Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Just when you think religion cant get crazier….
  • xcgb
    Free Member

I give you the Church of almighty God

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-china-28641008

Jesus wept (probably)

CountZero

No worse than many of the extreme sects elsewhere in the world, particularly America.

chip
    Free Member

The saddest part of that story is the fact that rather than wade in to help , customers instead pulled out their mobile phones to film it.

jon1973
    Free Member

Disgusting. Bloody McDonald’s everywhere now.

molgrips
    Free Member

Yeah.. religions, all the same innit.

caffeineoldbean
    Free Member

“But its core belief is that God has returned to earth as a Chinese woman to wreak the apocalypse.”
    How does this crap sink in? Sounds like a Manga novel that was lost in translation.

JEngledow
    Free Member

The saddest part of that story is the fact that rather than wade in to help , customers instead pulled out their mobile phones to film it.

To be fair there were 6 people attacking the victim and they were ‘screaming at other diners to keep away or they would face the same fate’. It must have been terrifying and although I’d like to think I’d have done something, even as a 6’5″ male I don’t fancy my chances against 6 loonies who are hell-bent on killing ‘demons’!

slowoldman

Well con men seem to do quite well at convincing seemingly intelligent people of their sincerity so I’m sure somoeone possessing similar skills can persuade “some people” to follow a cult however barking it may sound to others.

As for killing in the name of religion… That doesn’t happen surely? 🙄

ISIS will sort em out.

BigDummy
    Free Member

I imagine that being religious in a country where that has been largely illegal does make them odder.

irc

No worse than many of the extreme sects elsewhere in the world, particularly America.

Really? How many people have American Christians beaten to death? I think the middle east is the go to place for religious killings these days.

chip
    Free Member

To be fair there were 6 people attacking the victim and they were ‘screaming at other diners to keep away or they would face the same fate’. It must have been terrifying and although I’d like to think I’d have done something, even as a 6’5″ male I don’t fancy my chances against 6 loonies who are hell-bent on killing ‘demons’!

But would you once realising that you could not help the person being beaten to death , then proceed to video it on your mobile phone.

molgrips
    Free Member

even as a 6’5″ male I don’t fancy my chances against 6 loonies who are hell-bent on killing ‘demons’!

I’m not sure I could’ve stopped myself tbh, if they weren’t armed.

How many people have American Christians beaten to death?

Loads, over the years, I’m sure.

grenosteve
    Free Member

daveatextremistsdotcouk – Member

ISIS will sort em out.

Are the old bottom bracket standards rebelling? Danm you hollowtech!

MrWoppit
    Free Member

“But its core belief is that God has returned to earth as a Chinese woman to wreak the apocalypse became his own son so that he could be tortured to death to absolve us of sins which he gave us all in the first place.”
    How does this crap sink in?

Search me, guv.

JEngledow
    Free Member

But would you once realising that you could not help the person being beaten to death , then proceed to video it on your mobile phone.

I’d like to think that they were videoing it so they can give to the police for evidence!

I’m not sure I could’ve stopped myself tbh, if they weren’t armed.

I think this comes down to how individuals deal with the fight or flight reflex, I can’t honestly say what I’d do (although I’d like to think I’d do something).

rickmeister

We have the Order Of Fiat Lx just down the road (no, its not a car). They have two houses here in the Black Forest…. all dress in white, drive white cars, afraid of Bar Codes….. Angels foil plans to use weapons to divert meteorites using magnetic power rays…. the list goes on…

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uriella

jaffejoffer
    Free Member

had a new bloke near me in the office for a few weeks, he seemed like a nice normal fella, footy fan, likes a beer, has a laugh n’that but earlier this week i innocently passed him a girls birhday card that was doing the rounds. he looked at it then fisbee’d back at me! i said come on mate you only have to sign it, were not putting money on or owt. he told me he is a Jehovah’s witness and ‘celebrating birthdays is a mortal pagan sin!’

he wouldnt come the pub for her birthday drinks either, or eat any of the cakes she brought in. he has two young kids who dont get birthday presents or parties either, theyre not even allowed to attend their mates parties!.. i havent dared mention christmas yet….

freak

ive also just learnt a wicked new excuse for not sending birthday cards!!

crankboy
    Free Member

If I saw a serious crime being committed that I could not stop I would film it on my phone. That would provide potentially vital evidence to secure the conviction of the perpetrators it may even cause them to stop.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Just when you think religion cant get crazier….’ is closed to new replies.