Viewing 41 post (of 41 total)
  • Kona Rove – anyone got one ?
  • trail_rat
    Free Member

600km in , a few changes but i think im settled now on a bike i could ride around the world tomorrow if i so wished 🙂

still stuck with the hayes brakes which are damned good now and easy to adjust.

Ive swapped out both hubs – front to an exposure SP dynamo and the rear to a pro 2 40T

I Changed out the headset for a hope i took out of a bike before i gave it away to a mate (and put the konas one in that bike as it was a non sealed effort) I also robbed the bontrager racelite carbon post and brooks b17 from that bike too – just because.

ive fitted an IQ-X to the front , a toplight senseo plus to the rear on my Summit stainless rack and put a cycle 2 charge top cap on. Im in the process of putting together a switching box ala Ian Barrington.

i fitted a set of pdw Full metal fenders as they were the only guards that fit over a set of WTB nano 40cs and dont catch in use , could sit far enough from the tyre to allow mud clearance – i know this goes against the purists who feel a mudguard should hug the tyre as close as possible – but this isnt the 1970s any more 😀 an SKS 45 couldnt be set far enough from a 40c tyre in this frame for my liking and the wire stays moved too much it would contact the tyre so i had fear of ripping it off.

I commute on it every other day which is now 50% Non surfaced tracks atm and Ive had it out on a tour round skye – its much better at loaded stood up climbing that my roadrat was (and to be fair to the road rat it was never designed for that) but mostly with the 40c tyres on the rough roads around the coast were never an issue comfort wise 😀

certainly feels much less twichy and stable than my cross bike due to a slacker seat and headtube and while its no road bike – its no slouch either. I have a set of 32c conti gatorskins ill throw on and itll be a fine winter road bike for group rides.

most of all – eejits have stopped telling me my forks on back to front.

Viewing 41 post (of 41 total)

The topic ‘Kona Rove – anyone got one ?’ is closed to new replies.