Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 128 total)
  • Kelis upset by 'slave' insult in London
  • uplink
    Free Member

That’ll be why

When I watched Blue Peter it was Peter Purvy, Val Singleton & John [get down Shep] Noakes

🙂

KINGTUT
    Free Member

uplink – Member

That’ll be why

When I watched Blue Peter it was Peter Purvy, Val Singleton & John [get down Shep] Noakes

It was for me as well, but I kept on watching as I couldn’t resist trying to look up Janet Ellis’s skirt.

PSA. Lying on your back looking up at the edge of the screen does not work.

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

but not Joey Deacon – Footballer?

I think you might be thinking of Joey Barton which is an easy mistake to make.

Joey Deacon had cerebral palsy and was the subject of a TV documentary that i think was discussed on Blue Peter too. He became a bit a topic for a years or so on the telly whenever disability was brought up. As far as abuse, Joey replaced spastic as the playground term of choice for a bit.

Shandy
    Free Member

Self-entitlement meets ignorance and puts UK race relations back 40 years.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Shandy – Member

Self-entitlement meets ignorance and puts UK race relations back 40 years.

I was only 9 years old.

hora
    Free Member

Joey Deacon also shares my birthday (well he used to). FACT.

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Joey Deacon also shares my birthday (well he used to).

I bet you kept that quiet until long after leaving school.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

hora – Member

Joey Deacon also shares my birthday (well he used to). FACT.

oof, must resist.

hora
    Free Member

haha at school I used to do the “joey” and the hardest kid used to freak and punch me for doing it.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

hora – Member

haha at school I used to do the “joey” and the hardest kid used to freak and punch me for doing it.

He needed a reason?

aracer
    Free Member

Well I remember Joey Deacon and Frank Spencer, but no idea who Kunta Kinte is (is it a stroppy American singer in a queue at an airport?) despite being the wrong side of 40.

My money’s on her making up/imagining most of it.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

For those of you that were too busy watching the Bionic Man..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roots_%28TV_miniseries%29

lynchmob
    Free Member

‘I’m gonna say that the racial issues in the uk are disgusting’
    why because 1 moron at the airport according to yourself racially abused you for pushing in a queue. you say nobody helped but nobody else joined in with the abuse. probably because they thought the guy was a dick

DezB
    Free Member

Tbh her songs are okish but really don’t stand out

Against what? “Amelie” ? Bit of nonsense there, Hora. It’s the sort of music that does stand the test of time, unlike the kind of pop you compare it to. Anyway, back to race relations.

ski
    Free Member

People don’t fight about it.

😯

hora
    Free Member

Ah I’ve got that French accordian tune still going around my head from yesterday… I mean AMERIE (woof woof!)

cranberry
    Free Member

From this:

“We just landed and I had the midget with me. we get in the passport control line and apparently pissed this one man off cause he thought I cut the line. Which wouldn’t be far fetched of me but this time I actually didn’t (not entirely anyway)…

We can see that the woman obviously has a problem with the truth and honesty.

I have never heard anyone in the UK refer to someone as a slave, and have never heard the name of a character on by now fairly obscure American drama used as a racist insult in the UK. I think therefore that the woman is at best very mistaken, if not actually creating “racist” incidents to fuel her own ends.

Oh, and she’s a manist, redist, sweatist, and in pushing in to a queue a selfish, self-regarding, arrogant tosser.

The fact that the Gruanidad printed this non story just shows what a Daily Mail-esque rag it really is.

kimbers

my milkshake is better than yours

to be fair cranberry its also reported in the telegraph, the mirror, the indipendant,the times the bbc and indeed the daily mail

traveling can bring out the worst in people
    whether its teh delusional rantings of a popsinger or a racist fat bloke whos seen roots

i once had a geordie guy come up to me on a train in aberystwyth and ask me why i had to have my hair like a n**** (i have dreds) i called him a hair fascist he called me a race traitor and ran off down the platform

ScottChegg
    Free Member

What?

Over 50 people said nothing. I mean literally nothing. Didn’t flinch. We all no I’m no saint, so I retaliated. Not the way I wanted to Or how that pig deserved. But #1 my gorgeous baby boy was literally sitting on my hip and #2 I’m a believer. And we are better. Sposed to be..

She’s full of crap; don’t believe a word of it.

ski
    Free Member

race traitor

Might use that at SSUK this weekend 😉

DezB
    Free Member

She’s full of crap; don’t believe a word of it.

‘Nuts’ is the word I used earlier, and I’m sticking with it.

molgrips
    Free Member

I find it hard to believe that anyone could be naive enough to think British people aren’t just as racist/ignorant as any others, a lot of threads on here prove that without a doubt

I don’t think they are. STW threads prove otherwise. Usually someone comes on and says something in a bit of a grey area and the entire rest of the forum jump down their throat.

hora
    Free Member

Attention whores using the suffering from decades keeping the world alive and fresh in everyones minds…nice.

http://www.brooklynvegan.com/archives/2008/02/nas_kelis_worep.html

Junkyard
    Free Member

i new who kunte kinte was and Joey no idea who the attention whor eis that you mention.
    +1 for flash incredible that a racist is so well read /informed
    I go for someone was rude to her because she pushed in and she cries racism

The EDL told me I was a traitor to my race Kimbers

hora
    Free Member

Strangely dont they have two queues for passport control? One for homeland/US and one for non-US? I’ve no idea but thought it applied to them?

Anyway. I remember an incident involving my gf on a slamdoor train in London.

We were getting on the last train home and my gf accidently left the door open. A woman said to her ‘shut the **** door’ (and repeated a number of times rapidly). My gf replied ‘alright, calm down’ to which the ‘woman’ jumped up and punched her in the face. I was inbetween blocking and and decided to diffuse by moving away. Anyway as we went down the carriage the woman was shouting ‘**** racists, they were racist to me’.

Absolutely gobsmacked.

TuckerUK
    Free Member

I find it hard to believe that anyone could be naive enough to think British people aren’t just as racist/ignorant as any others, a lot of threads on here prove that without a doubt:

http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/slaves-and-travellers

http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/do-travellers-pay-their-taxes

Choosing to live on someone else’s land illegally does not make you a separate race, despite what anyone says.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

I guess some of you are quite young so you don’t remember ‘Roots’.

It’s still in print isn’t it?

clubber
    Free Member

I had to watch Roots when I was a kid – went to an American International School for a while y’see. It was better than the usual stuff covered in the ‘Humanities’ lesson though.

Strangely I don’t remember Joey Deacon.

hora
    Free Member

I find it hard to believe that anyone could be naive enough to think British people aren’t just as racist/ignorant as any others

So you are saying you can’t question or critise a groups actions incase you are seen as racist?

Whatever next, people who rioted are only doing so as they weren’t given high-paid jobs in the banking industry?

Duggan

This^^^

I’m well aware that GB has some very ignorant and racist people, as much as anywhere else. It doesn’t mean I have to believe every single reported incident without question though.

grum
    Free Member

There’s way too much agreeing with Hora going on in this thread. 😕

alex222
    Free Member

she is also a trained Cordon bleu chef. makes amazing music and i er probably would also.

BoardinBob

Had to endure her live at Rockness a few years ago. I called her far worse names than “slave” that day. Awful dirge.

hora
    Free Member

Wonder what Prince would make of this

BoardinBob

😆

DaRC_L

well she should know better than trying to rock up to a queue in Britain and jump it – obviously there is no more heinous crime. She’s lucky she wasn’t lynched… 😆

vinnyeh

well she should know better than trying to rock up to a queue in Britain and jump it – obviously there is no more heinous crime. She’s lucky she wasn’t lynched…

My wife was queuing in a Boots in a predominantly black area of London a few months back, when a lady squeezed in front of her. My wife told here that the back of the queue was behind her, and got asked in a loud voice ‘would you have said that if I was white?’. When she got home my wife said that she felt so intimidated and upset by the woman she had to walk out of the shop without purchasing.

retro83
    Free Member

hora – Member

Attention whores using the suffering from decades keeping the world alive and fresh in everyones minds…nice.

http://www.brooklynvegan.com/archives/2008/02/nas_kelis_worep.html
    Posted 2 hours ago # Report-Post

lolque?!

MrSparkle

@ vinneyh She’s a shoplifter then? ;0)

hora
    Free Member

Middleaged Mums ass 😳

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 128 total)

The topic ‘Kelis upset by 'slave' insult in London’ is closed to new replies.