Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Just reported some fly tipping
  • zbonty

I’m on a train that passes behind a field, the other side of which is the A4.

White van, two blokes +child offloading horse feed white goods from the back of a white van. The barstewards!!

mrchrispy

boils my pish that does.
    some people are just a waste of organic matter.
    good on you

Rorschach
    Free Member

Happens a lot on the moors by us.Which is weird as there are two municipal recycling centres within 5 miles 😕
    I’ve come across people dumping (and riding mx bikes/4wd’s) and have just stopped and taken photo’s (or pretended to with my puncture repair kit if I did’nt have my phone!) and hung around until they have either cleaned up/driven off and/or threatened me (which is fine because I’m 6’3″ and usually look quite psychotic on my good days).
    Little point in actually informing the council as they seem pretty disinterested.

jambourgie
    Free Member

Happens a lot on the moors by us.Which is weird as there are two municipal recycling centres within 5 miles

Similar situation near me. Think they try and take it to the dump, get told they’re not allowed for various reasons and just dump it in the woods round the corner. I guess it’ll end up in recycling centre one way or another.

project
    Free Member

i drive a van so asked the waste authority for a free permit, arrived a few days later, go to recycling centre and half the time just get waved through to recycle stuff, no need to fly tip by anyone, and a neighbour used to work on the railways every month they had clear a stretch of line of settees and fridges old bikes etc just thrown over fence from houses so one night they just threw them back then fixed a higher fence above the existing fence for a short distance, next day the railway mangement had a load of phone calls about their staff dumping railway rubbish in their rear gardens.The mangement politely pointed out trains dont have settes or fridges fitted.

deepreddave
    Free Member

Rorschach – Member
    I’ve come across people dumping… and have just stopped and taken photo’s

*snigger*

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

from the other end, I took a small chest freezer to the tip and was told it was classed as commercial waste. Despite having a domestic waste badge in my car and explaining to them it’s history, they wouldn’t budge. His parting comment was “and this is why so many end up on the roadside”.

andyl
    Free Member

Little point in actually informing the council as they seem pretty disinterested.

The EA don’t seem to be either.

Reported a large demolition company to them for repeated dumping and their efforts have been pitiful.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Just reported some fly tipping’ is closed to new replies.