Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • JE James Cycles, has it got any better, thinking of ordering.
  • seth-enslow666
    Free Member

Looking at buying something from them, Would avoid like death normally. The thing I want is cheap though and I think I have heard that they were trying to improve things!! Not hard to improve when it used to be so bad from my previous experience with them.

Hot air or is it worth a punt

grumm
    Free Member

I've ordered from them a few times, and while delivery has been a tad slow, I've not had any major problems.

Coleman
    Free Member

Personally I've never had any problems with them, but on here I doubt you would get much positve feedback even if they turned into 'retailer of the year'. If it's a bargain go for it.

soobalias
    Free Member

ive had no complaints, not usually my first port of call but i certainly dont have any reason to avoid them.

footstomper
    Free Member

Used a few times and as said they are a tad slow but had no problems with any of there gear.

cheers_drive

Slower than CRC/Wiggle/Merlin but no problems and some good bargains too.

sheppie_hill
    Free Member

recent purchase was fine, chose the free (slow) postage option and it took 5 working days and that was with the postal problems. No complaints here and the tyres were a bargain.

simon1975

Yes they're not the fastest but they do at least warn you that it'll be something like 5-7 days unless you pay extra for priority service.

trailmonkey

Snail Mail delivery and if something on your order is not in stock, it takes them a few days to work that out too. Some bargains at the moment though so just about worth it.

cullen-bay
    Free Member

never ordered from them before 2 weeks ago, and the stuff hasnt arrived, they say they will resend or refund after 15 days 🙄 refund please…

ART

How timely – was also considering ordering from them, but having had no direct experience thought it might be worth checking first. So when people say slow – how slow do you mean. E.g. if it's in stock and you chose free postage on average does it arrive within 5 days as in sheppie's experience?

grumm
    Free Member

Yeah it has generally been 3-4 days with me, sometimes a bit more or less.

JonBurns
    Free Member

I sent some forks back a few weeks ago on a warranty job, spoke to a guy on Saturday saying he'll post them out monday…they've only blinking well arrived today (well, when I go pick them up from the courier depot).

tails
    Free Member

how i would look at something like that is, they have a poor rep where as crc, wiggle, 18 bikes, merlin have pretty good rep so let j e james go to the dogs why trouble yourself with 2 weeks delivery crap like that when the others will have it on your doorstep in 2 – 3 days. how big is the saving

Esme
    Free Member

They are still rubbish

I ordered a pair of shoes on 1 September, with free delivery. Received the wrong ones on 9 September, which I returned the same day (recorded delivery). 15 days now, and still waiting . . .

mrsflash
    Free Member

I ordered some shoes 2 weeks a go, got them within 5 days. Not as quick as merlin/crc/wiggle but no problems. I did pay for the quick delivery, but they were still cheaper than getting them elsewhere.

z1ppy

cullen-bay – Member
    never ordered from them before 2 weeks ago, and the stuff hasnt arrived, they say they will resend or refund after 15 days refund please…

Considering I've waited just under 15 (working) days for my last Merlin delivery, I hardly think that a problem you can lay at JE James door – my problem where definitely Royal Fail induced.

Just about to order from them for the 1st time, so will see.

seth-enslow666
    Free Member

Got a price match from CRC. So will be buying from them. Even though JE James is in theory my LBS within 15 mile of where I live. No point trying to pick it up as last time when I phoned they could not be arsed to find if they had the item at the nearest branch to me. I have never had any issues with CRC. Never had a good experience with JE James. So I guess looking at the above what people have listed then they still have some way to go, to get in reach of the others!

cyclistm
    Free Member

I find it very frustrating that I order items that the website say are in stock, only for the parcel to turn up and find the item is not in the box.

Make a call, oh sorry, we should have said its out of stock.

Other than that, fine.

Del

ordered some ff gloves, took 5 days or a week to turn up, then turned out to be fingerless. returned. no ff gloves in stock. did they think i'd just accept the fingerless ones ( over a fiver cheaper )?
    website still showed the ff gloves in stock.
    fail.
    shan't bother again when others do it so much better.

Junkyard
    Free Member

sent my order to the wrong address (different from invoice one!)and then waited to get it returned to them (even though they knew this) and then checked it before refunding my money.
    Erratic at responding to e-mail bit better by phone.
    Could not recommend would only use if no one lese had it in stock.

Esme
    Free Member

Spent a frustrating 30 minutes on the phone this afternoon, trying to find out what's happening about my shoes, which I ordered 16 days ago. Wrong ones delivered on 9 September, which they received back by Recorded Delivery on 10 September. Since then . . . nothing. No parcel, no email, no communication at all

Apparently, they haven't even opened the parcel, never mind sent the correct pair

To save myself a load more aggravation, I've asked for a full refund

And to add to their lousy "customer care", I didn't even get an apology

Judging by the "couldn't care less" attitude of the staff, it also seems a pretty unpleasant place to work

Esme
    Free Member

Grrr . . . it gets even worse . . .

I phoned J E James on 17 September to tell them to cancel my order (after waiting for 16 days). Nevertheless, a week later a parcel arrived from them. I've no idea whether it contained the correct shoes this time, as I sent it back unopened

They promised to refund my postage for returning the first pair of shoes, because they sent the wrong ones. However it cost £5.20 for Recorded Delivery, and they refunded only £3.98. And another £5.20 to return the second parcel, which I asked them not to send anyway

But it's not just the money and poor service, it's SO frustrating attempting to deal with such a lousy company as J E James

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

sax_widby
    Free Member

je james in sheffield are rubbish, never have what i need and are a bunch of ar£es when it gets to 2hrs before closing time. don't bother…

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘JE James Cycles, has it got any better, thinking of ordering.’ is closed to new replies.

RAFFLE ENDS FRIDAY 8PM