Viewing 36 posts - 41 through 76 (of 76 total)
  • Just bought the ugliest car ever!
  • hairybiker84
    Free Member

And another!

hora
    Free Member

I was going to say ‘wrong houns’ however I googled the latest Z4 and I WTF.

The 2012 Z4 is stunning. The 2014 Z4 is **** stupid.

Are they idiots at BMW?

retro83
    Free Member

hora – Member

I was going to say ‘wrong houns’ however I googled the latest Z4 and I WTF.

The 2012 Z4 is stunning. The 2014 Z4 is **** stupid.

Are they idiots at BMW?

I assume you mean the ’08 not the ’12?

sangobegger
    Free Member

Good to see that Doblo fans are out there. The wife has even agreed that a trip to the Alps this summer is on the cards because the car is so “multipurpose”. So yeah, thanks Fiat, you have made my year.
    Now where to book?

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

08 Z4 looks worse than 12 version IMHO

Try this VW prototype

mogrim

Whereas No American has ever successfully ‘styled’ a car. Ever! And they should be banned from exporting them so the rest of the world is spared their apalling taste. And Harley Davidsons too, while we’re at it. Which are the ugliest, and also the stupidest motorised vehicle ever built!

There are plenty of cool American cars, for example:

You’re not wrong about the Harleys though.

AlexSimon

WorldClassAccident – Ahhhh – Luigi Colani

Also designed this beauty

maccruiskeen

Luigi Colani

Also designed this beauty

well…. at least he’s consistent.

RustySpanner

sangobegger – Member

Good to see that Doblo fans are out there.

It’s the most useful car I’ve ever had – they’re even fun to drive in a perverse kind of way. 😀

Only things that annoy me are the brakes, which are powerful enough, but the servo is a little weak and there’s not much feel at the pedal.
    We’ve a Punto too, which is massively over servo’d – switching between the two can be interesting ’till you recalibrate. 🙂

And keep an eye on the speaker covers on the rear shelf – mine had the front retaining lugs broken off when we bought it – easy to break them if you’re a clumsy oaf when removing the rear parcel shelf.

Apart from that it’s all been pretty good.

Love the thing and would definitely have another.

hora
    Free Member

I was looking for a doblo.

My criteria was space/carry/tip vehicle and something that could take me to London and back twice a month comfortably.

I needed all in one as I was sick of hiring a van and/or car for long distance.

Couldn’t find a doblo but one moment I had a hunch on a particular car 250 miles away.

A Xsara Picasso.

julians
    Free Member

I have a BMW 1 series coming in March, surely that must be in the top 10 of currently produced ugly cars.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Ahahahahahaha! Ahahahahahahaha!

Oh, they’re serious? Oh dear….

RustySpanner

Hora, we looked at those too – they look very useful indeed and crazy vfm.
    The insides of them all seem to be covered with UmBongo and have random bits of LEGO stuffed into every crevice though. 😀

What swung it for me was the fact we have a really good local FIAT dealer.
    How’s yours been?

sangobegger
    Free Member

Speaker covers, one of them just came away in me hands. Must be something to do with the UmBongo no longer sticking it together. Soon fix it though, and at least I didn’t knock it off with me bike in the first week, or her indoors would be moaning (again)

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

Fiat. From the sublime to the ridiculous.

samuri
    Free Member

Please tell me this got into production and where can I buy one?

hora
    Free Member

Apart from giving it a main dealer service and new disc/pads (I factored this in when I decided to buy as both were noted as needed).

All thats been needed in 3,000miles has been a squeek (known Picasso problem) and a gasket seal- both replaced by STW’s chrisdiesel at £65. He says they are well screwed-together/a good car.

I took it to Brighton and back recently – 600miles and it averaged 42mpg.

When I returned I said to mrshora ‘I’m scared that its growing on me’ (she wants rid of it ASAP) as I only promised her it’d be a short-term car 😆 so I’m looking for a newshape (or late ST old) Mondeo/estate

AlexSimon

Samuri – I agree it’s got a certain something
    I was a Luigi Colani fan back in the very early nineties.

I don’t think you’ll ever find one though. I’m not even sure that was a working car.

The interior was waaay ahead of it’s time though (1977):

AlexSimon

This is what he did to a Ford Ka:

Rusty-Shackleford
    Free Member

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I have just been perusing some of Herr Colani’s work via the interwebz, and I have reached the conclusion that he is madder than a sack full of angry badgers.

AlexSimon

He’s not the only one – this is Guigaro from 1982:

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

I can’t compete on the car front… nonetheless, I would like to note

‘Argh, my eyes’

CountZero

I’d rather have a world full of cars like than than all the nearly -identical things we have at the moment

Eh? There’s far more variety in car design now than there has been for years!

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

Binners, mogrim, cock off the pair of you. Can you guess what motorcycle I own? 😳

richmtb

Genuine Conversation at the Mini Factory

Engineer: The new mini is great but we are selling them too quickly we need to slow down sales

Designer: Okay I’ll just make an ugly one and no one will buy it.

Engineer: Nope not working people are still buying them

Designer: Okay try this:

Engineer: My GOD! That’s hideous but people are still buying it.

Designer: Right got it this time…

Engineer: Nope just not ugly enough, try again

Designer: NAILED IT!

😀 😀

ratcatcher

Surely an AMC Pacer is way up there… wishes I Knew how to upload an image 🙂

AlexSimon

ratcatcher – Member

Surely an AMC Pacer is way up there… wishes I Knew how to upload an image
    This is the french advert for it according to wikipedia:

oldgit
    Free Member

Thing with the Multipla, it looks odd just sat there. Though load it with blokes and a few bikes it sort of comes to life?

sangobegger
    Free Member

I think I must be a bit weird then. The motorcycle I have is a GSXF 750 FW in bright yellow and black (the 600 colours). Picked this for the same reason I picked the car. Cheap to service, comfy, underrated and no-one wants them.
    Thing is though, it will still do 150 (allegedly), is lighter than some behemoth BMW and takes two in comfort (relatively) to France and back.

jonnyboi

Our doblo rocks, bought an old 7 seater 1.3 diesel as a second car 4 years ago when sprog number three came along….it’s racked up 80k since then with no problems and averaged 60mpg. Plus you can fit almost anything in it.

RustySpanner

sangobegger – Member

Speaker covers, one of them just came away in me hands. Must be something to do with the UmBongo no longer sticking it together. Soon fix it though, and at least I didn’t knock it off with me bike in the first week, or her indoors would be moaning (again)

Did you manage to fix it?
    Just used BluTac on ours – works a treat.

sangobegger
    Free Member

Did you manage to fix it?
    Just used BluTac on ours – works a treat.

Nope, its hanging there waiting for me to be bothered to do something about it.
    Blutack you say eh!!!

IA

This thread needs more scorpio, bad coming and going:

wingnuts

That Pacer poster is up there with the tennis player in my book. How did it escape my youth?

Anyway how about a Citroen Ami from the seventies? Wish I could post pictures.

khani
    Free Member

I quite like it..

Viewing 36 posts - 41 through 76 (of 76 total)

The topic ‘Just bought the ugliest car ever!’ is closed to new replies.