Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Kodi
  • Xylene
    Free Member

Anybody use Kodi for movies and tv? Is there anyway to get live streaming BBC on it?

tragically1969
    Free Member

Yes, just download and install an add-on with iplayer on it

http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:IPlayer

Ahhh, live you say, you will need to look for the FilmOn add on.

isto
    Free Member

The Phoenix add-on on might have BBC on it. It has everything else so it is quite likely. You need to add Fusion and then the tv-addon repository before you can add Phoenix. There are plenty of YouTube walkthroughs for this.

This repository also has Genesis on it which gives you access to pretty much every box set. Not that I am in any way condoning it’s use as I am sure it is not entirely legal 😯 . Just saying like.

Xylene
    Free Member

I am messing about with it now, but an’t get a cbeebies feed

sam_underhill

I only use mine for movies. Logitech Harmony remote in the living room anyway, so control feels just like a consumer device. Kodi is installed on an Intel NUC with an SSD so it boots way faster than my freesat box!
    Chromecast for iplayer, youtube etc as the phone/tablet interface is better for searching for stuff.

xherbivorex
    Free Member

yes, as above, phoenix repo/add-on has phoenixTV in it which has live streaming BBC channels, they don’t always work (such is the nature of kodi stream links!), but they’re good when up and running.

phoenix and genesis are the only two add-ons i ever use now, pretty much.

Xylene
    Free Member

Phoenix doesn’t appear to be just now. working

Shame. otherwise impressed

tragically1969
    Free Member

You may well find your ISP has blocked some of these streams……

xherbivorex
    Free Member

phoenix was working fine last night on my droidsticks box.
    oh, and they tend to use VPNs in the background of most of the addons so ISP blocking of the stream hosts doesn’t affect playback- i’ve never encountered a blocked stream while using XBMC or Kodi so far.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Kodi’ is closed to new replies.