Home Forums Bike Forum James Corden

• This topic has 95 replies, 62 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by Kato.
Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 96 total)
  • James Corden
  • glenp
    Free Member

Well I like him, and I think he's funny and talented.

I haven't seen the Patrick Stewart clip, but I doubt it would alter my opinion.

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

As soon as he stepped out of gavin and stacey he came across as a young cocky talentless idiot who'd mistaken the talents of his writers for his own abilities as a comedian. Didn't he do an utterly awful sketch show that got cancelled pretty quickly?
    I suspect he will dissappear pretty soon, whilst patrick stewart will comtinue being great.

glenp
    Free Member

Huh? James Corden writes. Which is a lot more than the one-role only actor who's only skill is shaving his head and having a suitably deep luvvy voice.

soobalias
    Free Member

newsflash: its 2010 and the internet is still full of trekie geeks

warton
    Free Member

mistaken the talents of his writers for his own abilities as a comedian

he wrote Gavin and Stacy with Ruth Jones (Nessa)….

Karinofnine

SOOBalias – Member
    newsflash: its 2010 and the internet is still full of trekie geeks

and your point is? 😆

bobbyspangles
    Free Member

'Gavin and Stacey' = 'Royal Family' = 'Bread'

gentle and humourless, like bromide for the masses.

james corden, can sh+t his own leg off for all i care…….wish it would stop raining.

thepurist

Huh? James Corden writes. Which is a lot more than the one-role only actor who's only skill is shaving his head and having a suitably deep luvvy voice.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patrick_Stewart

Yeah, that Stewart guy's done nothin but Picard.

He's still a muppet for what he said though – right sentiment, wrong timing.

monkey_boy
    Free Member

As soon as he stepped out of gavin and stacey he came across as a young cocky talentless idiot who'd mistaken the talents of his writers for his own abilities as a comedian. Didn't he do an utterly awful sketch show that got cancelled pretty quickly?
    I suspect he will dissappear pretty soon, whilst patrick stewart will comtinue being great.

+ 1, saves me typing

dmetcalfe
    Free Member

i find him quite funny, league of their own way a really good show, and gavin and stacy is good, not seen him in anything else, but those 2 things have been good

grumm
    Free Member

I suspect he will dissappear pretty soon

Not before presenting a world cup show after every big game on ITV apparently – instead of Baddiel and Skinner 👿

glenp
    Free Member

Even the wiki page outlines his career as "early works" "star trek" and "other"

Sorry, he's famous for being in Star Trek TNG, being bald, and er… that's it. Until now, when he's also famous for making a dick of himself. Maybe he should have a go at writing – I wouldn't advise comedy though, since he clearly has zero potential in that direction.

tiger_roach
    Free Member

He may be most known for Star Trek for those that watch such things but he is known for being an uncommonly good actor by those that care.

tony_m
    Free Member

I wish I could honestly say "Who's James Corden?", but unfortunately he seems to be everywhere at the mo. Oh well, hopefully his "fame clock" has reached 14 mins 59 secs now.

And the same goes for Adrian Chiles… 👿

tiger_roach
    Free Member

Hasn't Chiles just got into the big league? Well lured away from BBC anyway. The shows he does now aren't my thing but I used to like him on Working Lunch years ago.

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

he wrote Gavin and Stacy with Ruth Jones (Nessa)….

OMG, you're right. How is it the rest of his stuff is so awful!

RustySpanner

OMG, you're right. How is it the rest of his stuff is so awful!

Because Ruth Jones wrote all the good bit of G&S, the wonderful, warm, thought provoking stuff, the bits that made it all worthwhile.
    He wrote the knob gags.

The Lily Allen of comedy – initially entertaining, but tedious after three minutes and incredibly annoying after five.
    Gives fat people a bad name.
    Will end up as a sad alcoholic in the Cheggers mould, hopefully.

warton
    Free Member

what a lovely thing to wish on someone. Take a bow for being todays total dickhead

JonR
    Free Member

Am I the only one who noticed that Patrick Stewart seemed tired and confused as a lord on the video?

brassneck

Cheggers is far from either sad or an alcholic, and actually a very nice chap, and pretty damn witty in person. Funny how a media snap shot from years back sticks though.

RustySpanner

what a lovely thing to wish on someone. Take a bow for being todays total dickhead

Perhaps the 'hopefully' was a bit off.

Cheggers is now fully recovered and has a decent career, of which he can be proud.
    Let's hope Corden can be proud of his someday.

glenp
    Free Member

Do you antis not find this funny then? Comic Relief England Team thingy

DaRC_L

Had dinner next to Patrick Stewart in Madrid; there was only him, his wife and me (on a business trip) in the hotel restaurent.
    I restrained the urge to go all trekky uber-fan.

Liked Gavin & Stacy (esp as actor who played Stacy's mum is the wife of a friend) but dissing Prof X…
    oiiiii Corden NO!

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Do you antis not find this funny then? Comic Relief England Team thingy

I lasted 58 secs including the intel ad.

Not funny.

glenp
    Free Member

Ah well, there you go. Takes all sorts to make real life. I laughed.

58 seconds doesn't get to the jokes though. So you declared it not funny without actually seeing it. Like I said, takes all sorts.

tiger_roach
    Free Member

Maybe most of us are just a bit too old for him? Like Lenny Henry, you grow out of him….

BigDummy
    Free Member

Comic Relief England Team thingy

I confess I struggled with this Glen. The canned laughter track seems to go off when he says things as though they're funny, which I don't follow. Is what he says supposed to be funny, or is it funny like The Office, where you're watching an unbearably awful person say something stupid as though it's funny?

Genuine question, I quite appreciate that tastes vary, but I really don't get Corden. Kingtut's lego animation set to Eddie Izzard doing the Death Star Canteen thing last week had me in stitches. 🙂

RustySpanner

Like Lenny Henry, you grow out of him….

Rudy's Rare Records on Radio 4 is quite good, but Lenny is the worst thing in it. 🙂

glenp
    Free Member

The canned laughter is not my cup of tea. But if you don't get the laughs then you just don't get them. Whatever – I find it puzzling this hatred of James Corden. I think he's talented and funny.

As for having a go at him about the PS thing – it was the stuck-up luvvy that started it!

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Lenny Henry is a good actor but a rubbish (read tired) comedian.

58 seconds doesn't get to the jokes though. So you declared it not funny without actually seeing it. Like I said, takes all sorts

I was a bit vague, I mean I find him not funny – full stop.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Kingtut's lego animation set to Eddie Izzard doing the Death Star Canteen thing last week had me in stitches

It is indeed the funniest thing on the web (you tube at least).

For those who have not had the pleasure..

Death Star Canteen

scaredypants

ohhh, that's James Corden !?

I don't really get him either. Pretty much what BD and someone else said about being like the office. The England team thing is the only thing that he's done that I found a bit funny, and you have to set that against the next effort on the sports personality show which was only amusing before he came onstage (and that was only because he got loads of sports people to join in the joke on film) and then went downhill fast. Flogged a mildly amusing dead horse IMO.

Gavin & stacey was OK but I don't much rate Smithy

StefMcDef
    Free Member

He's fat ugly tube. If he's good at writing comedy, he should stick to that and keep his repellent, bloated cakehole off my telly. There are enough munters/bloaters in real life – TV should be the sole preserve of beautiful, airbrushed visions of perfection like Fiona Bruce. 😈

glenp
    Free Member

So he's fat and far from making an apology for it he makes a joke out of it – and that's what you object to?

Junkyard
    Free Member

He may be most known for Star Trek for those that watch such things but he is known for being an uncommonly good actor by those that care.

+1
    Neither came out of the spat well but Corden is not that talented a comedian IMHO and Stewart is a better actor than he is a comedian. He will become one of those people famous for being famous and no one will recall why.

BigJohn

I've just seen the clip of Corden and Stewart on YouTube.

It reminded me of the cold war phrase – Mutually Assured Destruction

KINGTUT
    Free Member

So he's fat and far from making an apology for it he makes a joke out of it – and that's what you object to?

I think most people (here) just don't find him funny, calling him fat is just a nice little insult to tag on.

organic355
    Free Member

god is this thread still going?

RustySpanner

He will become one of those people famous for being famous and no one will recall why.

And then he will implode under the weight of expectation.
    (Alcohol may or may not be involved – it might be cake. Or cocaine, that seems quite popular).

Seems to be one of those people who are considered funny when playing an exaggerated version of themselves, but struggle to move on.

Shame he's been built up so much by the media – he's only young and would have benefited from the chance of a year or so off to go away and write something genuinely amusing.

brakes
    Free Member

wasn't he in the film with the boys at some Sheffield school looking to go to Cambridge with a teacher who touched them up – the fat one from Pie in the Sky?
    he seemed a good actor in that, rather than a c***

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 96 total)

The topic ‘James Corden’ is closed to new replies.