Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Is there such a thing as a "spring jacket/jersey"
  • singlecrack
    Free Member

Getting to hot in a winter jacket and its still a bit cold for gillet

Is there an in between type of garment ??

I do ride with a windproof over jersey and arm warmers but still sweat to much.

mrchrispy

gore phantom

**THREAD CLOSED**

mattstreet

^^^ What he said. 🙂

molgrips
    Free Member

There is if you buy Assos.

Their range of clothing is organised into hardcore winter, late winter, early spring, spring, late spring, early summer, summer, late summer, early autumn, autumn, late autumn and early winter. Seriously.

It’s f’in expensive enough as it is, can’t imagine the cost of a complete wardrobe of kit for every season!

Nice tho 🙂

Back in the real world, layer.

Get a windproof, a fleece and a base layer. In the cold, wear all three. Gets warmer, lose the fleece. Warmer still, just wear the base layer. In summer, t-shirt or jersey. Simple, and cheap.

xherbivorex
    Free Member

i use an endura mt500 jersey/jacket; brilliant for all but the wettest of spring days.

Rorschach
    Free Member

Endura windchill or better still endura equipe thermo windsheild (crap name ace jacket).Primarily aimed at the roadies but more than a match for the Phantom…and cheaper to boot.

iainc

MT 500 is very good, as is GroundEffect Baked Alaska

singlecrack
    Free Member

Endura windchill looks good for the price 😉

CountZero

Buffalo Windshirt over a light fleece or merino shirt.

cheers_drive

Do you mean the original Gore Phantom n2s? I the current version for my chrimbo and it was far to warm tonight on the road with a short sleeve base layer underneath.
    How about a windproof jersey like the Endura Jetstream?

edhornby

have you tried a longsleeve baselayer and a shortsleeve jersey? works for me perfectly when too warm for the jacket

if it’s the wind that makes you cold, newspaper up the jersey, oldschool pro cyclist knowhow 🙂 broadsheet of course

singlecrack
    Free Member

kind of after a highly breathable softshell I suppose

I tend to ride with a base layer vest ,cycle jersey ,arm warmers and windproof over if its cold but getting too sweaty at the moment in the mild weather, swapping the windproof for a gillet is a bit too far and chilly.

Rorschach
    Free Member

The equipe one is worth the extra £25 (got both).

cinnamon_girl

Softshells are brilliant! Probably easier to go into bike shops as they do vary in weight and thickness.

The other thing I do is use a Gore Windstopper gilet with a base layer underneath plus Windstopper arm warmers. Works for me.

stevemorg2

try a Rab vapour trail – over a short sleeve baselayer if it’s warm and a long sleeve one if it’s still a bit chilly

dandelionandmurdoch
    Free Member

What herbivore and iainc said: Endura MT500 is suberb: has just enough wind protection. I carry around the ubiquitous Montane Featherlite Jacket for when additional protection is required.

In fact, that setup can see you through quite a lot of the winter with the right base layer (e.g. Helly Hansen Lifa Dry)

(Disclaimer: in the South of the UK at least…) 😉

mrchrispy

Oooo I forgot about the MT500.
    I’ll have to dig mine out, ace for keeping the chill of when it too warm for the phantom

aP
    Free Member

Rapha ls jersey and a gilet. What else is needed?

molgrips
    Free Member

Softshells are way too warm for me to ride in unless it’s uber freezing.

Mackem

a gilet

Punk_Drummer
    Free Member

Long Sleeved Base Layer, Short Sleeved Base Layer, Gillet, Arm Warmers,

I always find at this time of year its best to have lots of layers that you can put on or remove easily rather than having 1 or 2 items on.

PD

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Is there such a thing as a "spring jacket/jersey"’ is closed to new replies.