Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Knebworth Festival 40th anniversary (old girl reminiscing)
  • cinnamon_girl

40 years ago this weekend I was there! Interesting finding out who was there and who’d been erased from my memory due to old age. 😀

Jeez, I can’t even remember seeing the Allman Brothers. 😳

fatboyslo
    Free Member

Wow. ,
    Didn’t realise it was so long since they started at Knebworth,
    Wasn’t there that year but did go in 76 to see Genesis, but mainly cos Tom Petty was also on the bill,
    Went back in 86 to see Queen , and again in 90 for Pink Floyd as part of a very eclectic line up for Silver Clef awards .

Loved that venue but can’t imagine wanting to go now … But never say never

jota180
    Free Member

I went the year Led Zeppelin played, 79,80,81 ?????

Great times

cinnamon_girl

1974 saw the very first festival at Knebworth and I’ve been reading some interesting stuff online about the event.

Those were the days eh? 8)

senorj

My mother went to one 76/77 ,she complains she was cold.. 🙂
    I’ve just cycled past – Sonisphere(?) this weekend – poor sods look wet through.

cooie

Zeppelin was ’79

On a similar theme, I was at Glastobury in ’84, back when it was a proper hippy festival.
    I only went because I got a free ticket. I’d been to Stonehenge the three previous years.

jag61

went to see Genesis also on the bill were Devo, Jefferson starship and that bloke who sang ‘one of those days in england’ whose name I can never remember. I drove down so must have been 78 just passed test.
    FWIW thought genesis were great the others? well…

CountZero

and that bloke who sang ‘one of those days in england’ whose name I can never remember.

Roy Harper, When An Old Cricketer Leaves The Crease?
    Not sure I recognise ‘one of those days in england’.

MoreCashThanDash

Apparently I may not be the oldest person on the forum…. 😉

cinnamon_girl

Apparently I may not be the oldest person on the forum….

Ooooooooooh, I may have been under age. 😉 There’s others older than me. 😀

Been a bit silly though – have ordered the commemorative set and am excited. 😳

jag61

CZ yes thats him thanks
    More cash… clue is in forum name 😥
    Cg I expect there is!

downhilldave

Aaaaaagh, think I might remember seeing Led Zep at Manchester Free Trade Hall . Sometime in 1971 😯 November ish of that year . Think I was the only one not flying at the time , everyone was ston@d . Some good bands about then for sure, and indeed now.

downhilldave

Jag61, Are we not men. We are Devo

jag61

dhdave yep thats the only one i remember, thought they were dire then and still do!!

Northwind

I went ages back. 2009 I think it was. But I can barely remember.

psling
    Free Member

I have trouble remembering too. These days it’s old friends who say “do you remember when we saw so & so at wherever” and I have no recollection! Or I’ll say something like “I really wish I’d seen such & such live” only to be told “Well we saw them at wherever in ’76”!!
    I do remember the Stones and Skynyrd one year at Knebworth. I think…

Oh, and MTG, Glasto in ’84 had already moved on from ‘hippy’ – they even had lasers by then 😉

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Knebworth Festival 40th anniversary (old girl reminiscing)’ is closed to new replies.

RAFFLE ENDS FRIDAY 8PM