Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Jedi – now I understand…
  • colournoise

…what all the fuss is about.

Took part in an eight-person public coaching session today on singletrack skills. Even with a large group Tony was able to pick up on our individual needs and help us to focus on those as we went through the day’s sessions.

I actually got much more than just singletrack skills out of today, and although I maybe wasn’t that vocal about it at the time have come away with a HUGE boost to skills and confidence – up to me now to get it all hardwired into my head.

Long live the inner 15 year old in all of us! Tony even had me high-fiving at a couple of points, which for those that know me is probably more of a result for him than any improvement in my riding!

Thanks again Tony!

Oh yeah, my bike knows I’ve been Jedi’d too.

slainte 😀 rob

wisepranker
    Free Member

Quite simply, the man’s a genius 😀

The bike and kit’s gonna take some cleaning after today though!

emac65
    Free Member

Great stuff ! but that bike’s got another 5 or 6 rides in it before it needs a clean …………Mine was worse than that when before I went out on it this morning

granny_ring

Thankfully it was dry when I went!

Glad you enjoyed

jedi

ah man i am still buzzing from the session. 😀

slowrider
    Free Member

Sometimes STW just needs a ‘like’ button…

maxtorque

Watch out, the Jedi mud drys into concrete if you are not careful! it’s the perfect consistency of sand and small stones, i practically had to chisel some of it off my bike after not washing it off immediately 😉

I guess you had a nice wet sesion from the looks of things then?

Onzadog
    Free Member

I could tell the bike had been to see Jedi just from the brake levers.

zippykona

How do we contact Jedi? 24years proper mtbing and still can’t do a wheelie!

colournoise

maxtorque – Member
    Watch out, the Jedi mud drys into concrete if you are not careful! it’s the perfect consistency of sand and small stones, i practically had to chisel some of it off my bike after not washing it off immediately
    I guess you had a nice wet sesion from the looks of things then?

It only took the hour’s drive home for it to set solid in places – even the mighty Karcher had a few issues shifting some of it!

Still a little scared as to what I’ll find when I check out the state of my brake pads once the F1 has finished – they were making some interesting noises in the mud and grit yesterday and didn’t have much bite left at the end of the day.

slainte 😯 rob

pedwarpimp
    Free Member

First time posting here but just wanted to comment on what a Great day yesterday was . Its a pleasure to be able to say I’ve also been jedi’d now.

Managed to get of the mud off yesterday and cleaned brakes today, ran out of degreaser to do the chain though 🙁

Cant get all the new stuff I learnt out of my head, I keep going over it all. Can’t wait to put it all into action next time I’m out. Maybe a thetford session coming on one evening in the week.

Cheers Tony for such an awesome day.

GW
    Free Member

head out now instead of worrying about de-greasing your chain 8)

maxtorque

The first time you’re out on your usual trails, post Jedi, and you swivel your inside arm, lay the bike down and just carve into that particular previously “awful” off camber, slippy turn that has always had you tip toeing around it, and then exiting the other side with a massive smile on your face is ACE!

chronos
    Free Member

Colournoise..nice arty colour keying of mud and fence sir.

Tony is full of the joy of life, and it shows in his teaching.. I’ve learnt a ton of stuff and it was enormous fun ..Thanks Jedi

Picked up a pointer from Nate too.. cheers Nate.

Think I might stay on the bike more now…very handy.

Agree about pva qualities of mud too.

JediMud by muddymoles, on Flickr

jedi

now you know why i have a perma tan 😀

makkag
    Free Member

onzadog – so true , tony sorry wont get down to herts before alps but will be in touch after, monstering swinley yesterday and my improvements are down to my sesion at herts with tony … best bit is its all become natural now .. you would be high fiving if you saw how low them bars got pushed yesterday even in the slop !

maxtorque

I find a nice thick layer of mud on ones legs helps keep the stinging nettles at bay on those narrow summer singletrack sorties…………. 😉

jedi

makkag, high5!!

colournoise

maxtorque – Member
    The first time you’re out on your usual trails, post Jedi, and you swivel your inside arm, lay the bike down and just carve into that particular previously “awful” off camber, slippy turn that has always had you tip toeing around it, and then exiting the other side with a massive smile on your face is ACE!

This. Had to get out to some local trails after work today while we had a brief weather window just to try it all out in the ‘real world’.

slainte 😀 rob

jedi

nice one rob! 😀

Mintyjim

So that I don’t upset all those non-believers (who, I imagine, haven’t actually spent any time with Tony) I’ll tag my experiences onto Rob’s thread here and not start another new one….

Yesterday I made the long trek from South Wales over to Tony’s gaff in Hertford with some trepidation I must admit.

I’ve been mountain biking for 20 years and have been to some pretty cool places with my bike but yesterday Tony transformed my riding, confidence and ability in only a few hours.

My cornering became nuclear powered and I nailed a gap that would have previously had me filling my pants just looking at it.

Manualling in 4 minutes was quite special too.

Jedi was cool, patient, never condescending and very understanding and worked some magic. It was a pleasure to meet him and his coffee wasn’t too shabby either!

Cheers Tony!

James

organic355
    Free Member

is there a Jedi equivalent in (central) Scotland?

Dirt school the only option?

emanuel
    Free Member

jedi,if you’re ever in barcelona send me an email.I’d like a session.
    can lend you a bike if you want.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Jedi – now I understand…’ is closed to new replies.