Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • just started watching motoGP
  • rOcKeTdOg

seen 7 laps, where’s all the fabled overtaking then?, there’s more in F1!

Pigface
    Free Member

125 and 250 were great races, Go Beaker.

rOcKeTdOg

and they have traction control??? isn’t that cheating? even F1 doesn’t have that

15 laps, one overtake and one crash *yawns*

tails
    Free Member

its just better, i wouldn’t class myself as a fan of either, but moto gp is just more exciting. Also the racers have character unlike kimi for example

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Unfortunately the move from the 990s to the 800s seem to have reduced the dices that there was – this year is looking a bit dull

rOcKeTdOg

you have to like rossi taking a pee on the course though 🙂

epicyclo

It hasn’t been really exciting since the days of Doohan, Gardner, Schwantz, Rainey, and Lawson and the flexy flyer bikes.

But there’s never been a rider as brilliant as Rossi before – he makes it look so easy. Gary McCoy was the last of the sideways merchants.

Probably needs more Australians in it to liven it up 🙂

smogmonster

The guys in chrge, Dorna have taken away all the excitement by constant fiddling with the rules. If you want lots of overtaking, you need to watch World Superbikes, which are much more entertaining.

pantsonfire
    Free Member

You want exciting try and catch the British Superbikes awesome more fun in one race than an entire season of MotoGp

gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

It hasn’t been really exciting since the days of Doohan, Gardner, Schwantz, Rainey, and Lawson and the flexy flyer bikes.

yes good years, but then went onto the doohan domination years, until he broke his leg again and retired, where the race was for 2nd.

however i beg to differ that it has’nt been good since. rossi swapping to yam and winning was a good year, and last year with rossi coming back to win again, imho, was one of the best seasons i’ve seen. after seeing today’s race, which agreed was’nt a classic lap for lap scrap, still resulted with the 3rd different winners in 3 races. i think its going to be a good season.

r6ymy
    Free Member

I’m a dyed in the wool bike racing fan, but I agree Moto GP is a bit dull this year.
    WSB on the other hand is shaping up to be an excellent season, new riders, new manufacturers, close racing.
    But if it’s overtaking action you want you have to watch the World Supersport races, big field, closely matched machines, you frequently have riders five abreast heading into a corner, and the lead can change several times on one lap.

richcc
    Free Member

First three races this season have all been a bit dull. Don’t think the control gyres are helping – that used to add unpredictability. Last years Laguna Seca was a great race – Rossi schooled Stoner

RudeBoy
    Free Member

I thought it was quite good. Rossi is something else, though. What a nutter. Can’t help but like the bloke; great attitude, and a great sense of humour.

“On 13 April 2009, BBC Moto GP presenter Matt Roberts interviewed reigning champion Valentino Rossi over a game of table football. “I told Rossi beforehand that I was playing with my dream strike force of Gerrard, Gascoigne and Andy Booth. “He picked up on this and in the interview said that after Ibrahimovi?, Andy Booth is the number two striker in the world.””

LOL!

Really good to see Suzi back, after such a painful and tragic time for her. That’s pretty brave, in my book, to come back so soon, after such an awful thing, and be professional and chirpy. Poor lass. She deserves maximum respect.

martinxyz
    Free Member

Reading about stoner and how he`s probably the only guy that can ride that bike adds to the thrill when you see rossi coming back at him. after reading that stoner was taking seconds out of them all each lap a few weeks ago with all the riders saying things like “we just cant touch that bike,its a diffrent league”.. and to watch sundays race to prove its not just the bike.. just makes it really good to watch.ok, he did talk of the tyres going off or being the wrong choice, maybe they will get it right next time :O)

knowing a lot more about the ins and outs of the bikes,the riders etc would make us realize what all is happening. i dont really know a thing about it but to know stoner would have gone into the race knowing how good his bike is,then seeing timeboards later on in the race showing him that rossi is 10 seconds,9 secs,5 secs,1 sec, behind him,lol.. must have been a rite ring twitching experience without the mirrors to prove it!

uplink
    Free Member

It’s not been too good so far this year in the big class
    The other 2 classes have been good though – apart from having a 3 lap race in Qatar – what’s that about?

World Superbike & Supersport are my pick this year – great racing so far

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘just started watching motoGP’ is closed to new replies.