Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • Jees its windy!
  • FunkyDunc
    Free Member

I thought the gales were supposed to have passed?? Chuffing blowing like mad here… north Bradford

Bregante

Indeed. I saw a HGV get blown over on Barton Bridge, M60, on my way home tonight. (was on the opposite carriageway and there was no way to stop safely but I rang it in) slowed right down and saw other drivers climbing up onto the cab to get the driver out 😯 . Hopefully he’s okay.

v8ninety

It’s bonkers in Shropshire too… I’d be very surprised if there aren’t some trees down round here after tonight.

Stoner
    Free Member

draft is up again in Worcs

duir
    Free Member

Dodged some scary thunderstorms into Aberdeen tonight and it was very sporting under 1000′. Silly season.

jools182
    Free Member

Another sleepless night

hugor
    Free Member

What tyres for windy conditions?

andyl
    Free Member

Feels like we are going to lose the roof down here in North Somerset. Anyone fancy riding up to Crook Peak? 😀

Bustaspoke
    Free Member

Blowing a gale over here,West Lancs,can’t remember the last time it was this noisy.I thought yesterday was supposed to be the worst day?
    I drive an artic for one of the supermarkets,it was horrendous on the M62 this afternoon,could’nt have the window down with my arm out! 😯

valleydaddy
    Free Member

Up in Barnsley in a hotel gale is blowing here too, I’ve forgotten ear plugs so gonna be a long night, blinking window doesn’t close properly typical 🙁

maxray
    Free Member

More blowy than normal that’s for sure, makes me paranoid about the big sycamore at the bottom of the garden… keep meaning to work out its height to see if it actually would hit the house if it fell! 🙂

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

It’s really blustery here in east London. I dread to think what it’s like in other parts of the country if it’s this wild here. We generally only get 20% or so of any really bad weather like winds, so it must be proper bad out of town.

My letterbox is rattling. I’m going to bung some Blu-Tak or something on it so it don’t annoy me all night.

globalti
    Free Member

Went out at 06:00 for my usual morning piss on the lawn and didn’t know which way to face, it got blown all over the place. I think this is the worst wind I’ve experienced at sea level, even worse than Tuesday.

Gotta go on the roof Saturday or Sunday to fix the cowl, which has a broken leg on the “hat” and is rattling like a good ‘un, waking me at 3.30 today.

takisawa2

The wind lashing the rain on the bedroom window at 5am had me think better of going for my run. 😥

stayhigh

For some unknown reason I decided to pass up a nice warm dry drive to work with mrs Stayhigh in favour of a cold wet windswept single speed commute 🙄

beckykirk43
    Free Member

I don’t think I want to go outside…heard a bang outside an hour ago, couldn’t see for a while because it was too dark…have now seen this was the source of the bang!

Shed roof is looking a bit broken now!

Nobby

We now have our neighbours fence strewn across the garden :-\

scaredypants

Went out at 06:00 for my usual morning piss on the lawn

😀 😯

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Piss on a lawn? Environmentally friendly that is, saves flushing! 🙂

Tough conditions on the Col du Blackfriars this morning, chucking a hoolie it was!

tomaso
    Free Member

Out around Coniston and over Iron Keld/Tarn Hows last night and it was really gusty but surprisingly dry in term of precipitation. Massive amounts of surface water run off coming down from the hills and it was like riding in a stream. Roads quite flooded and a few trees down going through Windermere keeping the police nice and busy.

Coming to work this morning was like riding a turbo trainer on full whack, crawling along at 8 mph. When I got to Morecambe Prom I almost got blown away by the gusts. Should be easy street going home though :mrgreen:

JonEdwards
    Free Member

Another sleepless night

ditto (Sheff). And I usually sleep like a log. Wind is sufficiently hard it’s blowing the rain up under the tiles, so the damn roof is now leaking too (no felt)

The wind I can sort of cope with. I just really, really, really, wish it would stop pissing it down.

alfabus
    Free Member

@beckykirk43 – good to see you got straight out there and cordened it off with safety fencing… that should stand you in good stead when the ambulance chasers come knocking 🙂

Dave

zippykona

Lost my big Garden gates and felt off the shed roof. Extreme Epsom!

wingnuts

Sleepless night here in Milton Keynes. Wife chucking up and then when I’d tenderly sorted her out the winds just got monumental. So noisy and gusty. Not seen this scale here before. What was getting me was we had only just finished, yesterday afternoon, putting the wind deflectors on the new solar panels and I scared about them lifting off and sailing away. All seems ok now though.

v8ninety

Wife chucking up and then when I’d tenderly sorted her out the winds just got monumental. So noisy and gusty.

I know exactly how she feels. If it’s not one end it’s the other… 😯 😳

Sue_W
    Free Member

Mental winds here on the north Wales coast.

Have just tried, and failed, to get into the office. First road blocked as they can’t safety operate the traffic barriers on the rail crossing, turn round head down another road – blocked at the junction as the traffic lights are out and there car chaos, turn around head down another road – blocked due to a fallen tree … Give up, and head back home.

So working from home today, but now have no-one to chat to! Anyone want to join me in the virtual office? I need fresh coffee at this time in the morning if anyone else wants one? and I hope someone’s bought some decent biscuits in. Meet up later for a gossip at the water-cooler?

BlobOnAStick

Aye, proper mental on Worcestershire Beacon last night – kept the plume of water from my front tyre out of my eyes though! 🙂

drinkmoreport
    Free Member

@tomaso -how far do you commute?! 😯

xcentric
    Free Member

@Sue_W – I’ll have a coffee too, if you’re making some…..

Sue_W
    Free Member

xcentric – sure thing … columbian or italian?

portlyone

@tomaso – you know the wind will have changed directions

bikebouy
    Free Member

Propers windy here on the sarf carst, windy enough for..

WINDSURFING!!!!

Uber whoops of joy, phones been going off like a cockpit of a space shuttle all morning with my mates rattling on at me to..

GET OUT HERE YOU WUS!!

Looks ike 3.2mtr and 75ltr heavan..

West Witts here I come…

Edit: that should read “LOOPS of JOY!!!!”

beckykirk43
    Free Member

@beckykirk43 – good to see you got straight out there and cordened it off with safety fencing… that should stand you in good stead when the ambulance chasers come knocking

That was already there! Trying to stop the dogs destroying *all* of the grass over winter!

I thought it had died down but it’s started up again – horizontal hail and all!

Bregante

Typical! First day off since boxing day and I was going to go to Lee Quarry today!

Bloody wind…..

TiRed

Nine miles home into a 25mph headwind last night on the fixed – had to stand up to make progress on the flat! Rode the boys to school three miles into the same wind this morning in an echelon. The ride back to work was a little easier 😀 . I love this weather.

singletracksurfer

my garden has got a lot bigger since yesterday… got fence panels down either side 🙁

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Fallen trees? Blocked roads?

Pah!

I had to sellotape my letterbox shut to stop it rattling all night.

That’s how serious things are. 😯

RAGGATIP
    Free Member

Riding along a back lane on my way from work on Tuesday when a car approaching from the opposite direction shone his full beam on me and then flashed temporarily blinding me. I regained my eye site and collided with a tree that had fallen across the road. Whilst I was untangling myself and my bike from the branches the driver walked up to me and asked if I was OK. Then I realised he was old bill. He was trying to help but didn’t and now ‘cos my head took most of the impact I look like Pizza Face. Eveyone’s taking the mickey out of me at work. Bike’s OK though so not too bothered.

bikebouy
    Free Member

I’m back after 2.5hrs solid balls out x-off 3.2mtr and 75ltr board, fek me I’m knackered. In the club drinking beer with mates now..

If you are riding home, I hope it’s on your back WNW’ly all the way…home.

tomaso
    Free Member

@drinkmoreport – drove to Coniston last night for mtb ride and left Lancaster this morning to pedal to Morecambe.

@portlyone – it wasn’t as windy but it was still on my back. Cycling east from the west coast of England is nearly always with the wind on your back and vice versa…

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)

The topic ‘Jees its windy!’ is closed to new replies.