• This topic has 16 replies, 16 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by gonzy.
Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Kids sharing a room
  • sandwicheater

Number two sandwich consumer should be arriving over Christmas and once kicked out of our room, will be sharing with sandwicheater jnr (will be just turning three when number two moves in with him).

Any advice from parents? I just foresee bad nights for all concerned.

hughjayteens
    Free Member

My two girls shared in our old house. Eldest was six when the little one moved into a cot in her room and she loved having her baby sister in her room. Thankfully both are/were good sleepers.

My son was almost four at the same time and I think she’d have been fine sharing with him too so I wouldn’t worry about it too much – if they’re both sleeping the night through before you do it I don’t see any issues.

toppers3933
    Free Member

Our two still do share a room. Toppers jnr was three when toppers jnr mkII turned up and it’s never been a problem. The oldest one would sleep through a fairly serious natural disaster though to be fair. Both of ours have always slept through really well but on the occasions that either has had a rough night the other one tends not to be affected.

perchypanther
    Free Member

Any advice from parents?

They’ll get over it.

I’m 43 years old and have never had my own bedroom.

Also bedrooms are a bit like bicycles. The correct number to have is n + 1.
    Once you start that habit it’s a slippery slope.

I live here now….

sandwicheater

Cheers guys. Sandwicheater jnr is an ace sleeper so perhaps i’m worrying over nothing.

It’s likely my fear of change that has me worried. That and another drain on my dwindling bike bits fund. 😥

wanmankylung
    Free Member

Any advice from parents? I just foresee bad nights for all concerned.

My boys share a room. I think it has made them closer. It’s fine.

ads678

In our old house my kids were in separate bedrooms, son was 4 and daughter was 2 ish before we moved. My lad was not good at sleeping and we had regular horrible nights of screaming and shouting (not just from him unfortunately :cry:).

When we moved house we put them in the same room with bunk beds, and it changed instantly! Everyone was more settled. Kids like to be in a room with someone.

My lad at 7 has now decided he doesn’t want to share with his sister so we’re doing up the spare room for him. I don’t think my daughter has realised yet and i don’t think she’ll like when she does!!

Rubber_Buccaneer

I think Jedward shared a room and they turned out fine. Don’t worry about it 🙂

dirtyrider
    Free Member

The going to sleep is fine in our house, it’s the twatting about at 5/6am that’s harder to deal with

SaxonRider

Don’t worry about it! I have four toddlers in one room in my humble end-of-terrace, and sometimes I have to get up early on a Saturday and yell at them to get back into bed – but then I find out from friends that their own kids would never have stayed in bed as late as I make mine.

Every kid will be different, but it’ll all be fine.

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

I have twins, they can and do sleep through even when the other wakes up and causes commotion.

Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

My boys share – they are very close together in age (15 months apart at 3 & 4) and they won’t have it any other way! We have a spare room which we wanted to keep as just that, but even if we move they apparently want to stay together (just in a bigger room!).

I shared for most of my childhood, so it isn’t something that bothers me.

Harry_the_Spider

The going to sleep is fine in our house, it’s the twatting about at 5/6am that’s harder to deal with

The story of every family holiday that I’ve been on in the last 6 years.

scaled
    Free Member

Little Miss S is 5 and Baby S is 7 months now.

Given the choice the baby would have spent every night in my daughters room, she loves having him about. It helps that she sleeps like the dead though, until I have to get her up for school*.

*Weekends she’s up at six, nach

geoffj

Our 2 have their own rooms, but even at 11 and 8 they prefer to share.
    I’m soo glad we had that loft conversion 🙄 😆

ir_bandito
    Free Member

jr_bandito#1 was 4 when jr_bandito#2 turned up. (3 years ago)
    After a few months, they were in the same room together. Bit of a nightmare as #1 hates going to bed, but once asleep, sleeps like the dead. #2 loves going to bed but is a very light sleeper. Lead to some very stressful bedtimes as they would alternate keeping the other one awake, sometimes for hours.
    We moved house 3 months ago. They have seperate rooms. Its wonderful 🙂

gonzy
    Free Member

our son was 5 when our daughter was born. he had his own room but she stayed with us in our room in her own cotbed. then when our second son was born we had to put her in her own room. in anticipation of this i had moved our eldest into the larger spare room and the smaller room was going to be our daughters. that way the little one could stay with us.
    but our daughter didnt like her new room but wanted to share rooms with her older brother. they’re both good sleepers so we didnt think it was a problem until about 6 months ago when she decided she didnt like him sharing the room anymore. my poor boy ended up being kicked out of his own room and has now gone back to his old bedroom while the 3.5yr old madam has taken residence in his new room!!
    at some point the little one will be moving out of our room…the plan was for the 2 boys to share the larger room while our daughter had the smaller room to herself…its not worked so we’ve decided to buy a bigger house!!

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Kids sharing a room’ is closed to new replies.