Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • King Flange Failure…
  • MisterT

(don’t you love the word ‘Flange’… said it 4 times today, and made me smile each time) – but

riding to work the other day, and front wheel ‘popped’ – sounded like a spoke breakage, rim suddenly buckled.. wtf I thought, never had a front spoke break.
    on inspection it was rather more frustrating than that.

it’s a pair of R45 Road hubs.
    have found hairline cracks on other side of front hub.
    just checked rear hub too, and can see 2 hairline cracks on the drive side.

Speaking to the wheel builder, he has seen CK hubs do this before. not sure if he’s talking BS or not?
    Spoke with Mark @ Evolution and he’ll sort out a warrantee claim.

anyone else had CK hub failures?

ton

a friend had that happen on a rear mtb hub.

i think anything made light will not be very strong.
    i may be wrong.

njee20
    Free Member

Whats Kings excuse then, because they’re not particularly light!

Hope Mark sorts it out, he’s not the easiest to deal with, seems hard to dispute in this instance!

Onzadog
    Free Member

Just wait for them to blame the two cross build.

nodrog2
    Free Member

Seen this happen a few times on King hubs. Not really any more so than other brands though. Evolution should sort you out but if they give you no joy then speak/email directly to Chris King in the states, usually they will bend over backwards to help.

matthewlhome
    Free Member

I was just reading about something similar this morning here…
    While out riding

sc-xc

Happened to my old front hub – exactly the same. CK were great, replaced no problem.

MisterT

Mark at evolution rebuilt the wheels using new hubs…. arrived the other week, and have been very happily riding them… amazed how easy it was to deal with evolution… just took about 3 weeks. thankfully I have spare wheels, so no probs.

just hope this time they don’t fail. I’m guessing they were originally built with more tension than is expected.

all’s well now.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘King Flange Failure…’ is closed to new replies.