• This topic has 18 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by biff.
Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Jones Plus
  • singletracksurfer

Anyone got one and what’ya think of it?

I have a Krampus, but hoping the Jones will be better for techy stuff (and still good for the usual XC riding and bike packing duties).

BillOddie

No, but a mate has.

He is a very tall chap and his super long Jones actually looks in proportion.

I’m sure it will handle techy stuff with aplomb but my Krampus with Jones Bars was ace on techy stuff, super planted, with tons of grip and rollover.

singletracksurfer

My Krampus has Jones bars on too actually. I do love it but feel sat on top of the bike though, which isn’t so good on the steep stuff. I believe the Jones is different.

How tall? I’m 6’2 so a bit unsure what size/length to get.

BillOddie

Tom is about 6ft5 or so, not many people make me look small (despite the forum name) but he is one of them.

I know what you mean about sitting ON a Krampus rather than IN it.

That being said, running a dropper (X-Fusion Hilo) helps you get low and move your weight about.

benp1

6’5 and on a Jones? I thought he’d be too big, last thing I remember reading was that if you’re big then they’re not really for you

(I could be getting mixed up with Stooges…)

Clink

6’5 and on a Jones? I thought he’d be too big, last thing I remember reading was that if you’re big then they’re not really for you

Jones Plus come in a bigger size…. Gate size!

BillOddie

Gate size!

More like Forth Bridge size. Huge thing.

futonrivercrossing
    Free Member

Jones Plus space frame is coming soon, it has a shorter chainstays.

Chainline
    Free Member

Interesting this development Futon, does this mean he doiesn’t believe any llonger the things he espoused originally or is the spaceframe lus for bigger folk.

I suspect I may let my Spaceframe go, its not getting the use it deserves, I seem to have become addicted to bonkers geometry!

futonrivercrossing
    Free Member

Or just a case of offering something different to the diamond plus?

Had my Spaceframe for over 6 years, still my only bike 😉

Clink

I’m interested in the Krampus comparison too.

stevemakin

Krampus. ECR and Jones plus here

all very different rides

Krampus 2×10 for woodsy singletrack and bike packing

ECR with Rohloff for off road touring/bikepacking

Jones Plus 1×10 for every day riding and bike packing

still not quite got the Jones dialled in right but if you made me keep one it’d be that one

stevemakin

and to answer the OPs question, yes the Jones is a very competant tech riding bike, makes me think I can ride downhill fast and very sure footed in steep techy dropoff type terrain

Clink

Which for long xc/marathon?

singletracksurfer

Thanks Steve. Hmm everyday riding is woodsy singletrack.

Love the krampus, but sounds like the Jones would be better overall for me. I need to go and ride a Jones (plus) and weigh up the differences between diamond and spaceframe.

BillOddie

Apparently NSMB.com (yes really) have a Jones Plus review coming. Introduction article on the site now.

martinh
    Free Member

Not ridden a Krampus but I really like my Plus. I’m 6′ 4″ and had doubts about the 25″ but needn’t have. It performs well on twisty single track and excels on the downhills and the tech stuff.

timbur
    Free Member

Biff has a Jones plus in “normal person” size as well as the 5 bar gate one :O) Should be able to arrange a demo on them easily enough.

biff

Indeed – 25″ Plus is currently with Charlie Bikemonger. 24″ is with me in Sussex (but can go places). Feel free to email me (or Charlie etc).

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Jones Plus’ is closed to new replies.