• This topic has 28 replies, 25 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by DrP.
Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Just in from night ride..shower now, or just in the morning…?
  • DrP

I HAVE to have a shower when I wake up. This is a given – it wakes me up, and I won’t skimp on it!
    Seeing as it’s now 2300, and I’ll be up again in about 7 hours, I can’t be bothered to shower now and then again in the morning…
    Wife is asleep, so she won’t (immediately) mind the slight smell issue…
    I’m not muddy, but I’m not ‘fresh’ either…

It’s dilemmas like this I look down at my WWSTWD bangle….

DrP

scotroutes

Shower.
    Knock one off.
    Sleep will follow.

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

Obviously, firstly you update the laundry diary. After that, well nothings that important is it?

khani
    Free Member

Minger…

sharkattack

Could have rinsed off the grime in the time it took to post this thread

cfinnimore
    Free Member

Morning.

American Beauty style shower-guilt-dangerwnk

Done.

Bregante

Minger…

I concur

I_Ache
    Free Member

Shower, you really don’t want to get jock rot!

I used to go to bed after just washing the mud off, now I shower after every ride.

Junkyard
    Free Member

shower and sod it in the morning or both if you must but bed without a shower after a ride is unthinkable

could a nurse not give you a bed bath or does that only happen in movies 😉

glupton1976
    Free Member

Keep cycling kit on – go and lie on top of bed – conk out till morning – wake up and wonder where the hell you are – get showered and changed and go to work.

cfinnimore
    Free Member

Emm, go to bed, get up & cycle again, shower at work, ride on lunch, do a bit of work, ride home, have tea, ride again, go to sleep, have a shower, ride to work, ride on lunch, do a bit of work, ride home, have a shower, night ride, go to sleep, shower, go to work.

WHO CARES….SUMMER’S HERE!

Edit: Have some pasta.

yunki
    Free Member

Can’t you just wait til the Sunday and have a bath then, like a real bloke..?

Kryton57

Lightly scented baby wipes are your friend.

bruneep

Dr in poor hygiene shocka.

Nae wonder infection rates are up 🙄

😉

Kryton57

*imagined Dr P appearing on Embarrasing bodies*

chief9000
    Free Member

You should be utterly ashamed of yourself. No excuse for poor personal hygiene. Jumping sweaty and unwashed into a clean bed is disgusting, it also shows a lack of respect for your partner because:

I can’t be bothered to shower now and then again in the morning…

Get a grip and start to take personal hygiene more seriously. I dread to think what your house looks like. I bet you pee on the floor and just leave it. Yuk.

Take this as a good telling off, your mother would be proper ashamed.

samuri
    Free Member

Jesus. The muddy sweat from your body will get wiped all over the bed, it’ll stink! Biking sweat smells different to sex sweat too.

Edric64
    Free Member

Go to work muddy if you have a dirty job ,the sheets will rub any mud off shower in the evening when you come home

Dickyboy

the earth won’t stop on its axis if you don’t shower after a wee bit of exercise ffs

stumpy01

Not sure I’d bother, myself…

globalti
    Free Member

Sweaty skin is sticky with salt, which attracts moisture and makes you stay damp. Then it rubs off onto the sheets, which slowly go yellow.

Have a shower.

abbot
    Free Member

@dickyboy. Actually it will, albeit only momentarily. That’s why we have to have leap years, to keep everything in check due to people skimping on washing.

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

Take your bib shorts off and wave them under the wifes nose….Now who’d do that Dr? 🙂

DezB
    Free Member

Talc the crotch. Job’s a goodun.

grum
    Free Member

I did this once and I had muddy legs too.

Won’t be doing it again. 😳

DrP

As you can smell (see what I did there) I just jumped straight into bed… Yeah, it’s a bit minging, but don’t worry, I’ll bring forward the bi-annual bedding wash by a few weeks….

Regardless, shower this am was lovely as usual, the sun’s out, so all’s well with the world!

DrP

dingabell
    Free Member

That’s gross. How would you like it if a slightly glowing young lady jumped into your bed after a vigorous workout at the gym? Oh….hang on.

seosamh77
    Free Member

Both.

DrP

Take your bib shorts off and wave them under the wifes nose….Now who’d do that Dr?

…Has flashbacks of a slightly disturbing tent episode in the middle of a Hampshire field….eugh…

DrP

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘Just in from night ride..shower now, or just in the morning…?’ is closed to new replies.