Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Kids BMX shin pads
  • davosaurusrex

The boy (12, father’s skinny legs) wants a bmx for Christmas. Well, actually he really wants a VR headset but that’s not going to happen, screen/device time is already a big enough battle!

Any recommendations for shin pads? Ideally knee and shin combo but I imagine they are much harder to find with a decent fit and comfortable

dyna-ti

Footie ones might have more choice available or be of better fit.

redthunder
    Free Member

Footy shins from SportDirect, spray black.

I wear them for minicing around the woods, but I got weak shin skin 🙁 always smacking them somehow.

Footy shins for years and have worked well.

zerocool

What about good shoes and decent pedals? That’s what stopped my shin injuries all those years ago.

Or done ion d3o socks

sharkattack

Can you even buy BMX specific shin pads anymore? I can’t think of any. I’d probably buy footy ones as above.

But also, decent pedals and a pair of Vans will be more useful.

davosaurusrex

Got the pedals sorted and a pair of Ride Cencepts Hellion Elite inbound (for a pretty bargainous £48). He broke his big toe earlier this year in an off wearing normal trainers so gripper soles and a decent toe box should help

ceept

Have a look for fox ones in your local Motocross shop, that’s what most of the kids who race BMX here use.

davosaurusrex

Will do, ta

TheBrick
    Free Member

I run fuse shin pads (when I use shin pads) they definitely do a small maybe an extra small I am not sure.

dyna-ti

Long socks and a folded up newspaper ?.

loum
    Free Member

At our kids BMX, those that have shin pads mostly seem to have combined knee and shin guards. Fox and leatt seem popular

Lankysprinter
    Free Member

Fox pewee are good and often cheap at mtx shops online, ours were £12.
    Pics of the bike when he’s riding it!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.