Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Is this safe without a helmet on?
  • Yorkshire-Pudding
    Free Member

Just wondering if it’s safe to post anything on singletrack anymore without being bombarded by a load of Shi-ite by a set of sanctimonious a$reh0les who seem to think they are the be all and end all authority on absolutely everything.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

So many rules broken in one post..

seven
    Free Member

1/10

JonR
    Free Member

I went DHing with a bloke in his 40s who refused to wear a helmet and he seemed okay.

rudedog
    Free Member

you’ve spelled arseholes wrongly.

DezB
    Free Member

Yep. WGAS what they think?

Yorkshire-Pudding
    Free Member

Sorry I thought I might upset someone with a rudish word!I didn’t think anyone would work out the secret code on that one. I’ll try harder next time!

Diawl
    Free Member

No, it’s not.

oopnorth
    Free Member

My experience from today says no!!! 😉

They are still at it on my thread….

Yorkshire-Pudding
    Free Member

****s (for the codebreakers out there if you’re a bit stuck it says Knobs)

stumpynya12
    Free Member

There are some good (helpfull) people on here, but heh what do I know about anything.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I find a tinfoil hat best when posting on here – and a nice soft padded room – and why does my jacket have such long sleeves

julianwilson
    Free Member

being bombarded by a load of Shi-ite by a set of sanctimonious a$reh0les

…so says the person whose last post on this forum was a poor joke about someone else’s spelling mistake. 😛

But yes, most entertaining how flustered folk get about technical/bikey things. I thought that the chat forum existed to enable us to respond more sensibly to threads in the bike forum.

S_J
    Free Member

You should be ok provided you’ve got a big enough trial pack on 😉

julianwilson
    Free Member

TJ, “I really like this jacket but the sleeves are much too long”. 😀
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4wMn21DePs[/video]

jhw
    Free Member

there is a definite frustrated middle-management vibe going on, accompanied by a bit of a school bully atmosphere on some threads – might the two be related?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I think they are all cross at losing their child benefit so they won’t be able to send Jocasta and Tarquin to public school. Or they will have to give up the second BMW but they are bloody well not giving up skiing in St Moritz

khani
    Free Member

An fer gawds sake get yer spellin rite or the league of avenging Internet English teachers will burn you alive and dance on your rotting corpse, innit……. 😕 At the moment if you avoid, god, unions, helmets, politics, rucksacks 😯 and fox forks, you may escape intact (physically at least)
    Think little fluffy kittens
    Or puppys………………(not Those ones)

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

khani – should we scatter bomb the angry threads with irrelevant pics until they all cheer up?

khani
    Free Member

Have a radish

khani
    Free Member

Some of em wouldn’t cheer up if a tenner landed on their head
    But that would be funny 😀

Yorkshire-Pudding
    Free Member

Ooooh think of the papercut I could get without a helmet though! 😉

HermanShake
    Free Member

Always ride with a condom on. You just never know.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I am going to have to start wearing a helmet for posting on here – maybe a scrum cap as all the banging my head on the desk is starting to hurt

julianwilson
    Free Member

tj, I think someone might have already used that one on another ranty helmet thread yesterday. FWIW, I’d recommend Protec SXP as apparently you can bounce it on several smaller impacts without significant deterioration of the shock absorbing foam.

A shiny/glossy one though, this craze for matte ruberised finishes on helmets can only result in stiction and consequent increased rotational forces on skate ramps or polished desktops.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Is this safe without a helmet on?’ is closed to new replies.