• This topic has 59 replies, 45 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by grum.
Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 60 total)
  • Jobsworth or Profiteer? Bike Park Wales
  • JoeG
    Free Member

portlyone – Member

Have you got a justgiving page?

I’d donate a penny! 😀

mildred

Liz will be lying on a bed of money, giving out an evil, yet somehow sexy cackle, letting all those two pound coins run through her fingers….

I don’t know Liz. I don’t know what Liz looks like or how old she is; my imagination is weak and my mental image is really fuzzy, yet…

I’m still really excited by this..!

beefheart
    Free Member

Liz charges a lot more than a fiver an hour, I can tell you.

muggomagic

I’ll give you £3.01 for the day pass.

ampthill

Apparently if you incorrectly fill in a bank transfer and put several thousand into a random persons account

1. Your bank in’t even obliged to tell you who ended up with the money
    2. Your bank will ask nicely for the money back but won’t take the money out of their account
    3. If the person refuses to return the money your only option is to take legal action at your own expense. This is complicated by the fact that your bank won’t tell you who they are…

nealglover
    Free Member

Apparently if you incorrectly fill in a bank transfer and put several thousand into a random persons account

1. Your bank in’t even obliged to tell you who ended up with the money
    2. Your bank will ask nicely for the money back but won’t take the money out of their account
    3. If the person refuses to return the money your only option is to take legal action at your own expense. This is complicated by the fact that your bank won’t tell you who they are…

Cool story.

What’s the relevance ?

jon1973
    Free Member

What’s the relevance ?

People should be more careful.

nealglover
    Free Member

Yeah thanks.

Just seems an odd shift, where do bank transfers come into it?

weeksy

I think he’s saying

“if you balls up and pay someone, then it’s your fault”

Like the OP paid BPW, it’s not like they came and took it out of his car.

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

I will never put my On One, with Superstar brake pads and Dave Hinde built wheels on my Halfords bike rack to go to ride Bike Park Wales again

😆

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

brakes
    Free Member

I heard the customer service was a bit RUFF, but this is getting ridiculous.

Jamie
    Free Member

That would explain the paw service.

ampthill

I think the relevance of the bank charges is that the consequences of a mistake can be much worse a few quid

The bank thing does seem a bit unfair. Although can you imagine selling a car buy bank transfer and then the buyer saying they put your account number in by mistake…

nealglover
    Free Member

The bank thing makes perfect sense really.

They have no authority to take money from any account, without instruction from the account holder.

You give them an instruction to move money to a specific place, and they do it.

Without instruction from the other account, they can’t just take it out again.

angeldust
    Free Member

Jesus, get a life tightarse. Is £2 really worth loosing sleep over

jambourgie
    Free Member

Never been to anything like this before, but looking at the website one can be driven up the hill in a van. Presumably so you can just roll down without using your tubby legs. Is that not a bit… well, embarrassing?

takisawa2

If it’s any consolation op, I’ve just mentioned this whole debacle to Derek, my 85yr old neighbour, & he said he’d not be using Bike Park Wales in future. He’s going to spread the word down the Lunch Club too.

andyrm
    Free Member

You made a mistake. Business has T&Cs to protect their margins in the instance of customer error. You enter into contract with them accepting those T&Cs. That aside it’s £2. Cheer the **** up.

grum
    Free Member

Never been to anything like this before, but looking at the website one can be driven up the hill in a van. Presumably so you can just roll down without using your tubby legs. Is that not a bit… well, embarrassing?

Do people like you really exist?

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 60 total)

The topic ‘Jobsworth or Profiteer? Bike Park Wales’ is closed to new replies.