Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 78 total)
  • Jokes – it’s that time again and you lot have never let me down
  • sc-xc

From time to time I have to host a staff awards thing, only bearable by (a) getting slightly drunk and (b) me weaving in as many bad jokes as possible.

Obviously we are doing it online this time, so I won’t be able to hear the audience in stitches, although thinking about it I don’t think anyone ever laughed in real life.

I’m looking for your best short, stupid and relatively clean jokes. Particular favourites are from teh Bob Mortimer/Peter Beardsley camp:

– I went to the electrical shop and asked if anyone could sell me a kettle
    – Kenwood?
    – Great, where is he?

– Do you think glass coffins will be a thing of the future?
    – Remains to be seen

– I was walking through the graveyard and saw a man crouching by a gravestone
    – Morning!
    – No, I’m having a dump

That sort of thing. What ya got?

zzjabzz
    Free Member

Get some inspiration from Gary Delaney’s YT channel…

GrahamS

Is “International Women’s Day” over yet? I’m starving.

perchypanther
    Free Member

Knock, Knock
    Who’s there?
    Interrupting Cow
    Interrup….
    MOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

jimdubleyou

I bet the guy that has the patents on hand-sanitiser is rubbing his hands together now.

TheFlyingOx

I’m learning Hindi at the moment. “Sari” seems to be the hardest word.

andrewh
    Free Member

Three boys in the playground.
    My dad’s a binman
    My dad’s a road sweeper
    My dad’s a lawyer
    Honest?
    No, usual sort

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Some Tim Vine one liners, they always make me chuckle…

“I’d like to start with the chimney jokes – I’ve got a stack of them. The first one is on the house.”

“I did a gig in a fertility clinic. I got a standing ovulation.”

“I had a dream last night that I was cutting carrots with the Grim Reaper – dicing with death.”

“I rang up British Telecom and said: ‘I want to report a nuisance caller.’ He said: ‘Not you again.’”

“I saw this bloke chatting-up a cheetah and I thought: ‘He’s trying to pull a fast one.’”

“The advantages of easy origami are two-fold.”

“I rang up my local swimming baths. I said: ‘Is that the local swimming baths?’ He said: ‘It depends where you’re calling from.’”

“I said to the gym instructor: ‘Can you teach me to do the splits?’ He said: ‘How flexible are you?’ I said: ‘I can’t make Tuesdays.’”

“I’m against hunting. In fact, I’m a hunt saboteur. I go out the night before and shoot the fox.”

“This policeman came up to me with a pencil and a piece of very thin paper. He said, ‘I want you to trace someone for me.’”

“I met this bloke with a didgeridoo and he was playing Dancing Queen on it. I thought, ‘that’s Abba-riginal.’”

“I’ve decided to sell my Hoover – it was just collecting dust.”

“I was getting into my car, and this bloke says to me ‘Can you give me a lift?’ I said ‘Sure, you look great, the world’s your oyster, go for it.’”

“I went down the local supermarket. I said: ‘I want to make a complaint – this vinegar’s got lumps in it.’ He said: ‘Those are pickled onions.’”

“I’ll tell you what I love doing more than anything – trying to pack myself in a small suitcase. I can hardly contain myself.”

“I was at sea the other day and loads of meat floated past. It was a bit choppy.”

“You know, somebody actually complimented me on my driving today. They left a little note on the windscreen, it said ‘Parking Fine.’ So that was nice.”

“I’m so lazy I’ve got a smoke alarm with a snooze button.”

“I’ve spent the afternoon re-arranging the furniture in Dracula’s house. I was doing a bit of Fang-Shui.”

“I was stealing things in the supermarket today while balanced on the shoulders of vampires. I was charged with shoplifting on three counts.”

“Uncle Ben has died. No more Mr Rice Guy.”

“I once did a gig in a zoo. I got babooned off.”

“Eric Bristow asked me why I put superglue on one of his darts. I said ‘you just can’t let it go can you?’”

“I saw this advert in a window that said: ‘Television for sale, £1, volume stuck on full.’ I thought, ‘I can’t turn that down.’”

“I’ve just been on a once-in-a-lifetime holiday. I’ll tell you what, never again.”

“Conjunctivitis.com – that’s a site for sore eyes.”

“Do you ever get that when you’re half way through eating a horse and you think to yourself, ‘I’m not as hungry as I thought I was?’”

“Black Beauty – now there’s a dark horse.”

“I was reading a book – ‘The History of Glue’ – I couldn’t put it down.”

“I got home, and the phone was ringing. I picked it up, and said ‘Who’s speaking please?’ And a voice said ‘You are.’”

“Exit signs? They’re on the way out!”

“Velcro? What a rip-off!”

“I went to buy a watch, and the man in the shop said ‘Analogue?’ I said ‘No, just a watch.’”

“I was in this restaurant and I asked for something herby. They gave me a Volkswagen with no driver.”

“I went to the doctor. I said to him ‘I’m frightened of lapels.’ He said, ‘You’ve got cholera.’”

“I met the bloke who invented crosswords today. I can’t remember his name, it’s P-something T-something R…”

“I was having dinner with my boss and his wife said, ‘How many potatoes would you like, Tim?’. I said ‘Ooh, I’ll just have one please.’ She said ‘It’s OK, you don’t have to be polite.’ ‘Alright,’ I said, ‘I’ll just have one then, you stupid cow.’

“A friend of mine always wanted to be run over by a steam train. When it happened, he was chuffed to bits!”

“I was in the army once and the Sergeant said to me: ‘What does surrender mean?’ I said: ‘I give up!’”

“This bloke said to me: ‘I’m going to attack you with the neck of a guitar.’ I said: ‘Is that a fret?’”

kennyp
    Free Member

Today marks the start of National Dihorrea Awareness Week. It runs till next Saturday.

kennyp
    Free Member

On International Women’s Day I posted a particularly sexist joke online. Someone gave the Feminist Society my home address but luckily none of them can read a map.

kennyp
    Free Member

I sat my semaphore exam today. Passed with flying colours.

kennyp
    Free Member

Where’s the filthiest place in the house? Not the toilet or the kitchen. It’s the hard drive.

IHN

Fella walks to the bar and order three pints of bitter, two pints of lager, two bags of crisps and a bowl of nuts.

Barman says “would you like a tray?”

Fella says “do you not think I’ve got enough to carry?”

kennyp
    Free Member

This might make me sound big headed, but I can’t get my sweater on.

IHN

And with deepest regards to Cougar, who I got this from:

I used to be in a reggae band, I played the triangle. I’d stand at the back an’ ting.

BillMC

Hmmm, you’ve got jelly in one ear, custard in the other. You might be a trifle deaf.

zippykona

My shop is next door to a locksmiths, they can open but I can’t.
    Apparently they are key workers.
    This joke I told to Tim Vine when he came into my shop…
    I lost my voice for a week
    You didn’t hear me moaning about it though.

mahalo

Ive been going out with this girl who works at the zoo – she’s a keeper!

fasthaggis

An Englishman,an Irishman and a Scotsman walk in to a bar.
    But the Englishman wanted to leave so everybody had to.

Minting of a 50p coin commemorating Brexit has been delayed.
    They can’t decide what to do about the border.

mahalo

tried explaining to my 4yr old lad that its perfectly normal to shit your pants – but he still takes the piss out of me!

mahalo

The was a kidnapping at my daughters school yesterday!!!

its ok though – he woke up eventually.

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

Man walks into a bar
    SQUISH – it was a Mars bar.

creakingdoor
    Free Member

I’ve just fixed the horn on the local Scout groups minibus.
    Beep repaired.

Amazing, I’ve just been given six cricket balls for my birthday.
    Bowled over

grum
    Free Member

What do the films Sixth Sense and Titanic have in common?

Icy dead people

grum
    Free Member

But what you really need is Peter Beardsley’s joke book from Athletic Mince (ideally read by Bob Mortimer):

Peter Beardsley’s Joke Book – I’ve made a list of all his jokes from AthleticoMince

I went to the local video shop and said could I borrow Batman Forever? He said, no you have to bring it back tomorrow.

I told me wife I got a job at the bowling alley. Ten pin she said. No it’s a permanent post I replied.

I went to the doctors and said I’ve got a problem, I always have a dump every morning at 6 o’clock. He said what’s the problem with that. I said I don’t get up until 8:30

This recruitment consultant asked me what do you think of voluntary work. I said I wouldn’t do it if you paid me.

A clown turned up for work late on his first day and he got sacked from the circus. He’s suing for funfair dismissal.

Episode 61 I went to the doctor the other day and he said you’ve got hypochondria. I said oh god not that as well

My grandfather has the heart of a lion and a lifetime ban from the local zoo.

My arse was really sore after a curry. The wife said ring sting. I said why what will he be able to do?

Episode 67 A man walks into the doctors and says doctor doctor I have 5 penises. Blimey says the doctor, how do your trousers fit? Like a glove

I said to the doctor people keep taking the mick out of me because I think I’m a cricket ball. The doctor says how’s that? I said don’t you **** start.

Cougar

Some Tim Vine one liners, they always make me chuckle…

My dad got arrested for stealing roadworks. I couldn’t believe it, but when I got home all the signs were there.

I got one of those universal remote controls. I thought, this changes everything!

Man walks into a bar
    SQUISH – it was a Mars bar.

A man walks into a pub. Clang! It was an iron pub.

fasthaggis

I almost had a Psychic girlfriend,but she left me before we met.

creakingdoor
    Free Member

I almost had a Psychic girlfriend,but she left me before we met.

The winner!

Cougar

A local farm has had a fence vandalised between two empty fields. The farmer said he won’t be losing any sheep over it.

A clown held a door open for me yesterday. That was a nice jester.

I met a drag queen from Greater Manchester today. He had a Wigan address…

Just spent 300 quid on a limousine and discovered that the fee doesn’t include a driver. I can’t believe I’ve spent all that money and I have nothing to chauffeur it.

Customer: “Have you got that new book about small penises?”
    Librarian: “I don’t think it’s in yet.”
    Customer: “That’s the one!”

What do you call a Scotsman with one foot inside his front door?
    Hamish.

How do you get two whales in a Volkswagen Beetle?
    Drive west from Bristol.

I can only sleep when lying on stacks of magazines. I’ve got back issues.

If Spider-Man didn’t have all that Web stuff going on, would he just be Peter Parkour?

fasthaggis

How many people here have telekinetic powers? Raise my hand

I am not Catholic,but I gave up picking my belly button for lint.

sc-xc

Jesus. Some of these are so terrible they are perfect!

Thanks everyone, keep ’em coming!

captainclunkz
    Free Member

My grandfather says I’m too reliant on technology. I called him a hypocrite and unplugged his life support.

captainclunkz
    Free Member

What’s yellow and can’t swim? A bus full of children.

maccruiskeen

I sat my semaphore exam today. Passed with flying colours.

My father was a morse code operator just like his father before him

He di-dit because his da-da di-dit.

jodafett

White Horse walks into a pub. Barman says “Did you know there was a whisky named after you?”
    The Horse replied “What? Eric?

Cougar

^^

The barman says, “we don’t get many talking horses in here you know.”

The horse replies, “I’m not surprised at five quid a pint.”

verses

I’m not looking forward to my next haircut. I’m off to a new Jamaican barbers.

I’m dreading it.

twonks

Why do you never see bears hiding in the woods?
    Because they’re really good at it.

matt_outandabout

Keep them coming. 🤣🤣🤣

jimmy

I went shopping for camouflage trousers. Couldn’t find any.

When I met my girlfriend she was wearing a bright top and big gloves. I knew she was a keeper.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 78 total)

The topic ‘Jokes – it’s that time again and you lot have never let me down’ is closed to new replies.