Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • kinesis crosslight pro6 cx opinions
  • pinder318
    Free Member

Looking for a do it all frame for dirt tracks and road miles and came across the kinesis. All parts will be transfered from my other bikes but just wandering what real life experiences people have got. Thanks

cloudnine
    Free Member

Just been out for a blast on mine.. apart from the toe overlap (cos im a short arse and would probably be the same on any small cx frame) and the slightly fragile paint i cant fault it.

Lummox

Good luck finding one, i’ve been waiting on my order since end of december, got to due date to be told it’ll possibly april when the land in the UK.

Disappointed as it was to replace the crashed CDF i was paid out on.

pinder318
    Free Member

Thanks cloudnine hopefully overlap shouldnt be a problem as its a 60 frame. What kind of build and weight is yours so I know what to expect.

Jamie
    Free Member

Looking for a do it all frame for dirt tracks and road miles and came across the kinesis. All parts will be transfered from my other bikes but just wandering what real life experiences people have got. Thanks

If you’re a shortarse like Cloudnine, this might be of interest:

http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=40090&t=12957405

…assuming it’s still for sale.

Rorschach
    Free Member

Tyre clearance is a little tighter than I expected for a disc frame…max 38’s I reckon.

pinder318
    Free Member
    cloudnine
    Free Member

I went all shimano 105, salsa cowbells and just some cheapish mavic open pro wheels with hope hubs. I havent actually weighed it as not like i could really (afford to) drop much weight off it. I dont really have much experience of cx bikes but it seems to have a very good feel to it and i bonded with it straight away.. (hope that makes sense as some bikes ive instantly disliked)

I got my frameset from probikekit for about £350 (in the sale and with a about 12% back from TCB) Not sure if they still have any

pinder318
    Free Member

Whats the biggest outer ring youve had on as ive got some ultegra cranks I wouldnt mind putting on for fast road training 36/52. Thanks for all the replies:-)

cloudnine
    Free Member

I went with the 105 compact crankset which is 46 or 48 (cant remember).

pinder318
    Free Member

Thanks cloudnine. Only getting frame as I can build rest from bits and bobs from other bikes and leftovers so should be very cheap build. Anything like my spesh enduro the more I use it, the more cash will be splashed on upgrades over the summer:-)

D0NK

Pro 6 with hope crest wheels, 32c tyres, bb7s, full guards, running it ss at the moment, will be putting some 105 running gear when the weather and trails dry a little. Has a stiffer back end than the Day One it replaced, much lighter frameset, forks are a bit more comfy I reckon. Only had it a month but I like it so far, slight toe overlap with guards and my size 12s, geometry is very similar to the genesis so I took to it easily, not got much to compare it against tho.
    Paint is pretty lame, easy to scratch.
    Lbs got a black one in for me no probs, think green which looks a lot nicer IMO, has a bit of a waiting list.

notmyrealname
    Free Member

I think the Pro6 is the perfect do it all bike.

I’ve been using mine far a month or two now, mainly on bridleways but it’s also managed a couple of laps of Swinley without any problems. It’s currently got a set of road tyres fitted and it’s just as quick, if not quicker than my road bike.
    Like others have said, the paint seems to scratch quite easily but other than that it’s been spot on.
    Mines currently running 1×10 SRAM gearing, Hope V-Twin brakes, Hope/Stans CX wheels and some Salsa cowbell bars. There’s some slight toe overlap with mine, a 57cm frame and I’m 5’11.
    http://imgur.com/sDL7dxW

benman
    Free Member

Had mine around a year now, 57cm and 5’11. No problem with toe overlap, but I only have size 8 feet.

As others have said, the paint is a bit fragile, but that could be down to it being gloss?

My only other niggle is the standover – I wish the top tube was more dropped (like my old Kona Jake). Its very straight.

On the positives, its pretty light, looks very slick and seems nicely made. Rides really nicely, and is quite comfortable for an alu frame.

Mines built with Tiagra / XT cassette and cranks / BB7 brakes / Superstar – Stans Iron Cross wheels. Running tubeless with 40mm front tyre and 35mm rear.

I don’t race it, just use it for long days out on fire roads, woodland singletrack, towpaths, national cycle routes etc.

tang
    Free Member

I love mine. Ridden as a crosser mainly but have it pressed into road duty atm with full wrap guards. Ultegra/105/trp hyrd/novatec dt / 3t is the build.

D0NK

notmyrealname custom wheels or is somewhere doing hope/ironcross ready built cheap?

edhornby

opinion? If I wasn’t skint I’d have one like a shot

notmyrealname
    Free Member

D0NK – Member
    notmyrealname custom wheels or is somewhere doing hope/ironcross ready built cheap?

POSTED 29 MINUTES AGO # REPORT-POST

The wheels are from Moonglu. They’re about £350 a pair IIRC.

cloudnine
    Free Member

Sun coming up this morning..

tk46hal
    Free Member

Mine one early cold Sunday morning!
    Great all rounder as well!

Houns

Mine with some phat thing

jonba
    Free Member

Love mine. 3 pks on it twice, two cross seasons (with podiums), a few off road centuries and it is currently mud-guarded up as my winter road bike.

No issues with toe overlap that I’ve noticed.

Wheels were from JRA – A23 tubeless on hope hubs. Mix of second hand ultegra and new 105 gearing.

Fast, with slicks it isn’t a million miles away from my carbon road bike. Comfy and geometry makes it very capable. Rode the red at Kielder and Newcastleton on it last year. Started from Newcastle so did the first and last 40 miles on the road.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘kinesis crosslight pro6 cx opinions’ is closed to new replies.