Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Is The Countryside and Rights of Way Act under threat?
  • DoctorRad
    Free Member
    mrmo
    Free Member

saw that intend to do a bit of digging. Crow doesn’t help riders, horse or bike, so reform could be good. Somehow i doubt it though

TheBrick
    Free Member

Sounds horrid but in many ways I’m not surprised. However I’m always suspicious of Monbiot as he is not very balanced or even rational in some of his arguments and pieces.

schnor
    Free Member

How Monbiot makes the mental leap from ‘suggestions to reduce legislative red tape’ to ‘oh noes, they’ll scrap every single environmental law!1’ I have no idea.

He should know you can’t “scrap” statute; whats more likely is that parts of particular Acts will be contained in fewer over-arching Acts instead, and given how complicated the Acts he mentioned it would never happen in reality.

AIUI its purpose is to combine all the similar regs / SI’s / etc for particular areas – a random search for ‘goat’ brings up 3 pages 😯 – I wonder what ‘tax’ brings up?

If I CBA (which I can’t) I’d tell him they’re INclosure acts not ENclosure acts; just another example of it being a typical Guardian / Monbiot article that contains just enough truths to help obscure the ‘errors’ and grammatical trickery. Ho hum 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Is The Countryside and Rights of Way Act under threat?’ is closed to new replies.