Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Is sky "on demand" free?
  • wrightyson
    Free Member

Just found all that stuff whilst browsing the hd sky box. Are say the box sets free, such as inbetweeners?

Dibbs
    Free Member

As far as I know, the paid stuff is marked Sky Store.

althepal

Hmm. Think the box sets are only free for a while.. maybe thats only if you have the basic package tho. Which we do..

Liftman

The box sets you only get them if you have the entertainment extra + package

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Have the words ‘sky’ and ‘free’ ever been uttered in the same sentence?

unovolo
    Free Member

The On demand function is free ,but the content varies.
    As said anything labelled ‘sky store’ is chargeable individually but it does tell you onscreen the cost and normally prompts you to enter the pin to order.

The availability of other content is dependent on your package ie.movies.

You can browse and download movies but unless you have the movies subscription it won’t let you watch them, same goes for Sports, documentaries and some of the boxsets.

patriotpro
    Free Member

Have the words ‘sky’ and ‘free’ ever been uttered in the same sentence?

😆

OP – it depends on your package as to what is included as ‘free’.

Mr_C
    Free Member

All episodes of Inbetweeners are on 4OD so in this case that would be almost free – the only cost being you have to watch some adverts.

the-muffin-man

the only cost being you have to watch some adverts.

The best bit about Sky On-demand is you don’t have to watch the ads!

It downloads the programme to your Sky Box so you can watch in the same way as any other recorded programme and skip through the ads.

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

on-demand stuff checks a couple of things

you can normally watch the channel it comes from – so if its a movie, you need the (right) movies package… and conversely, the free-to-air channels, i.e. bbc/ITV/4od/5, are all free.

(as liftman says) you need (or certainly did originally) a minimum of the entertainment extra + package to get box sets

lastly that, it might be a pay-per-view event, in which case you pay, er, per view, all labelled as ‘sky store’

let us know if you can get to the inbetweeners, cause I’m not sure what happens if you don’t have extra+ package, but are getting a box set from a “free” channel.

treaclesponge
    Free Member

On certain packages yes it is, downloaded all of the wire to watch again although its a right PITA to have to select each individual episode to download, why dont they have a download all or download season button!

wrightyson
    Free Member

I watched the first inbetweeners episode last night but I think I am extra +

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Is sky "on demand" free?’ is closed to new replies.