Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 86 total)
  • Kanye @ Glastonbury =
  • Notter
    Free Member

disgraceful……(imo obviously)

Alpha1653

Best bit of the TV coverage of Kanye West was the silence between that terrible Radio 1 DJ with green hair and him appearing on stage. Closely followed by the random punter crashing the stage. The TV then got turned off.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Back in my day….

Rorschach
    Free Member

I love auto tune me.
    At least it’s only a 14 hour set.

sharkbait
    Free Member

Utter tosh.

Usually love watching Glasto but been fairly underwhelmed so far.

edit: Jesus Walks = much better.

isto
    Free Member

Ha ha that my night that did….well that and the amount of **** ups Kanye is doing. Jesus take him out for a walk for **** sake.

chrisdiesel
    Free Member

If this is his attempt at beating jay z glasto set he’s sadly mistaken.
    I’m sure he doesn’t give 2 ***** huge set fee and just him and one pal on stage…

slowoldman

I can’t understand all this bitchin’. He’s the number one artist in the world according to – er – well him actually.

ninfan
    Free Member

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qNP9Zner70[/video]

chestercopperpot
    Free Member

He didn’t get piss bottled?

burnsybhoy
    Free Member

Has he just left.

Pook

what a tit

burnsybhoy
    Free Member

Is he going to bungee jump into the crowd?

ninfan
    Free Member

I hope Noel Edmonds is driving the crane!

fluided
    Free Member

Hopefully without a bungee

My word saturday night at Glastonbury isn’t great last night seemed better you can’t beat the super furries.

OmarLittle
    Free Member

Thought the first half hour or so was great, it then went a bit shit, now its starting to get good again.

Speeder

What I don’t get is that Pharrell who is probably the world’s no 1 artist was on during the day and this muppet gets a headline.

Still the crowd seem to know some of the words so someone must listen to this sh**.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Clearly the crowd hate him. They’re hardly making a sound.

Notter
    Free Member

What the actual sh*t, bohemian rhapsody intro??!!!! He really cannot sing can he, I would rather Confused.com Brian, genuinely….

chambord
    Free Member

H8ers gonna h8

Crowd seem to be enjoying it. Wish I was there.

samcamsdad

Kanye @ Glastonbury = dropping a massive bollock!!

seosamh77
    Free Member

There’s other choices here people. Who cares, there’s space for all music, you don’t need to listen.

Personally I’m loving The Mothership Returns – George Clinton, Parliament Funkadelic & The Family Stone right now, funking the shit out the place! 🙂

http://www.bbc.co.uk/events/e84mxj/live/c66dgw

The auld dudes are dishing up a masterclass!

hopeychondriact
    Free Member

I completely agree, when I switched on the box to find him voicing the lyric douchebag in an r2d2 like voice, that’s when i revoked my bbc license and asked for a refund.

bigG
    Free Member

I switched it off after fifteen mins, found Deadmou5 on BBC3, loved it and now looking forward to Chemical Brothers tonight, plus whatever else I hear on the Radio during the day.

TheFopster
    Free Member

I thought it was utterly compelling viewing. Still can’t decide whether is was actually any good, but glad I bothered to watch it. Fascinating. He is clearly batshit mental, and that didn’t do George Clinton any harm (he was similarly worth watching and undoubtedly good.)

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I thought it was utterly compelling viewing. Still can’t decide whether is was actually any good, but glad I bothered to watch it.

Yeah, same here…it was all a bit mad wasn’t it? Which isn’t necessarily a bad thing. My fb and twitter feed was full of people whinging about it…don’t really get it. There are seventy three different streams of stages live on the web and a mere press of the red button gets a choice of other stuff, plus the Beeb3 and Beeb4 programmes.

The crowd seemed to like it, although I’m hearing this morning of a mass exodus from the Pyramid arena halfway through which would probably coincide with the autotune/vocoder stuff, which tbf, was a bit shit. Why the bloody hell does Justin Vernon need to sing through one of those things anyway??

the-muffin-man

I thought it was utterly compelling viewing. Still can’t decide whether is was actually any good, but glad I bothered to watch it. Fascinating.

+ another 1 to this.

I just had to keep watching. Just him and those lights were strangely hypnotic.

I had no trouble turning off Florence on Friday though.

Best act I’ve seen so far were Slaves yesterday.

torsoinalake
    Free Member

Not sure that really worked as a headline act. Couldn’t quite back up his egomania with show to match.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

BBC subtitles where fantastic…. 😆

mos

I don’t think rap comes across well when it’s performed live anyway. I’ve seen quite a few in person and on the telly and even the really good ones were pretty hard to listen to.

cloudnine
    Free Member

Watched one song.. Can you call it singing?
    Out of tune, strutting shite.
    Makes you wonder how some people get so far in the music biz

enfht
    Free Member

Fish Sticks!

slowoldman

Pharrell who is probably the world’s no 1 artist

No no no. That’s Kanye. He said so. I quite liked Lemmy’s summation.

redsox
    Free Member

not totally alone

doris5000

thought the first half hour was genuinely AMAZING.

I really wanted to love it but he pretty much lost me by the end (although the crane bit was great)

thought he missed some big open goals, and parts of it were too noodly and self indulgent without really working.

am bemused by the amount of people who appear to have watched the whole thing, bitching and moaning throughout like they were chained to their telly.

on which note i think it’ll hold up better than some headline performances; not many get a divisive reaction like that. People will still be arguing about whether this was shit or not for years to come. does anyone remember that time Travis headlined? or mumford and sons? or the stereophonics? Or coldplay? No. Four bands that cannot be accused of being massive ego driven gits, and all as interesting as dishwater. Give me Kanye making an arse out of himself and forgetting the words to a shit cover of bohemian rhapsody any day. 🙂

edlong
    Free Member

So, Kanye’s a bit marmite? I’ve not heard many say that his set was okay, quite alright – most seem to have either loved it or hated it. That sounds like a job well done. And lets be honest a lot of people had made their minds up they weren’t gonna like it long before he walked on stage. That he didn’t give a flip for the haters and made no efforts to engage with the “floating voters” was absolutely right, imo. If you were the sort of person that would enjoy a headline set from Kanye then I don;t think you’d have been disappointed, and if you were the sort of person that would send Emily Eavis death threats on twitter for having booked him, then I hope you really hated every second and it ruined your weekend.

On another note, disappointed (on the telly coverage, I know sometimes you get a skewed impression and it might be different in the room field) with one act I expected to enjoy – imho Lemmy and the boys are now utterly past it – Motorhead looked and sounded very old, and very tired.

maccruiskeen

I liked the lights. But musical tastes aside the delivery was odd it just seemed like rather than playing to the crowd he was just making them look at him. It was like looking through the window while he made pop video rather than a performance from a stage to an audience

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

I can listen to his over produced tunes on the radio, and enjoy it, though I wouldn’t buy anything. The problem is that his voice doesn’t work on stage, he can’t sing live and that was a let down.
    Some of the reporting from Glasto this morning came from the audience who also felt disappointed. He expected the audience to sing along, but they didn’t know the words, he kept disappearing from the stage for one reason or another etc.

The final nail for him came at the end with the greatest living rock star comment.
    In which world does the guy live?

Speeder

it was like looking into his ego for a whole hour. I’ll leave no further comment on it but I have yet to hear anyone praise it for anything other than it’s spectacle and to my mind that’s damning with faint praise.

There have been controversial acts booked in that slot before but both JayZ and Beyonce absolutely killed it with really involving sets of actual hits, filled with humour and inclusiveness.

Kan*e – whatever. I’m sure he’s happy, he’ll have got his fee and will have created a Twitterstorm. Job done I’m sure.

DezB
    Free Member

Bloody hell, there’s some right old grandad comments on here ‘call that singing?’ ‘Call that music?’
    You really don’t realise that sort of bollocks has been said since jeez, probably before Bill Haley…
    I love Kanye West albums, but watching a festival performance on TV and then commenting how crap it is, sad. Really pathetic.
    The crowd were going mental from the short amount I watched.

Sorry DD if its the old Dezb cliches being spouted but hey, er **** off 😀

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 86 total)

The topic ‘Kanye @ Glastonbury =’ is closed to new replies.