Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Klein attitude front derailleur cable help
  • lifeofdave
    Free Member

Hi,

Does anyone happen to know what type of front derailleur I’m best using with my Klein attitude comp frame? I’ve just fitted this deore one shown in the pictures but the cable clearly hits the frame. Should I just protect it using some tubing or is there a more elegant solution that avoids hitting it in the first place?

How it’s currently set up:

cheers for any help!

eyerideit
    Free Member

Another fellow Kelin rider!

I’ve got a XT dual pull on my Attitude race.

I’ll post up a pic of mine.

eyerideit
    Free Member

Sorry not cleaned it since Saturdays ride 😳

Maybe a high clamp version is what you need. (This is a 10 speed version though).

Sonor
    Free Member

Mines exactly the same. Never really thought about it. The front mech is original, I’m sure I’ve replaced the cable once in the 11 years I’ve had it.

eyerideit
    Free Member

I’ve now read your post properly. My cable’s making it’s own path. I suppose it will travel as far as it needs to so it pulls straight

Originally the the derailleur didn’t have that cantilever direct bottom pulls so I guess the cable had a straighter path

mattbee

I trimmed a little bit of the cable gide tube that comes out of the frame and used it to ‘line’ the hole in the frm to stop the cable cutting a groove. Seems to have worked fine for years, but then again how often do you shift on the front and how far does the cable actually move?

lifeofdave
    Free Member

Aaah eyerideit that photo of the original derailleur says it all, thanks! matbee I think I’ll do the same, partly to protect the frame just in case, but also reduce cable friction.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Klein attitude front derailleur cable help’ is closed to new replies.