Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Just done gone and got myself a job
  • trailmonkey

For the first time since 2001 my status is about to change from self employed to employed. Got fed up with scraping a meagre living as a cycle instructor and decided to branch out into the world of paid holidays, sick pay and regular monthly income earned in a nice warm office in a newly created role. Off for some grub and a few tinctures to celebrate tonight 😀

sofatester
    Free Member

world of paid holidays, sick pay and regular monthly income earned in a nice warm office in a newly created role

Local authority post?

trailmonkey

lol, no private sector but when you've been self employed for so long, every normal job looks like a cushy council number 😀

sofatester
    Free Member

Go on then, spill the beans. What does is this "newly created role" entail? Something bike related i hope!

trailmonkey

No, had enough of mixing business with pleasure. I have to find a way of bridging two different ordering proceedures in order to keep customers happy and orders processed on time at a company that is like CRC for all your hifi/ hi tech/ musical cable needs. The company still haven't figured a way to do it yet but I somehow managed to convince them at interview that I was the man to come in and sort it out for them 😯

glenh
    Free Member

Does the cable need to be ordered/delivered in a particular direction?

crashtestdougie
    Free Member

Well done monkey features – don't forget to replicate the food/drink celebration asap with the rest of us in the area!

trailmonkey

8)

julianwilson
    Free Member

wow, you could become the new Andy@CRC of the hifi forum world…

all the best with it. 🙂

saladdodger
    Free Member

Good on ya TM as for me I started a new job yesterday on the cards which was a bit of a relief after 5 weeks on the rock and roll

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

What about the kids who want to learn how to ride a bike properly ? 🙁

lordmerchant09
    Free Member

Just recently left my job as a bikeability cycling instructor, took on a crappy little job at a supermarket while I am studying, and am very happy with the whole situation!

Offroading
    Free Member

Just gone the opposite way myself, started a new business in partnership with a friend! Hope it goes well. Got tired of the routine and boring life of office jobs.

tim41
    Free Member

Well done TM.
    But how did you manage to blag that one? 😯 😉

jam-bo

jobs are overrated.

pitduck
    Free Member

yea!! 😀

scraprider
    Free Member

good luck mate , i binned self emploment 5 years ago, sometines wonder if i did the right thing, then i roll over and ring in sick , lol

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Just done gone and got myself a job’ is closed to new replies.