Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Kinesis Crosslight Pro6 – can you get singlespeed dropouts?
  • honourablegeorge

I know a lot of the Kinesis frames can swap dropouts – anyone know if they can be had for this frame?

STATO
    Free Member

It doesn’t even have swapouts. Are you confusing it with the tripster??

honourablegeorge

Hmmm – you may be right…. sure I saw a Kinesis frame with swappable drops on my search.

All roads currently leading to the Escapade. Can’t find anything else frame only for similar (ideally less) money that’s SS compatible (but can take gears in future), 40c tyre clearance, disc brakes, looks nice.

STATO
    Free Member

Probably the Convert of the Decade sub-brand. Not sure its being continued but not noticeable on their web-page.

Triton Cycles link

Its a road not cross bike tho, so don’t think it meets your requirements.

Gotama
    Free Member

Transition Rapture?

honourablegeorge

Gotama – Member
    Transition Rapture?

Saw that – but comes without a fork for the same price as Escapade with a fork.

honourablegeorge

Stato – yes, think I was mixing up my Kinesis frames.

otsdr
    Free Member

All roads currently leading to the Escapade. Can’t find anything else frame only for similar (ideally less) money that’s SS compatible (but can take gears in future), 40c tyre clearance, disc brakes, looks nice.

Bit of an annoyance with the Escapade (most likely with all horizontal dropout do-it-all frames) is you can’t run the wheel all the way forward with 35c tires and Shimano’s 11 speed front derailleurs – the lever of the derailleur ends up rubbing the tire when on the large ring. And don’t get me started on trying to attach a fender to the chainstay bridge or trying to remove the wheel after you’ve mounted the said fender.
    Slider dropouts should be the standard for SS.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Kinesis Crosslight Pro6 – can you get singlespeed dropouts?’ is closed to new replies.