he really that knackered?

Watty

^^^Back-peddling^^^ excuse the pun, “you better apologise Adam before you get us into trouble”. Twittering on your walk to the tube, come on 🙄
    Monk, yes he could have sat on and ultimately lost a minute, a minute and a half of his lead – Roglic and the other four riders were off. As I said, it’s me being cynical, but if you take everything at face value it just looks all a bit convenient.

Klunk
    Free Member

big crash early doors Jay Vine out 🙁 huge break up the road and it seems to kicking off 80km out

YoKaiser
    Free Member

I’m not cynical, I’ve been watching Evenepoel all through this Vuelta and he’s leading it the right way, ie winning stages, fighting attacks and he looks like a guy with something to prove. To think he would pull a cheap stunt to save time flies in the face of everything I’ve seen so far.

anagallis_arvensis

Remove did alright today!

Shame for Roglic, I really like his style and guts and sportsmanship.

nbt

Not impressed with the technical staff at Quest TV, having failed to show the highlights the other night, tonight they only showed the racing with nothing from Orla, Dan, and Adam in the studio. It’s bad enough when they DO show that bit, the GCN coverage is not as food as ITV4 with Ned and David: the latter provide information about who’s in the break, how it formed, fire the race is going on behind and who’s doing ok, while in GCN we just get Sean telling us how difficult it is and leaving us to guess who the 14 riders in the break are…

Bruce

Wot he says^

ricbikemag

And my wife didn’t even get the opportunity to criticise Orla’s choice of wardrobe again “white stilettos with long green socks?!’ etc

LD
    Free Member

I suspect the lack of studio was out of respect for other events yesterday afternoon, happened with a few sports I think, even the footy.

Watty

And you’re going to be even more disappointed today. No Breakaway before or after today’s Vuelta, although there IS live racing and Orla briefly explained why PLUS the Tour of Britain’s been cancelled – as a mark of respect etc.

cvilla

But at least we have Velogames to entertain us…at least I took a screen shot today;) sorry B’hop and NBT but top step of the podium 🙂
    OK so probably only today but amazed and of course only STW mini-league;)
    Big today tomorrow lets hope there is some good racing, enjoy.

anagallis_arvensis

Still holding on to the top ten! Pleased with that.

nbt

Given I was third from bottom after day 1, I’m happy with 3rd place right now

anagallis_arvensis

Craking win that!

YoKaiser
    Free Member

Given I was third from bottom after day 1, I’m happy with 3rd place right now

I was 2nd from the bottom and I’m now 5th…..or possibly 6th if I refresh the screen enough I get 5th). Will my Remco sealing the win beat Red Ajax’s Pedersons probable win tomorrow..

Bunnyhop

cvilla – no worries.
    I’m hoping to pop back to ‘top spot’ in tomorrow’s TT. Maybe Rohan Dennis will do well and more importantly Fred Wright. I’ve lost 3 riders out of 9, so pleased with being in the top 3 at the moment. Naughty nbt (hubby) sneaked in front when I wasn’t looking.

If I had a £1 coin for every time Sean Kelly says ‘It’s difficult’ or ‘they’re/he’s in difficulty’ I’d be rich :O)

mogrim

tomorrow’s TT.

Eh?

YoKaiser
    Free Member

Sprint finish today bunnyhop

stevious

Despite the excellent effrots of Richard Carapaz and Rigoberto Uran my altitude native team sit squarely at the bottom of the league.

anagallis_arvensis

Come on Merlier, please win today!!

YoKaiser
    Free Member

This is nail biting!

anagallis_arvensis

Is Merlier not in the race anymore?
    Was a strange old sprint that one!

YoKaiser
    Free Member

He did do a pre race interview and Alpecin definitely did contribute to pulling the break back.

Bunnyhop

Silly me. I somehow got the info that it was a TT – doh.

What a great race.

YoKaiser
    Free Member

Tim Merlier finished 119th!

cvilla

Well I never….top of STW league…so there is hope for everyone;) A nice bit of fun, love grand tours, well played all see you next time 🙂 C

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 124 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.