Viewing 32 posts - 361 through 392 (of 392 total)
  • Joydens Woods
  • chief31
    Free Member

I’ve just received my new secondhand marwi nightpro extreme evo so
    I’m itching to scare some wildlife with it. I don’t think I can make Thursday
    as the wife has told me she’s out. Think I forgot. Anyway she’s the gaffer
    so that’s that. If anyone is out in joydens anyother times even early morning
    I might be able to make it.
    Many thanx to any helping out a nooby night beast.

cchris2lou

might be able to do another night next week , will keep you posted .

chief31
    Free Member

Ok looks like I might be riding on my own now. If anyone doesn’t mind a semi fit rider with a decent bike and an hid light please let me know.

Free Member

I may be about again later this week. but the weather not looking to good.

cchris2lou

thursday forecast looks ok .

chief31
    Free Member

I can do weds but not thurs. maybe it’s not gonna happen for me this week.

cchris2lou

cant do weds this week i am afraid . i ll be out on thursday , probably out from joysden and maybe ride to lullingstone from farningham .

chief31
    Free Member

Maybe I will be able to come next week.

Free Member

I hope I will be able to ride this Thursday night and we could meet t JW and head to lullingstone but this does include a few road miles and when you get to Lullingstone there is some climbing in there.

gravesendgrunt
    Free Member

Hello guys,we won’t be joining you this week.Have a good one.

cchris2lou

@ Lee : thanks , see you another time .

I have worked out a route( mainly off road ) , from JW to lullingstone .

if no rain , we can give it a go , but if wet , we might as well stay in the woods .

mrquick
    Free Member

Sounds good to me maybe we should meet up as normal at gc and discuss the weather before making a final decision can we start early as it might rain later

cchris2lou

Should be there earlier tonight , probably around 630 .

cchris2lou

well , my planned route was crap . gave it a go on friday , but not worth it . need a rethink .

mrquick
    Free Member

Chris check this out on google earth from denehole in joydens go across fields under A20 to cookham rd bourn wood (loooks interesting?) Over railway to kiln woods through Crockenhill across the fields there are two bridges under M25 then on to lullingstone and back home though Farningham

cchris2lou

the fp from crockenhill to lullingstone are actually half tarmac road . it goes through 2 or 3 farms , including eagle heigh .

it is not fun at all , and i think there might be a few dogs at night .

rode it on friday and got funny looks .

Free Member

I think you should have a go at a lap of JW/ Dartford Heath as it is easy to join up and you can do a fair few miles. In JW there is a very big tree down on the path near the power grid site blocking the path again.

gravesendgrunt
    Free Member

Hello guys.This is a handy little tool( with access to latest OS maps) for having an explore. http://wtp2.appspot.com/wheresthepath.htm

cchris2lou

cheers lee , very useful link .

@ Keith , on thursday , John and I were riding down the singletrack by the golf course when we had to dismount as a tree was blocking the way . John was puzzled as there was no tree there when he went up the path a few minutes before .

gravesendgrunt
    Free Member

Sounds like you had a close one there! OS+OSMcycle is a good map setting on ‘wheres the path’.

mrquick
    Free Member

Nice link Lee THANKS. It as shown some interesting paths that may link joydons toLulingstone I will compare notes with Keith and Chris.The fallen tree was food for thought must have missed us by minute or two .Hope to see you Thu Keith.

cchris2lou

i ll be out tomorrow night , same time as normal .

mrquick
    Free Member

I’ll be there

gravesendgrunt
    Free Member

Great riding again tonight guys – thanks.

mrquick
    Free Member

We will need to start calling the gate at the end of long fence the grunt gate in order to avoid any further confusion between Chris and Keith.I will not be riding on Thur so hope to see you the following week

Free Member

Is any one riding this week any night.

cchris2lou

might do friday night .

mrquick
    Free Member

Is anyone else riding Thur night

cchris2lou

hi john, yes we are . meet at 6.45 at the Grunt gate .

gravesendgrunt
    Free Member

Thanks for last night guys,great ride again. 🙂

Free Member

Happy New Year to any one I have ridden with in 2012 and may we get some dry weather in 2013 .Keith.

chief31
    Free Member

Anyone still riding joydens at night?

Viewing 32 posts - 361 through 392 (of 392 total)

The topic ‘Joydens Woods’ is closed to new replies.