Viewing 18 posts - 41 through 58 (of 58 total)
  • keyboard warrior syndrome
  • Northwind

I like testing my thinking against other people’s, basically. I don’t trust an opinion til someone else’s tried to pull it down and there’s not much like a good forum for that.

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

I like testing my thinking against other people’s, basically. I don’t trust an opinion til someone else’s tried to pull it down and there’s not much like a good forum for that.

+1 despite my online persona. I am pretty much unsure of most of most of my own opinions, until someone irritates me.

I like arguing with Ernie, yourself and good number of others.

convert

I only come on here and get involved in a bicker when either I’m bored or as work avoidance. I long ago gave up any illusion that it was possible to influence the opinion of others online (especially here).

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Oh, I don’t know 😉

nickc

It’s too easy not to. Few clicks and you’ve had your say, no one can shout you down. I always feel a bit embarrassed about it afterwards though if I’ve said something stupefyingly stupid.

Cougar

This thread shows atypical levels of self-awareness for STW forum.

Oh.

I must’ve misunderstood the point, I thought the whole thread was a self-deprecating in-joke.

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

Oh.

I must’ve misunderstood the point, I thought the whole thread was a self-deprecating in-joke.

😛

CountZero

I can’t be bothered arguing with strangers I’m never likely to meet…
    They’re the best people for a keyboard warrior to argue with. It’s the ones you are likely to meet that you need to be careful of.

Too damned right! Thankfully nobody here goes to my local. 😀

tenfoot

I don’t come on here and argue.

I’m far too conciliatory

It’s probably my downfall in the outside world.

Three_Fish
    Free Member

STW is a bit like a Thursday night in a real ale pub compared to the now-removed PoSER (Political Social Economics Religion) board on MTBR. Crikey, that place was a virtual shark tank, and absolutely beautiful in full flow.

anagallis_arvensis

I blame Zokes

beermonst3r44
    Free Member

I used to be on filecabi.net and that was just a forum of non stop arguing flaming etc tbh got a bit boring .

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

What’s yours a symptom of?

Boredom, coupled with my great sense of humour 😉

I don’t really get in arguments on here, often get picked on though. I just post a jokey comment and most people seem to take it seriously!?

garage-dweller

Because one day I will win the Internet and you will cower in the wake of my typed awesomeness.

Although if I am honest I am worrying that my planning was a little off. I had originally planned to finish my work here in 2011 but due to the outstanding quality of warriors on here I have revised my estimate until the day you all cave in and take up golf just to shut me up (estimated 5 June 2050).

thejesmonddingo

You mean this isn’t the world’s longest running pedantry competition? I fell like I’ve wasted the last 15 years now 👿

aracer
    Free Member

I’ve always assumed you only ever trolled, but some people clearly didn’t realise that – and then you turn up with some serious comments 🙂

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

🙂 some stuff is worth taking seriously! I don’t reckon bike related stuff is though 😀 !

squirrelking
    Free Member

^ You were on Descent-World back in the day were you not?

Viewing 18 posts - 41 through 58 (of 58 total)

The topic ‘keyboard warrior syndrome’ is closed to new replies.