Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Is it possible to upload garmin data via Nexus 7 or other android phones?
  • dobo
    Free Member

The garmin data would be sent to Strava or alternative website.

i also dont have a nexus 7 yet but slowly eliminating reasons for not getting one and getting rid of my crap laptop.

The garmin devices are edge 705 and forerunner 210 and i have an android phone so would be nice if i could get that to work too.

If possible how?

paladin

Don’t think so. You need to download the gasrmin communicator plugin which is only available on windows or Mac.

StackEd

I’ve got Uploader for Garmin by Carlo Pescio off the Play store. However i’ve still not got round to getting a mini USB to micro usb cable to enable me to link my phone and Garmin together so i can’t vouch for it directly, although it does get 4 stars.

scotroutes

Does the Nexus (or any Android device) support USB attached external drives?

StackEd

PS – it seems that it is a pay to play app once you’ve had a free go to make sure it works, not sure how much it is.

househusband

Does the Nexus (or any Android device) support USB attached external drives?

My Nexus 7 will using the right USB lead and Nexus Media Importer.

dobo
    Free Member

Thanks stackEd, need to get that cable too, ill check that app out on my phone and see if i can get it working on that once i get a cable.

Be good to hear from anyone thats got this working.

scotroutes

Cool. New Nexus 10 is on the Birthday present list 😉

gravity-slave
    Free Member

Garmin doesn’t play with the USB OTG cable unfortunately. Tried it on my Nexus 7 with my 200 – no go.

dobo
    Free Member

that app looks like it should work, just need the cable now

looks like a few on amazon for under a pound. think ill buy a mini to micro and a micro to female usb so i can plug the other usb cable in and hope one works.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

I uploaded my edge 800 data via the nexus 7 for my coast to coast trip this year. I rooted the nexus 7 and used a otg cable. I tried the garmin uploader but couldn’t get it to work.

dobo
    Free Member

hmm thats doesnt sound promising.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

It was the mk1 nexus and the edge 800 so things might be different for yours. Failing that rooting is a doddle.

Haze

Not had much luck here…tried OTG cable, Nexus 7 both stock and rooted with PA3. Wasn’t playing with the HTC One X either.

Probably a way to do it that I haven’t sussed though, interested to hear more…

stinger16
    Free Member

I can upload my garmin 610 data via my galaxy note 3. It has the ant+ radio.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

I had to save the rides to the sd card and then take the card out and use an adapter connected to the otg cable. Connecting the Garmin direct was always hit and miss.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Is it possible to upload garmin data via Nexus 7 or other android phones?’ is closed to new replies.

RAFFLE ENDS FRIDAY 8PM