Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • Is this unreasonable?
  • rascal
    Free Member

I ordered a few bits last Tuesday from a bike shop via their website (not one of the usual suspects).
    It was before 2pm – after the transaction had gone through I noticed a flash saying ‘orders received before 2pm despatched same day. Brilliant.
    Just got home and I still haven’t received my goods.
    I did get an email form them last Thursday (more than 48 hours after they took my money) saying it had been despatched. It said delivery can be 1-3 working days. Even with the BH it should have been here today…their claim on their site suggests it should have left last Tues, if not Weds.
    Hardly a major incident but I’m pretty annoyed they haven’t turned up.
    Sent an email last night for some clarification – heard nothing today.
    They will be getting a nice call off me tomorrow.
    I’m holding fire on naming them just yet but pretty bloody sure I want be using them again.

I know there’s been a bank holiday but still pretty shoddy, or am I being a princess?

cdoc
    Free Member

Nice tiara, Rascal 🙂

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

Really? You had to ask that?

darkplunger
    Free Member

Taking Good Friday and Easter Monday into account, if it was dispatched on Thursday, then three working days is not up until tomorrow.

mattbee

Just to rub it in the wheels I ordered from Superstar on Fri arrived today.
    I wasn’t expecting them until Fri mind, what with Easter and all.

rascal
    Free Member

Taking Good Friday and Easter Monday into account, if it was dispatched on Thursday, then three working days is not up until tomorrow.

Sat, Tues, today – that’s today. The point being their site says one thing then delivers another (no pun intended).
    Whatever – I’ll be using the usual suspects from now on.

Flapjack
    Free Member

I’ve never known any company to class Saturday as a ‘working day’.

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Saturday is not a working day.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Just incase it wasnt clear. Saturday isnt a working day.

steezysix
    Free Member

Also, if it’s been despatched, surely it the carrier’s fault, not the shop’s?

bearnecessities

Not being shoddy, understandably miffed perhaps, that has to be balanced with BH/weekend stuff, which you’re doing.

Pretty crap whine to be honest 😀 . If you don’t have it by Friday you can escalate to defcon princess with good reason.

rascal
    Free Member

Ok – seems I’m in a minority of 1 that thinks to say ‘despatch same day’ and despatched 2 days later are different things…I can live with that. They’d better be here by Fri or I’m gonna have a right proper cry 😉

fd3chris
    Free Member

It’s horrible getting home and your stuff not waiting for you !

grum
    Free Member

YABU 🙂

Drac

I feel your pain, I ordered from Wiggle on Good Friday dispathed on Saturday for 3-4 working days delivery. It arrived today so only took 2 days as Saturday isn’t a working day, for most.

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

This all depends if it has been despatched on the days they say the times I have been in businesses collecting mail when they have been on the phone telling someone its on the way and they turn to me and say its still there on the shelf so you never know.I ordered something from CRC good Friday and it said it was despatched Saturday wont go far as Royal mail don’t do to much on Sunday yet even with Bank Holiday I got it today so sound.

dufusdip
    Free Member

Trendz?

konabunny
    Free Member

IMHO if it says orders dispatched the same day…they should be/

eddiebaby
    Free Member

I had something despatched from China lastWenesday. It arrived today, 2 weeks before the estimated delivery date.
    Next time I need 2000 tons of steel I’ll be ordering it from there…

thestabiliser
    Free Member

E mail in profile if you need to talk to someone (I definitely definitely won’t just copy and paste it on here, definitely)

slowoldgit
    Free Member

I’d be miffed about the two-day delay at the start, when they should know that deliveries would be messed up by Easter. I wouldn’t go back there.

kerley
    Free Member

IMHO if it says orders dispatched the same day…they should be

Agree. It is seen as a selling point to me and would be part of my decision in using that shop over another one with a similar priced item. Pretty much comes down to false claims/advertising doesn’t it.

mattbee

There’s usually some small print somewhere that says they aim to dispatch X percentage of their orders within the time slot but can’t guarantee all of them.
    I’ve ordered stuff from Plnaet X recently, one order then another the next day when the 40% off started.
    First order in 24h, next one on free delivery. The free delivery order turned up the next day, the 24h one was 3 days but according to their system was indeed 24h from dispatch. Lizards.

kayla1
    Free Member

Dry your eyes. Also, it’s the carrier’s fault not the shop’s (as has already been said) unless the shop hasn’t actually sent your stuff yet and were fibbing when they said they had in which case can I have a flaming torch rather than a pitchfork please?.

edit- something that really boils my piss is when someone says “Well, I ordered item x from country y and it arrived before I’d even paid for it so why hasn’t my order from you, in the same country, arrived yet?”. Here’s a tip- the two cases are completely unrelated and in most cases the seller doesn’t own (or work for) the delivery company.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

It was before 2pm – after the transaction had gone through I noticed a flash saying ‘orders received before 2pm despatched same day. Brilliant.
    Just got home and I still haven’t received my goods.

So the dispatched that day was just a bonus?
    How much before 2pm?

kayla1
    Free Member

And another thing, would any of you super-entitled self-unaware people expect an online mauling if you messed up in your job? Mistakes happen although there is a difference between a genuine mistake and outright lying about the reason why you haven’t sent the stuff… 😀

bruneep

Just incase it wasnt clear. Saturday isnt a working day.

What!

Since when? Been working Saturdays and god forbid Sundays for 25yrs.

Drac

Next you’ll be saying you work at night and Xmas.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Since when? Been working Saturdays and god forbid Sundays for 25yrs

Are you a courier?
    Expecting the Saturday between 2 bank holidays to work smoothly is a bit of a leap…

rascal
    Free Member

OP here.
    Ok – so I’ve just got off the phone to ‘the retailer’.
    Asked very politely if they could let me know what the state of play is with my delivery. Give lady on phone ref number: it was despatched Tues of THIS week – one whole week after it should have been. The email I got was either a lie or a very misleading mistake. She was very apologetic and agrees with me that it is crap service. Even allowing for a BH weekend this is unacceptable and very annoying. “Sorry but there’s nothing I can do” was the limp reply. ‘You should receive it any day now’. Not good enough.
    I will never use Winstanleys again.

bruneep

[video]https://youtu.be/7u0wg3t6osM[/video]

trail_rat
    Free Member

ah ok its winstanleys.

they are famous for this.

anything remotely odd ,they order from the supplier when you order from their site …. its been like that since the early 2000s.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

[video]https://youtu.be/JuMlHdxiIZ8[/video]

ehrob

That is a bit crap of them. I’ve only used a couple of times but not had a problem.

Dunno where you are based, and not a very helpful comment I know, but if I need something within a particular timeframe I head to an LBS to buy it. Just sayin.

iainc

and on the flip side, I ordered a set of forks from same retailer last Wednesday afternoon and they arrived mid morning this Tuesday. Same store, great service from my point of view….

kayla1
    Free Member

Meh.

Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)

The topic ‘Is this unreasonable?’ is closed to new replies.