• This topic has 164 replies, 61 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by DezB.
Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 165 total)
  • Katie Hopkins talking at your kids school – good, bad, meh?
  • angeldust
    Free Member

I like my life, nice long career helping people in the NHS

What is it about the following factors:
    * working in the NHS,
    * having the propensity to tell everyone listening about how much that they help other people,
    * and, being on STW

that adds up to some individuals being unable to accept common sense :twisted:?

deviant
    Free Member

Your ‘common sense’ and my common sense are different thats all…despite what a lot of the media tell you its ok to have differing views on things, it doesnt make somebody a bad person, they just have a different opinion.

PJM1974
    Free Member

Hatey Plopkins’ views differ greatly from mine.

I’m also 99% sure that she’s an utter bellend too.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

despite what a lot of the media tell you its ok to have differing views on things, it doesnt make somebody a bad person, they just have a different opinion.

is that what trump told you?
    You seriously think invoking the holocaust in a tweet is anything other than a
    bit sick?

deviant
    Free Member

I said it would be interpreted badly…but only an idiot would think she literally meant marching muslims to the gas chambers…

..the rest of knew she was on about getting tough on fanatical islam and immigration.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

well I’d say you have been played there, she has her audience and they hate islam, they have no idea what it is or how or works but they hate it.
    Just remember that most of the EU attackers were from the country they attacked – most were born there.

angeldust
    Free Member

Your ‘common sense’ and my common sense are different thats all…despite what a lot of the media tell you its ok to have differing views on things, it doesnt make somebody a bad person, they just have a different opinion.

Have a look at the list of Hopkins quotes on the previous page that you agreed with, and tell me again that you are not a ‘bad person’. Actually, ‘bad person’ is the wrong term, ignorant is more apt.

It also occurs to me that we should not be discussing the publicity whore at all. If we ignored her she might go away and stop influencing the weak minded malcontents that think she ‘has the balls to say it like it is’. She doesn’t really believe this stuff, she is just trying to make money out of people with deep seated blind hatred. There are better ways to discuss these issues.

DezB
    Free Member

I reckon this is just another example of the prevelance of misogynistic, powerful wimmin, haterz threads myself.

angeldust
    Free Member

I reckon this is just another example of the prevelance of misogynistic, powerful wimmin haterz threads myself.

🙂
    I’m not sure a man would get away with the things she says!
    Having said that…….Trump.

DezB
    Free Member

Having said that…….Trump.

Ooh yeah! You don’t see any threads about him, do ya?!

deviant
    Free Member

Just remember that most of the EU attackers were from the country they attacked – most were born there.

Bingo…and this is why in this spate of terrorism the role of militant/fanatical islam should be discussed…as you said, most of the attackers are from their host countries, its not about xenophobia or race…its about a section of the islam religion that sees non muslims as ‘the enemy’ and thinks its ok to blow people up in the name of their religion…its about discussing why ISIS type propaganda is allowed to be hosted on the internet, its about why these group of young muslim men across Europe cant/dont integrate into western society and instead decide to attack it…on the news last night there was a video of young British muslim men with the now deceased (thankfully) Jihadi John, they were from Manchester, Birmingham and other UK cities but had travelled to the Middle East to fight with their Muslim ‘brothers’…its about finding out why this happens, what message are they getting from their religious leaders or the religion itself that makes this seem appealing to them…

…Hopkins (for all her faults) knows this is happening, knows there is a problem and is talking about it while politicians keep their heads in the sand and the public are fearful of discussing it because they dont want to be labelled racist etc.

Her style is distasteful to many i’m sure but the message seems spot on.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I thought you were banging on about immigration before?

angeldust
    Free Member

…Hopkins (for all her faults) knows this is happening, knows there is a problem and is talking about it while politicians keep their heads in the sand and the public are fearful of discussing it because they dont want to be labelled racist etc.

Her style is distasteful to many i’m sure but the message seems spot on.

Nope, she is just doing it to make money. Suckers like you allow her to do that.

akira

I’m not sure what’s worse, the fact that she will say disgusting things just for attention or the fact that some people agree with what she says. Ignoring her seems to be the best option.

jimjam
    Free Member

angeldust – Member

Nope, she is just doing it to make money. Suckers like you allow her to do that.

It seems far more likely that the engine of outrage allows her to do that. People re-tweeting her tweets, writing articles about her articles and starting threads about her.

She’s obviously a provocateur and a bit of a troll but since you get branded a retarded xenophobic racist nazi for even broaching the kind of hot button topics she makes her money from why would she bother with nuance or subtlety.

DezB
    Free Member

@deviant – to continue arguing how much you agree with the woman, you really should read the stuff in my link at top of page 2

deviant
    Free Member

I thought you were banging on about immigration before?

I’m concerned about both, its not a binary thing, a person can have more concerns than just a single issue…some of the people arrested in the latest terrorist attack are immigrants…some of them were born here…the common theme amongst them is a strand of islam that is hateful and violent.

angeldust
    Free Member

@deviant – to continue arguing how much you agree with the woman, you really should read the stuff in my link at top of page 2

Agreed. Bet he doesn’t though.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

and how does that compare to deaths caused by dangerous driving?
    the vast majority of immigrants are peace loving people trying to make a better life, there are more british born white people who need locking up for a vast number of crimes than immigrants.
    Please go back to the top of page 2 and read those links – like the internment camps – sounds Nazi to me
    You don’t have an honest debate using Hopkins techniques, she is there to enrage, scare and sell herself. She doesn’t care about people – her Scottish comments tell you that, she cares that she can be called on to have an opinion. One that deserves no platform.

GrahamS

I said it would be interpreted badly…but only an idiot would think she literally meant marching muslims to the gas chambers…

It wasn’t interpreted badly at all. You make it sound like a misunderstanding. She knew exactly what she was doing. She was deliberately referencing the holocaust to get publicity and give her far-right fans a stiffy.

…or a gingerist.. or a breastist…. or a fattist… or an elitist… or a Scotiaphobe… or anti-feminist…

the message seems spot on.

The one about gunboats firing on refugees (aka “cockroaches”), the one about about breastfeeding women being attention-whores, the one about fat or tattooed people being unemployable, or the one about admiring Ebola for controlling foreign populations?

deviant
    Free Member

and how does that compare to deaths caused by dangerous driving?
    the vast majority of immigrants are peace loving people trying to make a better life, there are more british born white people who need locking up for a vast number of crimes than immigrants.

Wow, where to start…firstly classic whataboutery and deflection by trying to compare terrorism to driving, most deaths by driving are not murder i.e the driver doesnt set out on their way to kill someone…terrorist using bombs, knifes and cars to attack people are setting out to kill people, there is a massive difference…intent.

Yes the majority are peaceful…does that mean we ignore the threat of militant/fanatical islam?

…and yes there are loads of white people in this country who should be locked up, thats not really surprising in a country where 82% of the population identify as White British is it?!

Are you seriously proposing that as a minority group muslims should get a free pass or terrorism shouldnt be investigated because it doesnt concern the majority of muslims?!…you’re sounding like that prat Sadiq Khan who says that living with terrorism is a fact of city life, people like me dont want appeasing statements like that, we want terrorism thoroughly investigated, the perpetrators locked up and strict border controls particularly with regard to the small group of young British muslim men who go off to fight with ISIS and then come back to this country battle hardened and full of hate, harbouring fanatical views, knowledge of bomb making etc…this shouldnt be difficult if the borders are policed properly and the security services are doing their job properly.

Sadly having just come from holiday Gatwick’s security seemed non existent compared to Hurghada (Egypt) whose security and incredibly thorough checks were reassuring and demonstrated how seriously they take terrorism.

angeldust
    Free Member

It seems far more likely that the engine of outrage allows her to do that. People re-tweeting her tweets, writing articles about her articles and starting threads about her.

She’s obviously a provocateur and a bit of a troll but since you get branded a retarded xenophobic racist nazi for even broaching the kind of hot button topics she makes her money from why would she bother with nuance or subtlety.

Not sure what you are getting at? She is the fuel that feeds the ‘engine of outrage’, though of course it does already exist. So, they kind of encourage each other I guess. Not sure what your point is regarding nuance/subtlety?

GrahamS

Sadiq Khan who says that living with terrorism is a fact of city life, people like me dont want appeasing statements like that, we want terrorism thoroughly investigated, the perpetrators locked up

🙄 You’ve been listening to Trump too much!

Do you honestly believe Sadiq Khan was saying we SHOULDN’T investigate terrorism and we SHOULDN’T lock up terrorists???

It’s wasn’t an appeasing statement, mainly because he didn’t say that.

He said “part and parcel of living in a great, global city is you’ve got to be prepared for these things, you’ve got to be vigilant, you’ve got to support the police”

Do you disagree with that? Should we not be prepared? Should we not be vigilant? Should we not support the police?

Sadly having just come from holiday Gatwick’s security seemed non existent

Are you a young Muslim man who is returning battle-hardened from fighting with ISIS?

angeldust
    Free Member

Yes the majority are peaceful…does that mean we ignore the threat of militant/fanatical islam?

Of course not. The key is how you do that. Do you think excluding all Muslims from entering the US is a good solution to this issue? Trump did not try to do that for any reason other than to get the idiot faction to vote for/support him.

You know the American term ‘going postal’? It derives from the fact that several incidences of mass murder were carried out by citizens employed by the US postal service. They choose that job, you know, like some people choose a religion. Should all US postal workers thus be screened or excluded from traveling or immigration since there is clearly statistical evidence that they are more likely to be involved in this sort of crime?

surfer
    Free Member

Its whataboutery and straw men all the way down for you 2 isnt it 😀

No fan of Hopkins by the way.

It derives from the fact that several incidences of mass murder were carried out by citizens employed by the US postal service. They choose that job, you know, like some people choose a religion. Should all US postal workers thus be screened or excluded from traveling or immigration since there is clearly statistical evidence that they are more likely to be involved in this sort of crime?

No because that would be really silly. You can see that its silly cant you?

angeldust
    Free Member

No because that would be really silly. You can see that its silly cant you?

Yes, very silly indeed. Like banning all Muslims from entering the US.

My point is that ‘Muslim’ does not equal ‘terrorist’, any more than ‘Postal worker’ equals ‘mass murderer’. Apologies if that was not obvious. Note to self: Need to remember that some people on here believe what they read in the Daily Mail.

kennyp
    Free Member

If everyone just ignored her she would disappear pretty quickly. She thrives not so much on making controversial statements, but on the angry public reaction to them. A classic example of “all publicity is good publicity”.

Better surely if every utterance she makes was met with total silence?

surfer
    Free Member

Yes, very silly indeed. Like banning all Muslims from entering the US.

My point is that ‘Muslim’ does not equal ‘terrorist’, any more than ‘Postal worker’ equals ‘mass murderer’. Apologies if that was not obvious. Note to self: Need to remember that some people on here believe what they read in the Daily Mail.

But your doing it again. I dont read the Daily Mail or agree that Muslims should be banned from the US. Why do you think it is a good tactic to try to ascribe views to me which arent mine. Do you think this makes your straw men more valid?

angeldust
    Free Member

If everyone just ignored her she would disappear pretty quickly. She thrives not so much on making controversial statements, but on the angry public reaction to them. A classic example of “all publicity is good publicity”.

Better surely if every utterance she makes was met with total silence?

Agreed. I’m disappointed with myself for posting so much on this thread.

angeldust
    Free Member

Why do you think it is a good tactic to try to ascribe views to me which arent mine

I’m not. None of those comments were aimed directly at you, you raving narcissist :wink:.

poah
    Free Member

I hope she has applied for her CRB check…

only need a PVG (Scotland) check if you are in a room alone with the children. I’ve spoken many times at school and don’t have a PVG certificate

surfer
    Free Member

I’m not. None of those comments were aimed directly at you, you raving narcissist :wink:.

But you copied and pasted my comments to make that point. If its just a general point you are making then fine. Looks like another straw man to me, unless you want to aim your comments at someone on this thread specifically?

kimbers

Sadiq Khan who says that living with terrorism is a fact of city life, people like me dont want appeasing statements like that, we want terrorism thoroughly investigated, the perpetrators locked up

thats a proper twisting of what was actually said there

Plopkins would be proud!

this whole thing is a publicity stunut by a professional troll who appeals to a minority of bigots & the perpetually outraged, we should defo ignore her.

nickc

I said it would be interpreted badly…but only an idiot would think she literally meant marching muslims to the gas chambers…the rest of knew she was on about getting tough on fanatical islam and immigration.

It’s an interesting one, for all her very obvious odious qualities, being ill-educated isn’t one of them. She knew very well what the reaction to her use of the expression “Final Solution” would be, and it was used so she could specifically claim that it’s not what she meant, and that “normal, everyday” people would understand.

That she professes to hate those very same normal everyday people for being idiots with pedestrian dull lives with tedious children and a bad attitude to work, is besides the point.

angeldust
    Free Member

But you copied and pasted my comments to make that point. If its just a general point you are making then fine. Looks like another straw man to me, unless you want to aim your comments at someone on this thread specifically?

Yes, because you commented on them, and it was not clear that you understood the point. So I clarified it, in case anyone else was confused. The comments are quite clearly aimed at deviant, and anyone who agrees with/takes seriously Hopkin’s (!spit!) ‘comments’.

nealglover
    Free Member

Re. the final solution comment, i understand how people interpreted that but i read it the day after the terrorist attack and thought it was simply a message to get tough on islamist terrorism and shore up the immigration system

Christ on a bike, I’ve heard some weak arguments from apologists before, but that really is the **** weakest.

BoardinBob

Deviant taking up the Ninfan role while he’s on sabbatical

chestercopperpot
    Free Member

Could go a bit like this, although I doubt there will be intentional Q&A.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cgt_kJQdjes[/video]

bigblackshed

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 165 total)

The topic ‘Katie Hopkins talking at your kids school – good, bad, meh?’ is closed to new replies.