Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Kenda Slant 6 2.35- how big?
  • Northwind

Thinking of picking up another Slant 6, brilliant tyres… But for the big bike this time so maybe a 2.35 stick-e. The 2.1’s a little oversized, just wondered if anyone knows how the 2.35 sizes up, Kenda are usually accurate but if it’s much oversize it’s not going in this frame!

Cheers

chiefgrooveguru

Ze Germans are a bit behind on this one: http://www.reifenbreiten-datenbank.de/reifen-Kenda.html

bigjim

I’ve got one of them, but not the supertacky one. I’d say it is pretty 2.35y to be honest! It isn’t massive but isn’t undersized. I don’t have it mounted at the moment so can’t do a measurement, from memory it is smaller than the 2.3 Butcher (but that might just be an illusion based on the lack of knobs) but bigger than a newer 2.25 nobby nic, how’s that? It is a very rounded profile tyre but you probably know that from your smaller one. Mine appeared to have a permanent kink in it, it never seemed to sit properly on the rim (Arch and Mavic)

I have to say I’ve only had the courage to use it on dry hard trails, I took it off for the Jayfest day at inners. Have you used them on ‘proper’ trails like Inners? Just wondering what they are like, there is gobs of grip when it is hard and dry but not sure about loose conditions?

Northwind

Cheers for that, sounds like it’ll go- 2.3 Butcher works, though is a bit short on mud clearance, so this should be OK too.

I’ve got a 2.1 DTC at the moment, it works pretty well in loose-but-dry, as-dug trails and the like. Only used it on the dh trails at innerleithen the once, it did struggle as they’d dried out and gone marbly as they sometimes do, bottom switchbacky bits were a bit beyond it. In the mud, inners enduro stuff and the like, it’s got bugger all grip but it’s really consistent as it can’t clog- works out better than some knobblies, sometimes.

I left it on the ragley for a slow, brake-draggy run at fort william. Suspect I skidded at least halfway down the mountain :mrgreen: But I did not die and it wasn’t its fault I crashed.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Kenda Slant 6 2.35- how big?’ is closed to new replies.